Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:

General Motors will develop electric vehicle battery separators with manufacturer Microvast in a joint partnership that will yield a new separator plant in the United States. The project is being funded by a $200 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Battery Materials Processing and Battery Manufacturing initiative.

GM will contribute its separator and coating technology to the partnership with Microvast, yielding a new separator technology to improve EV battery longevity.

The goal of the partnership is to “improve EV safety, charging and battery life” through the development of a new separator, GM said. The work will be effective and compatible with all types of lithium-ion battery cells, including graphite, silicon, and lithium-metal anodes and nickel-rich, cobalt-free, lithium iron phosphate-type and high-voltage cathodes, GM added.

Looks like the government is going to fund GMs plants for them. Government Motors, indeed.

“It was one thing after another basically. Just a flat-out burning dumpster fire of stupidity I would say was the beginning of the company, and we had to recover from there and it was very difficult.”

-Elon Musk"

Last edited:
I guess this is what "the steep part of the S-curve" looks like 😂

Where are they all going though? I was surprised to see October deliveries in Norway so low, pretty much the same as pre-GF4 days. I would have expected a more steady pace now. They batching by country? Does that even make sense...? Shipping to Taiwan?

I really don't know

Edit: OK, you answered my own question :)

1667513907760.png

I am sure this story will be the headline on all the networks tonight!
And they would mention “it’s unclear whether the vehicle is equipped with FSD beta, or whether Autopilot were engaged at the time of the incident”, also “we would likely see more of such crashes before autonomous driving software matures”.

Not only were they animal meat, but I found out afterwards that they are the cheapest hotdogs you can buy (which could explain why it tasted so bad). Since our disabled daughter is a human garbage disposal that eats anything, my wife gets those dogs for $1/pack. That's right - an entire pack for $1. I'm pretty sure that means those are filled with all the animal scraps that other profit hungry hot dog companies have too much integrity to use. I'm lucky I didn't need to get my stomach pumped, but it probably took one year off my life.... 🤕
Man, I know what you said about your daughter, but man, I'd buy organic top-quality stuff anyway... I couldn't eat garbage like that and would want my kids to either (although I'm sure they do) - I prefer to err on the safe-side with food

Zeihan is always a cheery guy.

Not saying he is wrong, but if you follow him long enough you might go full prepper.

Too funny. Yeah, in my mind, the jury is still out with regard how far down the primrose path I should follow him. I should have made it more clear that I wasn't saying what Zeihan is saying is gospel, I was just trying to offer a counterpoint to a lot of chatter here that Interest rates should top out soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Unpilot
better report...did you guys discuss this earlier?
Either way this is the best "Tesla Article" involving a tesla "wreck" I have seen because of the photos/proof.
There's an thread on that in the Y forum. Stupid nutty ppl...

• Love
Reactions: lafrisbee
That assumption is not embedded in the test, which was measuring relative moves, not absolute share price. We have reasonable control group here, which is all the other days Elon didn't sell.

Here's the entire time series of TSLA daily % change I looked at. The average daily TSLA change was -0.1%. Can you point out for us which of these days Elon sold stock on this chart?

View attachment 870186

If Elon's individual sales have any material effect, then it will show up as a tendency to have a different % change for TSLA on those days compared to the baseline expectation (-0.1%). Or alternatively, if the news of Elon selling has this effect, then it should show up a couple days after the Form 4 confirms the sale occurred.

That could be, but where is your supporting evidence? Personally I haven't thought of any actual way to test whether that's true.

Depending on what evidence you have, the "I think" preface suggested by @2daMoon might be appropriate.
So you've discovered that derivatives amplify noise. I would have expected that you'd already know that. You also would be hard pressed to identify the days of FOMC interest rate changes in that noisy data. I supposed to you that means that it also had nothing to do with the stock price.

• Helpful
Reactions: ZsoZso
Man, I know what you said about your daughter, but man, I'd buy organic top-quality stuff anyway... I couldn't eat garbage like that and would want my kids to either (although I'm sure they do) - I prefer to err on the safe-side with food
Yeah, now that I know, I'm telling my wife to buy better stuff.... :oops:

Edit: Apparently she did that to help save money since we were facing Margin calls.....
(She has never stopped clipping coupons since we met almost 30 years ago)

Last edited:
Cruise is apparently skipping right past deluxe or luxury and right for "Public Transportation" here. Looks like the inside of a tram car. Just needs graffiti, some vomit, and a passed out homeless guy in the seat next to you (You hope he's passed out and not dead anyhow). That likely comes at the end of the break in period.

1667516872195.png

Edit... this just looks cheap and uncomfortable. Not like "Build to survive lots of people"... cheap and uncomfortable. People gripe about Tesla panel gaps, but the door seam on the far side starts out at 3/8" wide and ends up 3/4" wide at the top. It's all crazy bad.

Edit 2: It's a driverless car.... why are there giant side mirrors? Does it also have an appendix?

1667517384641.png

Last edited:
Cruise is apparently skipping right past deluxe or luxury and right for "Public Transportation" here. Looks like the inside of a tram car. Just needs graffiti, some vomit, and a passed out homeless guy in the seat next to you (You hope he's passed out and not dead anyhow). That likely comes at the end of the break in period.

View attachment 870833

Edit... this just looks cheap and uncomfortable. Not like "Build to survive lots of people"... cheap and uncomfortable. People gripe about Tesla panel gaps, but the door seam on the far side starts out at 3/8" wide and ends up 3/4" wide at the top. It's all crazy bad.

Edit 2: It's a driverless car.... why are there giant side mirrors? Does it also have an appendix?

View attachment 870835

Looks like very little front crash protection. You'd get a very front row seat to any "Ooopsie" made by the vehicle. I also wouldn't want any other vehicle to hit me in that thing from the rear or sides!

I suspect the "mirrors" are just a way to stick cameras out from the car for some reason.

Thing about this, as Elon has spoken about, you don't get a cheap vehicle by making a custom vehicle out of cheap parts on a 1,000 vehicle assembly run. You get a cheap vehicle out of a 500,000 production run vehicle. So it has to have some sort of mass market appeal. Selling that subway car interior to the masses does not look possible.

I am sure this story will be the headline on all the networks tonight!

Edit: looks like 1 channel aired it, not a huge audience but a start
This is not a Tesla story. It's an idiot driver story. The fact that it's a Tesla is completely incidental to the event. Teslarati is doing no one any favors by carrying it. WTF.