Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Train crash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This is crazy. Looks like the car is broken into pieces, but the driver only has minor injuries!

"Witnesses told NBC Bay Area the Tesla driver was sitting on the tracks and distracted when the crossing arm came down on the car. She reportedly exited the car, moved the arm off the vehicle then tried to beat the train."

Wow...just...wow...

Reactions: tm1v2
Yeah, but how's the train? Did it have a Tesla catcher........

This is actually a good question. A woman was killed by parts of a car (or truck) near Chicago a few months back. She was a passenger in the rail car near a window, a couple cars back from the engine. Hit hard enough, parts can bounce off trees or other structures and then back into a train, and that's exactly what happened. The force was high enough to rip open the passenger compartment of the train, killing her. The collateral damage from impact forces can be quite devastating, for all nearby.

Strangely, just today, FSD Beta 10.69.2.3, happily drove right onto a set of railroad tracks and stopped behind traffic. I was very surprised! No train came before the light changed and it proceeded. But, really???
From what I've seen FSD Beta will stop in the middle of crosswalks too. Doesn't look like Tesla has really worked on this aspect yet. Knowing this, drivers should be manually stopping the car. As you note, it is illegal and unsafe for the driver to allow their vehicle to stop in the middle of a railroad, crosswalk, etc.

In less than 20 years from now, a common derogatory comment about any tech that doesn't ever live up to its promise will be "FSD Beta."

"Hey Fred, I see you're messing with that personal genome self-improvement product again." "Yup, I sure am, Jack. I hope to have Super Hearing and be 2 inches taller by Saturday. Says right here in the latest release that it should work!" "Oh Fred, that's just another FSD Beta you've got there. Be careful."

In less than 20 years from now, a common derogatory comment about any tech that doesn't ever live up to its promise will be "FSD Beta."

"Hey Fred, I see you're messing with that personal genome self-improvement product again." "Yup, I sure am, Jack. I hope to have Super Hearing and be 2 inches taller by Saturday. Says right here in the latest release that it should work!" "Oh Fred, that's just another FSD Beta you've got there. Be careful."
@Bikeman Like Duke Nukem Forever was in gaming...

(Yes the "Forever" name and DNF acronym were too good in this context.)

Reactions: ElectricIAC