Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I follow Elon closely on Twitter and bird and politics are all he talks about anymore.

Fingers crossed that it improves after this stupid election.

Indeed his Twitter timeline is dominated by politics and Twitter. He has retweeted Tesla a few times recently but it would be nice if he focused more discussion that way!

Would love to get a sense of how Tesla employees feel about their "Techno king" at the moment ?
If they are heads down and let Elon be Elon then great ... lets hope they are not bitching like TMC Investor thread ... :p
I can only paraphrase for a small subset of current Tesla employees.

"As long as Elon keeps being Elon at work, then we are going to get it done. We have to, the planet is counting on us to finish the job."

As soon as Engineers do NOT want to work for Elon anymore above all other companies, then it might be an issue. I imagine that the next time this survey is put out, Twitter is going to move up quite a bit.

Outside of that it is just noise.

I keep my focus on the signal and the signal is still several orders of magnitude higher than the noise.

My advice: Nothing in this world comes easy, anyone that tells you different is selling you something.

Forum members come and go from this thread and it will return again to being mostly signal (thank you mods!).

Never surrender, never ever ever capitulate!

I did surrender. Bought 400 chairs at around 190 as we were coming out of this lovely MMD.
I swear this is my last TSLA purchase and I plan to dump them all (not just these, but all I've been HODLing since 2014) once we get back to ATH territory -- yeah I may have to wait years for that, I know. I'm so disappointed in the "leadership" lately that I can no longer justify supporting him. Yes, it is emotional which is bad for investing I know.
At least I am not selling now when we are at the bottom, I can hold my emotions back for a while.

Buying today was a surrender of the emotions, I do not want to support it anymore, but I feel TSLA must recover from this sugar-hole eventually.

It's probably not time yet. Did you notice the TSLA weight in the S&P 500 index dropped to 1.63% in this morning's report, down from an ATH of over 2.5% back in September? (yes, less than 2 months ago).

S&P 500 Companies - S&P 500 Index Components by Market Cap

If the index reset was today, there'd likely be significant selling pressure on the rebalance date. Especially with shortzes front-running the event, and uncertain macros.

No, the time for Telsa to buy TSLA is likely Dec 16, 2022. A juicy $10B buy saves $100M in US Federal tax if done in 2022... ;)

Not advice. ;)

Paging @Unpilot
Tesla's reduced stock price already reduces its weight. No need to sell at rebalancing purely due to that.

I haven't been on this board as much in the last 6 months or so. I'm surprised to see so much negative Elon comments ... he lost me during the pandemic with his behavior but when I would post anything negative I would get tons of dislikes here. It seems as though the narrative has changed and even many on this board have had enough of Elon. I know I have.
Then please sell your TSLA (if you have any) and cut ties with Tesla, TSLA andTMC. And forego the tremendous potential gains in the stock as the company plows forward through all the FUD.

It has always been easier for me to trust and respect people who support/vote for particular candidates and cross party lines to do it, rather than those who merely choose a party to always vote for and never give it another thought.

Looking for what will work best, despite what everyone else is saying, is a quality I WANT in a Technoking of any company I invest in.
Indeed, well stated. My personal philosophy has consistently been to vote for the person, not the party. Admittedly, most of my votes have gone to people from a particular party over the years, but that's because of my views, not the party platform.

Last edited:
I think this post is a reminder that we all think way too much. ;)
It makes sense. He’s been talking about the woke left so much and how he think it’s the worst thing happening to America. Why would he want those people that are his enemies to gain from TSLA stock.

I see my comment was very polarizing just like politics 😉.

Then please sell your TSLA (if you have any) and cut ties with Tesla, TSLA andTMC. And forego the tremendous potential gains in the stock as the company plows forward through all the FUD.
This forum and particular thread is open for investors holding various opinions, with the exception of lies and FUD (which are normally called out by the members). I would hate to see valuable members be forced off just because their viewpoints may differ from the majority.

Well ... your implication about my stock ownership is telling. Yes, for the record I have a lot of TSLA stock ... well into 7 figures. I've made a fortune and unfortunately lost half of it in the last year ... but still well into the 7 figures. The fact that I'm a shareholder entitles me to have a say and the fact that I got in early and put a lot of money into a company that could have easily failed gives me the right to say and do what I want. SO basically .. thanks for your advice ... but I COULD NOT care less what you have to say.

And .. I'm still long and still sick of Elon's behavior. This narrative that shareholders don't have a right to question the CEO's behavior is cult like.

Edited: Grammer :)

Last edited:
I did surrender. Bought 400 chairs at around 190 as we were coming out of this lovely MMD.
I swear this is my last TSLA purchase and I plan to dump them all (not just these, but all I've been HODLing since 2014) once we get back to ATH territory -- yeah I may have to wait years for that, I know. I'm so disappointed in the "leadership" lately that I can no longer justify supporting him. Yes, it is emotional which is bad for investing I know.
At least I am not selling now when we are at the bottom, I can hold my emotions back for a while.

Buying today was a surrender of the emotions, I do not want to support it anymore, but I feel TSLA must recover from this sugar-hole eventually.
Hope you’re right and it recovers. I put $100k in at 333 sp. I’m down a lot. Hope things change soon

Both my portfolio and the stock price are multiple times higher than I thought it would be just three or four years ago.

It's normal for high flyers to gyrate up and down 30%-50% between highs and lows as they ratchet ever higher. The fact that TSLA is a bit over 50% down from all-time highs shouldn't surprise too much given how fast and how high it went. It is behaving like the extreme over-performer that it is. That said, I am surprised at the timing of it, but I know that timing is the one thing no one can predict in advance.

This is why we buy and hold. The real question for you should be:

How does your portfolio value compare to 2019 once adjusted for deposits and withdrawals? Based on your posts over the years, I'm guessing it's not a pretty look.
I have some really amazing forestry machines 😃. I dont own any stocks. I do manage a fairly sizable amount of forests, that is growing every day but I dont think that is what you mean.

For what it is worth I think this is a good time to be buying Tesla. However it should not be so cheap. If you are an earner this is not a bad thing, keep buying .

I'm down on Elon right now, but I don't blame him for his political change of heart. He creates (with others) a transformational, generational company that is right out of the American success story playbook, but then gets trashed personally by pols like Elizabeth Warren, Bernie Sanders and the like. The current administration whistles by the graveyard pretending that Tesla does not exist to not offend political supporters and companies. [By the way, I am center left politically as a point of reference.]

I would be pissed as well. Also, his most recent political comment about divided government is true. Nevertheless, I wish he would focus on "more important" matters, specifically with Tesla. He is who he is and I do not expect that he will reign it in and investors will have to make decisions accordingly.
I interpret it all as Musk putting a stake in the ground. If you attack him and his companies unfairly, he will return fire and you will get hurt. He is willing to slaughter a few sacred cows in the process and take hits personally. He is willing to be the bad guy for a while.