Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if THIS is the bottom now?

- CPI came in good and inflation might finally be trending in the right direction in a meaningful way
- Twitter deal is mostly behind us
- Elon just sold another big lot of shares, he might possibly be done now? Finally? Maybe? Please?
- Q4 is right around corner and will be another record Q
- Berlin and Austin are accelerating their ramping
- Shanghai is now over 1 million per year run rate

This week could very well be the bottom we've been expecting and waiting for. I'm not saying it is, but this is the highest potential for it we've seen yet.

I see today as a very important day. There are 2 camps here

Elon is still selling
In which case we are still screwed and this 5% gain will end up being flat or only up a couple of % points versus a big green day for the rest of the market. I don't believe we will end red if the Nasdaq can pump 4%.

Elon is done selling
In which case I see a 10% + Day for TSLA as the selling pressue from Elon is not there anymore and anyone who had puts or shorts cover their losses. It'll be a glorious day.

So i guess we'll see what happens soon.

I see today as a very important day. There are 2 camps here

Elon is still selling
In which case we are still screwed and this 5% gain will end up being flat or only up a couple of % points versus a big green day for the rest of the market. I don't believe we will end red if the Nasdaq can pump 4%.

Elon is done selling
In which case I see a 10% + Day for TSLA as the selling pressue from Elon is not there anymore and anyone who had puts or shorts cover their losses. It'll be a glorious day.

So i guess we'll see what happens soon.
I think it would be more glorious if it went to $140, and I was finally all out of cash from buying. To each his own.

• Funny
Reactions: 2daMoon
Market isn't even close to a bottom IMO and is way too optimistic. 0.2% on the CPI won't change anything, we need to see the labour market loosen up

By the time this is over, we'll have seen more bear-market rallies than COVID waves
There are a lot of problems UK Recession, China, Taiwan, Russia, New variants, Elon selling BUT this is a sign that things are getting better. If the market is not positioned properly and big money has too much cash on the sidelines they will enter positions. There is too much cash lying around for them to just sit on it until the next CPI or until China locks down again.

C'mon @Mengy, why'd you have to go and say something?

I'm going to celebrate at the end of the day if applicable instead of now for obvious reason
thumbs-thumbs-up-kid.gif

Market isn't even close to a bottom IMO and is way too optimistic. 0.2% on the CPI won't change anything, we need to see the labour market loosen up

By the time this is over, we'll have seen more bear-market rallies than COVID waves

That's certainly possible. But, if the Fed sees inflation turn around without the labor market loosening up, they might take that as a win and lessen the rate hikes. Take a more cautious and slower approach than they've been projecting.

If they need to ruin the labor market to bring down inflation I think they will, but I don't think they'll go that far if it's unnecessary. That would just blow us right past a recession and into a depression, and I don't think Powell wants that at all.

Either way we'll see how this plays out, but this is some nice positive news either way for a change.

I believe a 60 P/E ratio is quite normal on a business expecting to show 50% year over year growth for several coming years
60 at a minimum. It could even be higher and not unusual. However we are in a macro market doldrum right now, so PEs are going to be lower than historical averages for most stocks.

OT... my day trading 25 shares (again) is paying for coffee at least. Even though it's just a $100 here and there, it's still something and so my brain tells me I'm winning the game. It also makes it more fun trying to guess the peaks. I realize it might not catch some of the wind if I'm out when it pops, which is why only 25 shares.

This is ridiculous. The "FUD" campaign is being propelled by Elon's words and actions, nothing more. No one is "falling" for anything, everyone is seeing what is actually happening, at least everyone with their eyes open. Sure the media will attempt to amplify it but Elon keeps giving them ammunition with no sign of stopping.

You keep using that word, "everyone"

I do not think that word means what you think it means. :rolleyes:

That's certainly possible. But, if the Fed sees inflation turn around without the labor market loosening up, they might take that as a win and lessen the rate hikes. Take a more cautious and slower approach than they've been projecting.

If they need to ruin the labor market to bring down inflation I think they will, but I don't think they'll go that far if it's unnecessary. That would just blow us right past a recession and into a depression, and I don't think Powell wants that at all.

Either way we'll see how this plays out, but this is some nice positive news either way for a change.
I think letting off the brakes now would be similar to what happened in the late 70s-80s where inflation came down and then rocketed right back up to an even higher high

1668089161325.png

I'll be amazed if they consciously risk repeating that mistake

I think letting off the brakes now would be similar to what happened in the late 70s-80s where inflation came down and then rocketed right back up to an even higher high

View attachment 873171

I'll be amazed if they consciously risk repeating that mistake
Give us some context. What was the FED doing during that period? Cutting rates or staying put? Was the economy growing or in recession? What was the unemployment rate and job market doing?