Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps Giga Shanghai could benefit from this?

Random data point: It seems one of the families at the school I work for has a Rivian R1S and I saw it for the first time this morning....looks very nice and love the dashboard. Didn't think they were making them yet....

I saw one in a small town in NC yesterday, at least the person went electric.

it is too late for that warning 🤣

Never too late, but then this is truly the darkest time for Tesla stocks and today will definitely be insane day given its CPI report, as well as pending Elon's sales (Hopefully he will announce its done today), as well as all out from TSLAQ community.... Good luck everyone

Here we go, be careful everyone with margin and options

Looks like capitulation and the bottom is near ... ;) the Ives bottom

All depends on CPI.

While it's EM money and he is free to sell it ... folks have laid out alternatives by which he could sell/sold that would not have hurt the blood/sweat and tears of the Tesla employees. So still don't get why he chose to just sell in market and make profits for the front runners and the very people that hate him?

Some comments from a random doofus: most people I know don’t know Musk bought Twitter. Almost all use Facebook for communication. None reads the paper. Mainstream news is only watched during hurricanes. A disturbing number of educated professionals are MAGA. They are tired of know it alls of all stripes telling them how to live their lives. Some drive Teslas. Everyone lives in a bubble. So do I.

A purely painful dark situation? A bit melodramatic, perhaps.

Maybe a bit melodramatic, but still accurate from a Wall Street point of view which both Dan and Gary Black share. Institutional investor confidence in Elon and Tesla is down, and the combination of the Twitter deal and Elon continuing to sell TSLA with possibly no end in sight has big investors not trusting the stock looking forward. Couple that with inflation and down macros and you get TSLA being stupidly down. Faith in future performance is a huge deal for many WS investors, without it they'd rather choose a stock they DO have faith in performing reliably. "Reliably" being the key word there.

We here at TMC feel differently because we are retail investors, most of which will hold for the next decade no matter what happens. Institutional investors don't invest like we do, they value different things than we do, and currently Elon has done some stuff which has invariably hurt TSLA in the short term. That's just the way it is right now.

The important question is how long will it take to overcome this "brand" damage to TSLA? Damage in relation to the stock, not the company products themselves, that's in important distinction here. Will it be a month, a few months, a few years? Only a crystal ball could answer that, we can only guess and hope it doesn't take too long to dig TSLA out of the gutter it's currently in.

I don't think any positive catalysts will help TSLA now until the following happens:
1) The macro environment begins to improve, and
2) Elon stops hurting TSLA directly

Just my two cents based on my own musings & observations. I can't tell the future, of course.

There is no "Twitter overhang." There is a widespread smear campaign against Elon that has been running for years but recently intensified (as some of us knew it would). Big and powerful industries play dirty, as anyone can see from history.

What a shame that some folks here are falling for the familiar tactics, even after seeing how they tried to kill Tesla.
This is ridiculous. The "FUD" campaign is being propelled by Elon's words and actions, nothing more. No one is "falling" for anything, everyone is seeing what is actually happening, at least everyone with their eyes open. Sure the media will attempt to amplify it but Elon keeps giving them ammunition with no sign of stopping.