Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay folks, peak fud is near. Our Swiss free newspaper and known for poorly researched and superficial stories has a story on Elon Musk with "Investigative" (Please imagine Dr. Evil from Austin Powers when he hints in quotes) journalist Linette Lopez about alleged shocking (!!!) flaws at Tesla.

I can't say anything about the content, I don't read pieces like that.

Nonetheless, I look forward to Elon having more time for tesla in the hopefully not too distant future.

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 15.00.13.png

A purely painful dark situation? A bit melodramatic, perhaps.
My observation on the previous two market bubbles I've seen pop in my investment lifetime, is the best companies hold up the longest but eventually plunge just like the rest of them. So, I'm going with "melodramatic".

Last edited:
I see today as a very important day. There are 2 camps here

Elon is still selling
In which case we are still screwed and this 5% gain will end up being flat or only up a couple of % points versus a big green day for the rest of the market. I don't believe we will end red if the Nasdaq can pump 4%.

Elon is done selling
In which case I see a 10% + Day for TSLA as the selling pressue from Elon is not there anymore and anyone who had puts or shorts cover their losses. It'll be a glorious day.

So i guess we'll see what happens soon.

As TSLA Bulls

1. Elon is gr8, and made mistake
2. Elon is gr8, never makes mistake

;)

My observation on the the previous two market bubbles I've seen pop in my investment lifetime is the best companies hold up the longest but eventually plunge just like the rest of them. So, I'm going with "melodramatic".

Yep, when this happens we have capitulation, which we've pretty much just seen with FAANG and TSLA all falling to new lows. It hurts short term, but it's also a good sign going forward for a possible recovery.

Okay folks, peak fud is near. Our Swiss free newspaper and known for poorly researched and superficial stories has a story on Elon Musk with "Investigative" (Please imagine Dr. Evil from Austin when he hints in quotes) journalist Linette Lopez about alleged shocking (!!!) flaws at Tesla.

I can't say anything about the content, I don't read pieces like that.

Nonetheless, I look forward to Elon having more time for tesla in the hopefully not too distant future.

There's nothing I like better than "Tesla Flaws" that can be taken to the bank.

Tesla can run just fine on its own. It has gotten through the initial stages of life splendidly, stumbled and recovered, and has since learned to run and play and be productive without a parent hovering over it at all times.

Run Tesla, Run! Elon has your back, should you need him.

Give us some context. What was the FED doing during that period? Cutting rates or staying put? Was the economy growing or in recession? What was the unemployment rate and job market doing?
There's a LOT of history around that, someone else here might be able to put it into a succinct post

But research points would be The Great Inflation and Paul Volcker -- these are the events that shaped current monetary policy and strategies

This is ridiculous. The "FUD" campaign is being propelled by Elon's words and actions, nothing more. No one is "falling" for anything, everyone is seeing what is actually happening, at least everyone with their eyes open. Sure the media will attempt to amplify it but Elon keeps giving them ammunition with no sign of stopping.
The media does not ‘attempt’ to amplify, they actually do amplify. Every single time and it’s so rarely in amplification in a positive way as to not be worth mentioning.

Regardless, of any ammunition you think Elon gives them, it is their moral and ethical responsibility to tell and report the truth. Not exaggerate, not imply, not suggest, not mismatch headlines to article content, not to vilify and certainly not to outright lie; all of which they do on a constant basis. The media is sensationalism at the cost of integrity. You can’t even trust a live weather report anymore.

Additionally, the Gary’s and Ive’s of the world lie, cheat and steal their way through their professions. A lowered PT based on absolutely zero reduction of company fundamentals and health is a lie and a manipulation. Ive’s is just pissed because he got left out of the WallStreet money making loop this time. His anger needs to be directed at fellow his colleagues, not TSLA, Tesla or Elon.

And you’re pissed because Elon didn’t tell you what he planned to do so you weren’t able to cash out when you were your richest on paper. I’d tell you where your anger should be pointed but you’re not listening and don’t care to do anything but point fingers at and blame Elon.

Carry on. I love a good unmasking.

But @2daMoon said it was impossible for anyone to know EM was selling until the Form 4 was filed.

Let me get this right, a comment made on November 9 (post Form 4 filings) about a chart from six days prior is offered as proof of prescience?

Please elaborate on how the scientific method was applied in order to support this theory.

Everyone* knows that hindsight is always 20/20 (*for the benefit of @JRP3)

True, I'm assuming functioning eyeballs and optic nerves. Also having your eyes open. I understand if that doesn't apply to you.

You have a habit of stating your opinions as facts. It's important to understand they are usually not one and the same.

For example, you claim Elon is directly responsible for propelling the FUD right now. He's contributing for certain, but the FUD has been going strong for a decade now irrespective of whatever Elon is saying or doing, so NO he is not solely responsible for ALL of the FUD.

The fact you seem unable to comprehend the gradients of the situation may be a sign that YOU have your eyes closed as well? Food for thought. 🤔

So Elon started dumping again. We're seeing a stock trajectory that is completely disconnected from macros. I'm assuming he would have tweeted if he was done.

At least Elon will get a better price for his shares thanks to the CPI number.

I'm afraid he will push us in the red again, together with the frontrunners who are recognizing the selling pattern.

The media does not ‘attempt’ to amplify, they actually do amplify. Every single time and it’s so rarely in amplification in a positive way as to not be worth mentioning.

Regardless, of any ammunition you think Elon gives them, it is their moral and ethical responsibility to tell and report the truth. Not exaggerate, not imply, not suggest, not mismatch headlines to article content, not to vilify and certainly not to outright lie; all of which they do on a constant basis. The media is sensationalism at the cost of integrity. You can’t even trust a live weather report anymore.

Additionally, the Gary’s and Ive’s of the world lie, cheat and steal their way through their professions. A lowered PT based on absolutely zero reduction of company fundamentals and health is a lie and a manipulation. Ive’s is just pissed because he got left out of the WallStreet money making loop this time. His anger needs to be directed at fellow his colleagues, not TSLA, Tesla or Elon.

And you’re pissed because Elon didn’t tell you what he planned to do so you weren’t able to cash out when you were your richest on paper. I’d tell you where your anger should be pointed but you’re not listening and don’t care to do anything but point fingers at and blame Elon.

Carry on. I love a good unmasking.
Indeed, as do I. You actually think I and others here are paying attention to anything in the media as opposed to Elon's actions. Carry on with that delusion.