Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
U.S. Economic Calendar - MarketWatch | (today's excerpt)

Core CPI came it at 0.2% below the forecast value, and at half the previous month:
(Market loving it)

Note that all of these short-term market gyrations have very little inherent meaning. All of these economics statistics have wide error bars that dwarf any 0.2% month-to-month difference and they are routinely revised substantially up to several years after the fact.

Fine if Elon wants to sell at 24 month lows - at some point the market will decide it's better to buy them cheap from him than go short at a temporary low.
The problem with selling at 24 months low and being relentless is that this induce margin calls which really screw a lot of the little guys. Him selling at the high is not only advantageous for Elon but it also doesn't cause some people to buy a rope, cause a divorce, become homeless, etc etc.

Not saying Elon has caused people to be reckless with their money, but I think being mindful goes a long way.

Fine if Elon wants to sell at 24 month lows - at some point the market will decide it's better to buy them cheap from him than go short at a temporary low.

Bingo. If you can DEPEND on shortzes and hedgies to
  1. jump in with both feet (5:1 leverage) selling on the downslope, and
  2. the CAP the SP preventing a rise despite strong volume,
then you can sell a few 20M shares on the cheap, then buy back 100M near that cheap SP.

What would buying 100M shares have done to the equilibrium SP otherwise? Best example we have is the S&P 500 addition in Fall 2020. That was a 90% bump in SP.

This Kabuki Theatre gone nutz. ;)

Cheers!

The problem with selling at 24 months low and being relentless is that this induce margin calls which really screw a lot of the little guys. Him selling at the high is not only advantageous for Elon but it also doesn't cause some people to buy a rope, cause a divorce, become homeless, etc etc.

Not saying Elon has caused people to be reckless with their money, but I think being mindful goes a long way.
The last time it was fully (no pending externalities) under his control, Elon sold at basically the ATH. Doubt he really wants to be selling now for less that 50%. Especially when his Tesla stock holdings are only worth double the Twitter acquisition price.

Plus, he did say something about volatility...

Reactions: Snerruc and UncaNed
What people dont get about worry about potential brand destruction is it isnt a short term risk, it is a long term risk. 1st it is a risk that may not materialize. 2nd it may be just cut sales say a small percentage each year, but overtime it could compound. Does it make it harder for Tesla to go from 1.4 million sales in 2022 to 2.1 million in 2023? Likely no. What about 2.1 million to 3.2 million in 2024? Maybe a little harder. What about 3.2 million in 2024 to 4.8 million in 2025? Maybe even harder.

To me all Elon is doing currently is a sign of confidence.
He knows how FSD is evolving, he knows how StarLink is progressing, he knows how 4680 is ramping, he knows how the Tesla product lineup is looking, he knows his market share in space launch contracts, he knows the potential of Twitter long term, he knows the ramp up of Mega Packs in Lathrop, he knows....

And so on and on and on.

So where does all the short term worry come from?

The mere fact that Elon can and will turn Twitter into a powerhouse is more than anything a sign of confidence. Despite all the short term hassle.

Is that simple enough?
It was a yes or no question and all your obfuscation failed to hide the fact that your answer was "no", and that you agree with me that Elon's actions have negatively impacted the share price this year. Hence why I say "everyone can see". You may think in the long term it will be beneficial but that's a different topic.

Uncle Leo is buying
1C385E03-9689-46D9-BB87-19F2C558D0EA.jpeg

Still a lot of very solid blocks of selling coming through folowed by pauses where the stock is able to rally again.
Might very well be some folks that were looking for an exit point because of the drama. I also wonder if any of the large crypto holders might also have been in TSLA and just need liquidity.

Has this guy been verified? 🤣
No really, who is this person?
Yeah people checked him out. Legit, and a tesla degenerate like the rest of us.