Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a rumor on Twitter about 30 (manually built) Cybertruck deliveries in December.
Not sure if the Twitter account is reliable.

I was about to post exactly this tweet with nearly that exact disclaimer. Account has no track record and is only 6 months old. It is “Verified”, so they’ve spent $8 to broadcast it anyhow ;)

Seems sketch, but it is consistent with the comment about Musk getting his “beta” truck on the earnings call.

Reminds me of the ~30 or so Model Ys they rolled out at Cyber Rodeo. If true, likely the config tool comes online shortly.

Link to Share Buyback petition created by Alexandra Merz (@TeslaBoomerMama)

Screenshot of Buyback petition concept:

1668771619356.png

Last edited:
Rob does an excellent job explaining the impact of the VW decision to postpone or rather effectively cancel the Trinity project.

About four minutes in.
The collapse of the trinity business plan as Rob so clearly explains is a confession of sorts or even a surrender to a fate as a 2nd tier auto company. Is a larger break up in the future a possibility?

Link to Share Buyback petition created by Alexandra Merz (@TeslaBoomerMama)

Screenshot of Buyback petition concept:

View attachment 875790
This makes no sense really. It’s obviously desperation from people that played the short term and now are hurting.

They should all sell their shares and tank the stock, that will be more effective to force the board to start the buyback. Start the “Shareholders boycott TSLA campaign”!!! Ridiculous 🙄

The game is rigged, the “house” always wins if you play their games. They want your shares and they will get it. Only then they will be satisfied and ride the stock to new ATHs. So, sell now and satisfy them, hodlers are the actual reason we are so low! 🙄 /s

There is a rumor on Twitter about 30 (manually built) Cybertruck deliveries in December.

I highly doubt this is true. Why would Tesla take the time to build out 30 hand built CT's while they are actively building the CT production line? They have plenty of other stuff going on, especially with the low volume Semi line starting up right now.

I highly doubt this is true. Why would Tesla take the time to build out 30 hand built CT's while they are actively building the CT production line? They have plenty of other stuff going on, especially with the low volume Semi line starting up right now.
Also you can't just sell trucks to people without certification by federal agencies so they need to get that going asap if this were to happen.

This makes no sense really. It’s obviously desperation from people that played the short term and now are hurting.

They should all sell their shares and tank the stock, that will be more effective to force the board to start the buyback. Start the “Shareholders boycott TSLA campaign”!!! Ridiculous 🙄

The game is rigged, the “house” always wins if you play their games. They want your shares and they will get it. Only then they will be satisfied and ride the stock to new ATHs. So, sell now and satisfy them, hodlers are the actual reason we are so low! 🙄 /s
They will approve it eventually. But all of this makes it seem like Alexandra is trying to prevent a margin call or something.

It does not say they will be delivered.

This is probably just the final design validation build to fully test the production design. Usually production design but the tooling is not yet production. i.e. soft tools and/or lack of automated assembly.

Doubt it also.
However, hand assembling allows validation of casting and stamping processes while the body line is being comissioned. Also ensures the body line is being calibrated against known good parts.

Then there are the levels of manual build. Manual GA, manually controlled robots on body line? Hand build bodies can be used to setup the GA lines.

Also you can't just sell trucks to people without certification by federal agencies so they need to get that going asap if this were to happen.

FMVSS is all self certification (including crash). EPA emissions sign off is an external cert. Manual build with equivalent processes may allow this testing to start sooner.

You see this time is different. It's not zip2 or paypal. It's a rocket company that no sane person have ever tried. Elon doesn't even know how to make rockets, where will he find the talent?

We can do this forever trying to provide every reason why Elon will fail and whatever he is doing may be stupid, and why this time is different.

I find it hilarious that everyone is claiming this is Musk's greatest mistake because 80% of software programmers left..when Musk literally surrounds himself with software programmers. I mean rocket engineers are hard to find, but software programmers Musk have seen them all.

FYI, replying to this by correcting you complete misread of what I actually wrote in the actual appropriate thread for it.

I'd encourage others to take their own posts on this there as well.

It does not say they will be delivered.

This is probably just the final design validation build to fully test the production design. Usually production design but the tooling is not yet production. i.e. soft tools and/or lack of automated assembly.
You are absolutely correct, it does not say “they will be delivered.” It says “$TSLA will deliver…”