Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The CCP have been absolute MORONS in their dealing with COVID. Like . . . medical case study in what doesn't work.

A virus doesn't care about political will or national boundaries. And the CCP are so prideful about their own vaccines (which suck) that they have not allowed the mass inoculation of the population with the far superior western-designed and produced mRNA vaccines.

ZERO COVID is not a policy that is viable with an airborne pathogen such as this, and they are just causing undue economic and health harm to themselves, and by extension everyone that uses their production for goods.

View attachment 876766

Slightly OT but still relevant IMHO re China Zero Covid policy: it is NOT about health or medical issues, it is about 1/ face and 2/ internal power struggles within China. We can follow up in the relevant out of band OT.

1/ Xi having pushed for the zero policy previously cannot afford to go back, it would be admitting he made a mistake.

2/ In the midst of China's current troubles (bank runs etc) this is also a way to enforce order and prevent chaos. Passport vaccines (aka red/ orange/ green passes on every person's cellphone can easily immobilize people, financially and geographically.

PEG from finviz. I believe that Tesla growth numbers are understated in their PEG data. Not advice.
S&P 500 Map.png

I’m really surprised that the favorable CPI/PPI numbers didn’t set off a sustained rally. The initial jump in the NASDAQ is all being clawed back. TSLA is very unlikely to turnaround until the NASDAQ does.
Repeat after me.........When Wall St is positioned a certian way (to the upside or the downside), actual data be damned.

Wall St was clearly NOT positioned for a rally.

10B buyback in 2022? I think he pulled that one out of his backside.
Except he’s a narrative dispenser. So my take is WallStreet powers have decided that’s what they want Tesla to do and they’ll continue to pound the crap out of TSLA until Tesla gives in or Tesla does something to force WallStreet’s hand.

I have to admit that wide release of FSD in the form of what's currently running on my Tesla is worrisome....
With respect, why are you worried about something that will never happen?

The wide release will not be "FSD in the form of what's currently running" on your Tesla. It will be FSD version 11. Version 11 is a step-change advance over currently released versions. That's why it is named 11, not 10-something.

The news that Tesla is planning a wide release of this software means they are extremely confident that it has high safety, which means it is extremely advanced. Personally, I'm quite excited, not worried, by this news, because the market has been ignoring FSD progress to date. They are going to be surprised. The transportation Singularity is approaching.

If Tesla does wide release of FSD in Q4, how much deferred revenue would be recognized?

Q3 10-Q says $2.8B of total deferred revenue with $1.1B expected in the subsequent 12 months. I don’t know if that $1.1B was including the official management expectation of FSD wide release.

Deferred revenue is related to the access to our Full Self Driving (“FSD”) features, internet connectivity, Supercharger network and over-the-air software updates on automotive sales with and without resale value guarantee, which amounted to $2.80 billion and $2.38 billion as of September 30, 2022 and December 31, 2021, respectively.

Deferred revenue is equivalent to the total transaction price allocated to the performance obligations that are unsatisfied, or partially unsatisfied, as of the balance sheet date. Revenue recognized from the deferred revenue balance as of December 31, 2021 and 2020 was $169 million and $230 million for the nine months ended September 30, 2022 and 2021, respectively. Of the total deferred revenue on automotive sales with and without resale value guarantees as of September 30, 2022, we expect to recognize $1.09 billion of revenue in the next 12 months. The remaining balance will be recognized at the time of transfer of control of the product or over the performance period, which is generally the expected ownership life of the vehicle.

Yep, it’s all his fault. Everything. The milk in my fridge went sour overnight. Elon’s fault. Supposed to rain on The Mountain tomorrow and then get cold creating icy conditions. That’ll be Elon’s fault. My next cavity from not brushing my teeth and flossing. Elon’s fault. Oh, and that leaking valve stem in the right rear tire of my Model 3; DEFINITELY Elon’s fault.
If I owned stock in LCID, I'd be pissed at Elon. He caused their SP to drop 8%. Brutal.

Well, by half-time today, we dropped to within a dollar of the SP intraday high on Sep 1st, 2020: (here's the Technical Chart)

sc.TSLA.2-yr-3mth.Chart.2022-11-21.png

Clearly, this 'reading of the tee-hee's implies two things:
  1. Large, powerful hedge funds hold a grudge, and want the money back they lost on Tesla's first surprise stock split, and
  2. Chicken's no Genius (just a chart reader)
"This too shall pass" - George Armstrong Custer :p

Cheers to the Longs!

Well, by half-time today, we dropped to within a dollar of the SP intraday high on Sep 1st, 2020: (here's the Technical Chart)

View attachment 876796

Clearly, this 'reading of the tee-hee's implies two things:
  1. Large, powerful hedge funds hold a grudge, and want the money back they lost on Tesla's first surprise stock split, and
  2. Chicken's no Genius (just a chart reader)
"This too shall pass" - George Armstrong Custer :p

Cheers to the Longs!
1. No grudge, it’s only business as usual. 😁
2. Chicken’s billionaire “uncle” told him what the plan is, obviously. 🙄