Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or does $170 look so much better than $16X?
Unfortunately, I remember thinking the same thing about $200 versus $19X, $190 versus $18X, and $180 versus $17X (that was just Friday!). I hope we're not going to say the same thing about $150 versus $14X.

We're heading into month 3 of Q4 and wait times now less than a month for both 3 & Y and Troy Teslike predicts a gap of about 80K between Production in China vs. Deliveries. How is everyone dealing with this and the free fall of TSLA?

I'm a long investor but honestly this make me nervous. Not to mention Elon and his antics. I suspect if this continues and we miss on Q4 numbers to around 40% deliveries growth instead of the expected 50% growth, I could see TSLA dropping to low $100... Keep in mind, the SP was right around $900 before it split(just 3 months ago) and look how much its fallen?

FSD being released to wide audience is good but we still have no official date when FSD will reach level 4/5 or get government approval. I think Elon said next year but that could mean another year from now or more..... Who knows? Elon can control when FSD gets released but he can't control the government approval process and timing.

Also wish they would put CyberTruck on fast track and get it out asap.... Realistically I don't think its going to really ship til Q4/2023 and I think Cybertruck is probably the biggest catalyst for a bump in stock price but we probably won't know the effects of cyber truck on SP til mid 2024 at the earliest....

We're heading into month 3 of Q4 and wait times now less than a month for both 3 & Y and Troy Teslike predicts a gap of about 80K between Production in China vs. Deliveries. How is everyone dealing with this and the free fall of TSLA?

I'm a long investor but honestly this make me nervous. Not to mention Elon and his antics. I suspect if this continues and we miss on Q4 numbers to around 40% deliveries growth instead of the expected 50% growth, I could see TSLA dropping to low $100... Keep in mind, the SP was right around $900 before it split(just 3 months ago) and look how much its fallen?

FSD being released to wide audience is good but we still have no official date when FSD will reach level 4/5 or get government approval. I think Elon said next year but that could mean another year from now or more..... Who knows? Elon can control when FSD gets released but he can't control the government approval process and timing.

Also wish they would put CyberTruck on fast track and get it out asap.... Realistically I don't think its going to really ship til Q4/2023 and I think Cybertruck is probably the biggest catalyst for a bump in stock price but we probably won't know the effects of cyber truck on SP til mid 2024 at the earliest....
The same way us "Long investors" have dealt with all the other free falls of TSLA. Sit back, wait and profit when the noise subsides.

"I know what i have and i know what its worth and Im not selling until i feel that i get a fair price" :)

Watch that wash rule, if it is a taxable account.

Plus, if you have been in since 2012, that's a big cap gains hit to take.

Not advice, just food for thought.
That is, nonetheless, very good advice. Despite the huge drop in share price I still am in an arena for which capital gains would seriously outweigh alternative choices. One benefit of HODL is ignoring the lows because the highs will also come. Were the fundamentals of TSLA not so compelling I would have a different story.

All of us should calmly review the future prospects of TSLA. If anyone thinks the prospects are bleak, liquidate or short the stock, or both. If thinking the prospects are positive HODL. As nearly all of us know by now, leveraged 'investing' or otherwise 'investing' in derivatives does expose risks greater than are the potential profits. For those who choose to do that, please do not expect commiseration in this thread.

We have many people who are feeling a trifle desperate just now. They are now populating the entire thread with their complaints. This thread is meant to be about investing, not speculation. There are other threads for speculation; please use them.

Here, please keep on the subject. We are in serious risk of using all the goodwill, and have our stellar contributors such as @Gigapress, @The Accountant and others leave. That is pretty much what happened a few years ago, too.

I've been though this since 2012 in one guise or another. Many of us have done that.
For every one who's happy polluting the forum with nonsense just keep in mind that those who actually provide content are leaving now. Is that what you want? If so keep it up.

Scatology, idiotic quotations, photos of pulchritude, all that fits well with Tinder. Keep it gone here. All the irrelevant commentary about unrelated subjects should be placed on different sites, not this one.

Then last week has had nearly no useful content. Everyone serious has limits.
Even the original creator of this thread has limits.

I recommend any of the other public sites, content free as policy. You'll be happier there.

The rest of us want to discuss TSLA and maybe a bit of SpaceX.

Sponge-Bob-Titanic.jpg

FTFY. ;)

Cheers!

I've been chasing the price down now for a week now , last Wed 500 at $191, today 575 @ $171 and now I have an order in for 645 @ $151. I betting this fall is being driven by softening demand in China which will lead to a bunch of unsold inventory at the end of Q4.
In transit cars may increase as Tesla unwinds the wave but there will be no such thing as 'unsold' inventory in any real numbers from China. The USA could be different as some people may hold of purchasing in the last two weeks of December to get that $7500 tax credit, but every one of those cars will be sold by the first two weeks of January. In short.... there are no demand issues for Tesla. Q1 2023 will be insane

Oh sh**!

With the plunge continuing today, I decided to buy some more shares...

When I make a stock purchase, I try to stick to a practice of confirming the timing by looking at the broad market first. That killed my purchase plans. The S&P 500 is currently trading at the top of its one year trend channel. If this technical indicator is valid (and I stick with trends until they fail) the broad market will trend down for the next two months. I'm going to have to wait this out a little longer.

In transit cars may increase as Tesla unwinds the wave but there will be no such thing as 'unsold' inventory in any real numbers from China. The USA could be different as some people may hold of purchasing in the last two weeks of December to get that $7500 tax credit, but every one of those cars will be sold by the first two weeks of January. In short.... there are no demand issues for Tesla. Q1 2023 will be insane

It's funny/ironic that this came up.

My BIL had a Model Y LR on order. Tesla moved up his delivery date to this week, after he deferred once. He wanted to wait for the IRA credit come Jan 1, Tesla would not let him.

So, he cancelled (wife was SUPER PISSED at him) . . . and then went 2 days later and bought a CPO Model Y Performance that had just come off lease with 20k miles for a bit cheaper than he was going to pay for the MY LR, even with the IRA credit factored in. And he got FSD to boot!

So yeah, some people may cancel orders . . . but they REALLY want the car, and are finding ways to get them and "have their cake" too.

Oh sh**!

With the plunge continuing today, I decided to buy some more shares...

When I make a stock purchase, I try to stick to a practice of confirming the timing by looking at the broad market first. That killed my purchase plans. The S&P 500 is currently trading at the top of its one year trend channel. If this technical indicator is valid (and I stick with trends until they fail) the broad market will trend down for the next two months. I'm going to have to wait this out a little longer.
1669057108125.png

We are so near the 200 week moving average (#1 - $161.45) and that big cluster of previous action (#2 - $108-167), you might as well until we get into the $140-150's.