Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have two Model S Plaid on order in Germany.

Yesterday the invoice was ready. The cars are to arrive at my Service Center on 12.12. with pick up to be scheduled shortly thereafter.

I hope you can sympathize with how happy I am. I expect it to be a HUGE upgrade of my 2013 MS 85P.

How is this relates to TSLA? These will be some of the first deliveries in Europe - excellent for Q4 margin.

View attachment 877100
I also have a 2013 MS 85P, but now you have two plaids and I have none. I see a chance for you to make things more equal in the word! ;)

TSLA › quotes › CNBC
After Hours: Last | 6:00 AM EST
quote price arrow up
+2.88 (+1.72%)
Volume 665,184

QQQ:NASDAQ​

After Hours: Last | 5:59 AM EST
quote price arrow up
+0.51 (+0.18%)
Volume 116,869

if it really is easy to manipulate TSLA, it seems at this point there would be a lot more money to be made manipulating it up instead of down
So many puts were bought for December lately…
the logic thing for MMs to make the most money would be to sky rocket that stock for the rest of the month

Last edited:
I'm taking a wild guess of a runup between thanksgiving and semi delivery day.
If nothing else, delivering the semi will remind Elon about the fact that he runs Tesla!

Also... we are all laser focused on what the company is doing. I'd wager a bunch of less-obsessed investors either totally forgot about the semi (its been a while), or believed FUD about it never happening.

Also I am thinking there is a non zero chance of some minor announcement on the delivery day. Maybe about current semi production rates, or short-term delivery estimates. Its not like the vehicle is totally new, and I suspect Tesla are pretty confident about its performance now. Nothing more to tweak, just a production line to spool up. 100 semis this year.... 500 in Q1?

It seems to me that Hardware 4 will be more than sufficient to run the NN for Level 5 FSD and Robotaxi.

To be fair- many- including Tesla- were confident that would be true of HW2 originally... then HW2.5... then HW3 (Tesla literally told buyers this each time) and...not so much. So long as they keep making them retrofittable it's not a huge deal, but "THIS TIME WE MEAN IT" should be looked at with a dubious eye until proven.

But there's a whole forum to discuss FSD here and at least 1 mod recently reminded us this thread isn't the place for it:

I'm taking a wild guess of a runup between thanksgiving and semi delivery day.
If nothing else, delivering the semi will remind Elon about the fact that he runs Tesla!

Also... we are all laser focused on what the company is doing. I'd wager a bunch of less-obsessed investors either totally forgot about the semi (its been a while), or believed FUD about it never happening.

Also I am thinking there is a non zero chance of some minor announcement on the delivery day. Maybe about current semi production rates, or short-term delivery estimates. Its not like the vehicle is totally new, and I suspect Tesla are pretty confident about its performance now. Nothing more to tweak, just a production line to spool up. 100 semis this year.... 500 in Q1?
I'm fully expecting to see a new compact car driven out the back of a semi trailer as an "oh, and by the way..." on the day. Well, I can dream...

I'm fearful Powell will tank the market tomorrow and we'll see an even further drop.

I hope you are correct!
The FED has been pretty talkative for a bit now. I don't think the meeting minutes will give us any more bad news. In fact their public statements have been more hawkish than the meetings lately.
I'm fully expecting to see a new compact car driven out the back of a semi trailer as an "oh, and by the way..." on the day. Well, I can dream...
And watch Telsa sell 50% fewer model 3s the rest of this quarter? No way man!

When Tesla runs out of other countries to increase export quantities to. In other words, when Tesla is the number one car company by unit sales in most every major country around the world. My guess is not until the second half of this decade at the earliest
Does anyone have a list of countries where Tesla imports to and what vehicles they send? That would be helpful in divining any possible demand gluts down the road. Have an extra 50k model 3s this quarter? Send them to X.

This is weak sauce. You should dream about a teslabot carrying the compact car in one hand as he walks out the semi

C'mon, be serious. :rolleyes: ;)

The Bot will walk halfway to the Semi, turn and whistle, patting it's leg. Then, the Compact will scurry out like a puppy and follow the Bot to the Semi and then playfully run around it, blinking it's lights and beeping the horn.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of countries where Tesla imports to and what vehicles they send? That would be helpful in divining any possible demand gluts down the road. Have an extra 50k model 3s this quarter? Send them to X.

Here is a list of countries from the website. Best I know they offer the 3/Y everywhere. S/X is not as clear.

I know they are setting up Thailand as a new market. We were there in January and I was surprised by the number of (gray) independently imported cars. They are quite expensive 2-3 times what they cost in most markets. I think they come mainly from Hong Kong.