Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think the market will care about the Tesla Semi until it's sales are contributing noticeably to the bottom line. Until then it's likely just a talking point to Wall Street.

For us long term investors it's very exciting though, as we all know how bullish the Semi will be long term.

I think the Tesla Semi is important to the investor mindset.

So many people have said it violates the laws of physics and/or will never happen, including Bill Gates as recently as 2020, that many investors have serious doubts that Elon knows what he's doing. To people that don't know any better, people who can't do simple math on the energy required for a semi and the energy density of batteries, or don't want to bother, this makes them think Elon might be a fool, a dreamer, or worse, a shyster. They think it's release was delayed because it's just a pipe dream, a mirage created to snare gullible investors.

Delivering even one semi that can demonstrate it really is real, and doesn't need a route that is all downhill, will make them question all their other doubts about Elon and Tesla. It will be one more "lie" that has been proven wrong. How many more Elon fantasies or "lies" are actually the truth? Cybertruck? FSD? 20 million cars by 2030? A path to being worth more than Aramco and Apple combined?

Every new milestone, every promise fulfilled, helps Tesla gain respect and a few more closet TSLAQ to see Tesla in a different light. I'm not saying the Semi event alone will cause an instant rally, but the market does "care" about credibility and respect, both of which are earned, not assumed. Following through on your announcements is how respect and credibility is earned. We knew this day would come, but not everyone did.

• Funny
Reactions: oldTAVguy
194.70! I'll sleep better tonight...

Well, it's not going to change how well I sleep but it was a stronger move than many can see.
To put it in terms of shares before the 2020 split: Today's move was +$208.05 per share ($13.87 x 15) which is more than I paid for most of my shares in 2019!

That is the power of compounding growth over time. Buy and hold!

Last edited:
20221130_220836.jpg

I very much hope you quote me in 2 years and laugh at how wrong I was. I will laugh right along with you. :)

I do like the FSD progress I've seen, but it hasn't felt exponential yet. Definitely aware that what I see as a user of the system is very superficial though so maybe it has been exponential below the surface.
The question is when Tesla will take ownership of the DDT and assume that risk, that's what defines Level 3+. The system can be totally capable, but it won't be out operating autonomously until ownership of the DDT (and liability) is transferred away from a human in the driver's seat.

And then we can think about all the nuance around operating as a Robotaxi, like the vehicles charging themselves, rates, how they're booked, etc etc

I think two years is a fantasy, but that comes from a place of pessimism

Reactions: Nocturnal
Obviously we can agree that is smart. Market telling us otherwise

This might sound counter-intuitive at first glance but hear me out. If you want to make money in the market, don't listen to what the market is telling you.

People who listen to what the market is telling them, buy high and sell low.

We get a weak PCE tomorrow and we might really see some fireworks. Especially for one still oversold ticker symbol.
Tomorrow and/or Friday are going to be one hell of a fight. Huge call wall at 200 that I'm sure going to be defended down to the tooth n nail. Maybe there will be something of substance at the Semi event that triggers strong buying volume. If MM's get the feeling that 200 can't be defended, then look out, major rally time.