Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting that Rob Maurer really downplayed Tesla response last night. Sounded to me that he really doesnt believe what Tesla China said.
Yes, Rob doesn't believe what Tesla China said because Tesla China flat out lied re: the price cuts in China just a week or three before they made them . . . .

Please feel free to tell the full story rather than speculate.

Interesting that Rob Maurer really downplayed Tesla response last night. Sounded to me that he really doesnt believe what Tesla China said.
We should be ready for a production curb but it's not demand related. They most likely need to do some maintenance on some of the lines. There are numerous down times throughout the year, so it's not really news news. The problem is the narrative spun by these reporters is the demand concern which is false. Backlogs are high in many countries outside of China and China cannot keep up with production. It never make sense when there's virtually zero inventory to reduce production due to demand. I wish Rob can explain it through this lens vs demand concern which is all tslaQ BS.

when fans like Rob are turning to skepticism there are issues for board/management. It is not a 1 off, it is selling dad when it does not exist, semi - promised in 2 years delivered in 5. It hurts what is otherwise a great brand. They need a PR dept.
Well it's not the first time Rob was frustrated by Tesla. His biggest was when management said there would be a small decline in S/X deliveries in their guide for Q1 2019 but the number came out to be like 40% lower. Rob totally tore Tesla a new one on that episode.

For context, this rounds up to what was "expected":

Don't think we can draw too much conclusions from this, neither should we. Short term data is so much noise, rather look at yearly numbers and add our own understanding of the technology, the people, the competition etc.
The "expected" in this case means it's going/trending per Troy's line of thinking ... less demand/deliveries in Dec. Just 1st week, so let's wait for one more week of data.
Further mentioned/discussed is how US is getting impacted by IRA.
(+ draw your own conclusions, esp if playing shorter term ...)

We need some good Macro .. PPI/CPI for a boost

Last edited:
Maybe Troy is indeed a Tesla bear. Why do people pay him to see some numbers that change all the time?

View attachment 882019
I'd like to thank Wired for this critical investigation that has improved the world for humanity in so many ways.
So dumb.
Vacancies have increased due to new positions being created... you know... growth... like adding a third shift...
Not because people are leaving...
That article was written for that "clever" headline, not the other way around.

I swear that nothing matters anymore. News comes out that Costco lost their wireless partner (no more cell phone sales) and the stock is pretty much flat. Tesla sells their first new product line (Semi) in years and we're down 6% the following day but maybe it was a sell the news kind of day 🤷‍♂️

Day after day, week after week its record breaking numbers and gaining total vehicle market share, YoY growth to the moon and free cash flow increasing, what more does Mr. Market want? It feels like there is nothing TSLA is going to do until we get out of this bear market and then it's going to pop 300% over 12 months. I hate the modern stock market.