Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand why people might feel this way, given Elon's behavior and antics coupled with the stock's downward spiral.

And yet, Tesla is still growing around 50% per year, we have another record quarter in a few weeks, sales are growing nicely, production is ramping, energy storage production is ramping nicely, Semis are now being sold, Cybertruck is about to start production, we have a new factory breaking ground likely next month, FSD is improving monthly, Optimus is in development.

In every way the fundamentals of Tesla seem to be fantastic and improving. the company is stronger than ever, and the future of Tesla looks incredibly positive, despite how dour TSLA looks.

Is the crusade to get Elon kicked out warranted, or is it more of an emotional response to the decline of TSLA? 🤔
Partly emotional on my part.

Partly..it’s just gotta be done. I don’t want an unhinged, Qanon, highly political freak show as CEO of a company I’m invested in.

The board? They allowed the above to happen without lifting a finger. They just gotta go.

And I don’t care how good Tesla is doing now, the brand is getting poisoned because of the CEO. Under the current management TSLA and TESLA is going to be seriously damaged over the next 3 years.

Jmho.

I'm guessing most of today was due to the IRA delay. My reading is that Tesla won't be eligible for any credits until March, but those companies currently eligible will continue to be eligible regardless of their foreign made batteries. Those buyers will be subject to income and price limits though.

That's really bad news for Rivian and Lucid, bad for Tesla and GM, and good news for the rest.

That means some electric vehicles that are not expected to comply with the new standards will continue to be eligible for the credits until the proposed guidance issued. Other non-battery elements of the IRA will still take effect Jan. 1, including new income caps for eligible buyers and restrictions on vehicle pricing.

For a $3,750 critical minerals credit, the law states that 40% must be extracted or processed in the U.S. or in a country where the U.S. has a free-trade agreement, or from materials that were recycled in North America.

Credit for the other $3,750 requires that at least 50% of battery components were manufactured or assembled in North America. The percentage requirements for both rise annually to reduce reliance on foreign countries.

If allowed to delay until March, the active criteria would be the current size based $7,500 max credit.

Manufacturer uncapping happens Jan 1 regardless, so Tesla would be back in the game.
This (hypothetical) senario is more of an Osborne, but I'd be warry of expecting it.

I'm guessing most of today was due to the IRA delay. My reading is that Tesla won't be eligible for any credits until March, but those companies currently eligible will continue to be eligible regardless of their foreign made batteries. Those buyers will be subject to income and price limits though.

That's really bad news for Rivian and Lucid, bad for Tesla and GM, and good news for the rest.

That means some electric vehicles that are not expected to comply with the new standards will continue to be eligible for the credits until the proposed guidance issued. Other non-battery elements of the IRA will still take effect Jan. 1, including new income caps for eligible buyers and restrictions on vehicle pricing.

For a $3,750 critical minerals credit, the law states that 40% must be extracted or processed in the U.S. or in a country where the U.S. has a free-trade agreement, or from materials that were recycled in North America.

Credit for the other $3,750 requires that at least 50% of battery components were manufactured or assembled in North America. The percentage requirements for both rise annually to reduce reliance on foreign countries.
You’re interpretation is wrong.

Edit @mongo jusy beat me to it

Partly emotional on my part.

Partly..it’s just gotta be done. I don’t want an unhinged, Qanon, highly political freak show as CEO of a company I’m invested in.

The board? They allowed the above to happen without lifting a finger. They just gotta go.

And I don’t care how good Tesla is doing now, the brand is getting poisoned because of the CEO. Under the current management TSLA and TESLA is going to be seriously damaged over the next 3 years.

Jmho.

Sadly, unless Elon changes course, I agree that damage will be done.

You’re interpretation is wrong.

Edit @mongo jusy beat me to it
Best news I've heard all day!
If allowed to delay until March, the active criteria would be the current size based $7,500 max credit.

Manufacturer uncapping happens Jan 1 regardless, so Tesla would be back in the game.
This (hypothetical) senario is more of an Osborne, but I'd be warry of expecting it.

Sorry if I’m repeating, but i might have missed this amongst all the noise over the last number of pages.

Take a look at this thread. Pretty eye opening numbers. To be honest, I haven’t paid enough attention to the mega pack business and the Lathrop factory. I’m going to start paying much closer attention going forward.
Came here to post this but you beat me to it. I’ve pasted this as images so people who don’t chase Twitter can read it. This is probably the perhaps the most interesting/ relevant piece of Tesla news we’ve seen in a little bit.

Looks like Lathrop is crushing it right now and Tesla energy is going to explode into relevance.

Attachments

• 1671553708503.png
    1671553708503.png
    904.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 1671553792745.png
    1671553792745.png
    458.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 1671553918895.png
    1671553918895.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
Successful investing has lot of parallels with religion
You must totally believe and you must have blind faith to go through extreme adversity

Those who lose faith do not have a chance.

Nobody’s perfect. You will always be wrong, but keep on working relentlessly toward your goal no matter what.
Lot of us became multimillionaires, holding Tesla, and next logical step would be to become billionaires or multibillionaires, but only for those who do not lose faith.

No guarantees and no investing advise.

Another day....another 5% down, thank goodness for the TMC support group :)

I am just pissed that Chicken Little was right about the $140 PT.
We shouldn't be pissed at Chicken Little. I also appreciate the support from the TMC community. Unfortunately, I'm starting to question if our mutual support has been actually helpful this year or self-deceptive, where we're "enabling" each other to just lose money hand over fist. It's been already shown that we retail investors own a tiny pittance of all TSLA shares. The big institutions have been selling hard this year (largely due to the fake news climate and macro conditions) and we are perhaps the biggest bagholders this year. This has been brutal for me and of course I wish I sold at ~$400 or even $300. I'm not sure now that the best attitude is to "going down sinking with the ship." This unrelenting drop is shaking my confidence in my TSLA position. I wished I sold earlier this year and jumped back in now to over double my number of shares.

I remember what Elon said during previous bear raids on TSLA: ignore them and focus on performing/executing. I really, really hope Tesla has been focused on performing and executing beyond expectations. If Tesla has not meet expectations at the next earnings TSLA will only drop further down and harder.

Successful investing has lot of parallels with religion
You must totally believe and you must have blind faith to go through extreme adversity

Those who lose faith do not have a chance.

Nobody’s perfect. You will always be wrong, but keep on working relentlessly toward your goal no matter what.
Lot of us became multimillionaires, holding Tesla, and next logical step would be to become billionaires or multibillionaires, but only for those who do not lose faith.

No guarantees and no investing advise.
I have not and will not sell a single share, my net worth went up exponentially but i never really viewed that as a guarantee and was prepared for a 50% drop as i knew i had nothing but time on my side. Tesla is no doubt well positioned to dominate and is clearly decades ahead of everyone else. All this noise will pass and we all know where its headed.

Wow, about to be passed by Johnson & Johnson. Hard enough being passed by Berkshire and UnitedHealth this month.

Having said that, I'm still a strong believer we'll pass Amazon soon (within 12 months), and Apple eventually. HODL.

View attachment 886816
Well, that's done it - passed by Johnson & Johnson.

Can't get much worse can it? Oh wait, next coming up the outside is... Exxon Mobil. ARGGGG!!

I'm a glass-half-full person. All I can say is, our 2023 YTD numbers will be awesome! 🤞;)

1671554228771.png

I've been buying since Sept 2020 (wish I'd started sooner!). All the way up and now all the way back down. Stock price is pretty much at where I started over two years ago. What was the point? All the hours of research etc. I could have just bought it all now. Well...

The point... although I'm now underwater by a considerable amount, the last two years has built my conviction that Tesla is an unstoppable force. TSLA will catch up.

As we all know, TSLA is worth more than it is now with just the auto segment. Energy is ramping up and will soon be adding a considerable amount to the EPS. Autonomy/FSD/DOJO/Optimus. Wow, it's going to be exciting.

My only problem now is that I CANNOT convince my wife that we should buy more!

We shouldn't be pissed at Chicken Little. I also appreciate the support from the TMC community. Unfortunately, I'm starting to question if our mutual support has been actually helpful this year or self-deceptive, where we're "enabling" each other to just lose money hand over fist. It's been already shown that we retail investors own a tiny pittance of all TSLA shares. The big institutions have been selling hard this year (largely due to the fake news climate and macro conditions) and we are perhaps the biggest bagholders this year. This has been brutal for me and of course I wish I sold at ~$400 or even $300. I'm not sure now that the best attitude is to "going down sinking with the ship." This unrelenting drop is shaking my confidence in my TSLA position. I wished I sold earlier this year and jumped back in now to over double my number of shares.

I remember what Elon said during previous bear raids on TSLA: ignore them and focus on performing/executing. I really, really hope Tesla has been focused on performing and executing beyond expectations. If Tesla has not meet expectations at the next earnings TSLA will only drop further down and harder.
we're "enabling" each other to just lose money hand over fist - Let's get one thing straight here, we are all grown individuals who can 'think' for ourselves. No one is 'enabling' anyone to do anything they do not want to. Who doesn't wish they sold at $400, $300, $250? Go for a drive, do something you like an and enjoy life. Life's too short to worry about $$ unless you're overleveraged and invested what you could not afford to lose.