Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the opposite of irrational exuberance?
ChatGPT. It's Rational Caution:

"The opposite of irrational exuberance is rational caution or skepticism. Irrational exuberance refers to an excessive and unjustified optimism or enthusiasm about something, often driven by emotions rather than by reason or evidence. Rational caution or skepticism, on the other hand, is characterized by a measured and reasoned approach to evaluating and interpreting information, rather than being swayed by emotional or overly optimistic thinking. This approach involves considering all available evidence and considering the potential risks and uncertainties before making a decision or taking action."

ChatGPT. It's Rational Caution:

"The opposite of irrational exuberance is rational caution or skepticism. Irrational exuberance refers to an excessive and unjustified optimism or enthusiasm about something, often driven by emotions rather than by reason or evidence. Rational caution or skepticism, on the other hand, is characterized by a measured and reasoned approach to evaluating and interpreting information, rather than being swayed by emotional or overly optimistic thinking. This approach involves considering all available evidence and considering the potential risks and uncertainties before making a decision or taking action."
That thing is going to launch nukes one day when it becomes self aware. 👀

This price is clearly insane. Market must be in total fear mode. Unless people think a meteor is about to hit, why on earth would they sell at this price? Surely this is short sellers and market makers trying to force a lot of retail investors on margin out of the game altogether?
Absolutely incredible. Will have a good think over the Christmas break, but very tempted to sell 50% of every other stock I own, regardless of price, to buy more TSLA.
At these prices its just insane.
This cannot be rational investors selling

I've heard this before. Is this 'actual' competition or the equivalent of the Taycan?
Well Tesla energy had been losing market share in the utility side at a very fast rate. So it is not so much that it is coming as Tesla needs to get it back. 2023 will be interesting. @Gigapress is right in that the market needs dwarf the current small plant. Tesla could not meet orders so others did.

This price is clearly insane. Market must be in total fear mode. Unless people think a meteor is about to hit, why on earth would they sell at this price? Surely this is short sellers and market makers trying to force a lot of retail investors on margin out of the game altogether?
Absolutely incredible. Will have a good think over the Christmas break, but very tempted to sell 50% of every other stock I own, regardless of price, to buy more TSLA.
At these prices its just insane.
This cannot be rational investors selling

I have to think that tax loss harvesting is playing a big role. I'm starting to think that we'll rally on just about any Q4 print that is a record and shows reasonable growth QoQ.

I think Kyle just went the way of the "E for Electric" guy (Byton was his big sponsor). Kyle's big sponsor is Magna, Magna bought Veoneer 2 days ago, Kyle posts video of FSD this morning and the rabbit hole goes deeper still...

I posted more details in the FUD fighting thread.

At least Kyle keeps it fun and has occasional eye candy on the channel.

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Bought protective puts Feb17 120 against 2/3 my remaining TSLA shares and convertibles. Seems awfully late for this move and very expensive, but recent discounts on top of the other negatives is too much. If SP turns around after ER, I'm happy to lose the extremely expensive insurance. However, I'm concerned that any miss on P&D or ER will be viewed in the most negative way possible. Energy sounds very positive, but the market is not thinking long term at this point.

I hope I'm completely wrong on this and I'm sure everyone hopes the same.