Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shorts have a great opportunity to get out while TSLA is down -70% off all time high $414.47
when, and not if, inevitable snap back rally comes, likely to be very painful to shorts
Shorts won't get wrecked, unless a miracle rally catches them off guard. Right now this is the perfect time for them. Like I have written before... Ken Griffen is gonna buy another $40m mansion in 2023, you can bet on it.

Well Elon's selling at stocks' critical support zones certainly broke the dam on margin calls which is leading to capitulation. Oh well. Has zero to do with Teslas fundamentals. Stock does stock things.
Stonks amiright? As much as I love the high fives around here when the SP is in ludicrous mode, it hurts to see the pain being caused. We're in this together and - as I keep telling myself - it's darkest a millisecond before the dawn. Hang in there folks.

I'm just gonna say it here. If you're in danger of liquidation and margin calls, please consider hedging your account once we've got back to 160. Going by historical patterns, I see high probability of a deep retracement once we get there. If you're not in danger, enjoy the ride.
Yeah I definitely feel the same. RSI is so far beyond oversold that it would be natural for there to be a bounce next week or after P/D numbers...only for further selling pressure to be back on the stock. It's amazing the stock has gone this long without any sort of bounce.

Lost yet another notch....and no longer in the top 10
Companies ranked by Market Cap - 2.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: H Mak
Stonks amiright? As much as I love the high fives around here when the SP is in ludicrous mode, it hurts to see the pain being caused. We're in this together and - as I keep telling myself - it's darkest a millisecond before the dawn. Hang in there folks.
Sadly, the shorts will create casualties to some of us in TMC. Hoping we can all HODL through the upcoming recession.

Yeah I definitely feel the same. RSI is so far beyond oversold that it would be natural for there to be a bounce next week or after P/D numbers...only for further selling pressure to be back on the stock. It's amazing the stock has gone this long without any sort of bounce.
We're getting shorted daily and weekly into oblivion. It's a fight between the bulls and the bears. The bears have been fulling in control for months and continue to show no signs of relenting since there are currently no reasons/catalysts for TSLA price to increase (sadly). I wish the Tesla BOD or Elon would say something positive about Tesla's achievements regularly to keep morale up. Listening to that Twitter spaces the other night encouraged me.

Shorts won't get wrecked, unless a miracle rally catches them off guard. Right now this is the perfect time for them. Like I have written before... Ken Griffen is gonna buy another $40m mansion in 2023, you can bet on it.
Put call ratio of this market is at an all time high, like unprecedented high. The gamma squeeze is going to be glorious. Remember only a small fraction of the people makes money from the market, this includes on the way up and on the way down.

If we drop as low as $123.81 today it will trigger the 10% uptick rule. So expect to see todays bottom reached any moment now.

Otherwise Friday could be fireworks. :)

Edit: $123.91 reached a few moments ago and then we bounced. :rolleyes:
Btw, the 10% uptick rule (also known as SSR or Short Sale Rule) is effectively meaningless against TSLA since the primary way TSLA is getting shorted is synthetically by buying puts (forcing market makers to sell shares) and not by outright shorting of TSLA shares (which we would easily see).

I'm just gonna say it here. If you're in danger of liquidation and margin calls, please consider hedging your account once we've got back to 160. Going by historical patterns, I see high probability of a deep retracement once we get there. If you're not in danger, enjoy the ride.

what kind of hedge do you suggest? I bought some VIX calls for January. I am on margin with only shares now.

Reactions: UncaNed
Another split would be wonderful.
Another split would actually not help us. It would create more liquidity and make it easier for bears to short TSLA, e.g. fewer FTD's (fail to delivers) and allowing CNS (Continuous Net Settlement) to "wash" or clear shorted shares. Actually, what would really screw the shorts would be a reverse-split since that would force shorts to cover and hard.

That's like just yore opinion dude. And CT is form over function, the wedge shape is an arbitrarily decision. The shape of the 3/Y is a result of wind tunnel and CFD. :rolleyes:

CT is a first principles design that's all about form following function, more than any other production vehicle ever made. It matters for investing because this is the fundamental reason why no one can compete with the specs and functional utility of CT without ripping off the design concept with basically an exact copy.

Franz Von Holzhausen said as much in his recent interview with CNBS.

Interviewer: "Talk about the Cybertruck design. How did this design come to be?"

Franz Von Holzhausen: "The Cybertruck is one of those moments where, in a way, form followed function. A lot of times we put the form in front of the function, especially in the automotive world, and it's really tough to mix the two.

But Cybertruck is really born out the idea of a different way of manufacturing, a material that puts the toughness on the outside. So we really wanted to use stainless steel as a material so that the hardest part of the vehicle was on the outside, not the delicate paint. And it felt right for a truck that's used in like a Swiss army knife in any kind of environment has to be tough.

So stainless steel is really tough to form, especially when you make it bulletproof or thicker to withstand impacts and not be damaged. And so we really looked at new ways of manufacturing. You could only brake form and form it in one direction. You can't do compound curves or things with the thickness of the stainless steel that we're using. So it really led us to a design that was really planar, really simplistic, and it was also a chance to break the paradigm of what pickup trucks have been for the past 60 or 70 years. The same...there's kind of this three-box shape, and we just thought from an aerodynamic perspective, having a covered back with a sloping roof would also be helpful. And oddly enough, it may not look it, but the Cybertruck is an incredibly aerodynamic vehicle."

The other huge advantage of the wedge shape and structural skin, which Franz did not mention, is the superior strength-to-weight ratio of that geometry. The truck's triangular shape makes it essentially the structural equivalent of a simple four-post truss bridge. Triangles are strong. Putting the structural mass on the exterior of the vehicle also helps majorly with stiffness, especially torsional rigidity. Modern aircraft are designed with exoskeletons for this very same reason: it's lightweight and provides a sturdy skin for impact resistance.

This wedge exoskeloton design is physically required to achieve the crazy 3500-lbs payload rating the CT has without cheating on vehicle weight or sacrificing range or other important specs. 3500 lbs is about double the payload capacity of a comparable F-150 with a crew cab and 6.5-foot bed.

Connecting the Dots put together a fantastic presentation in this video going over the engineering of the structure that everyone should watch if they want to understand the physics of why the Cybertruck will dominate.

The aero benefit is huge too. Aerospace engineer Justin Martin did a CFD simulation after the reveal and found that it was in fact very slippery. Elon responded that the drag coefficient could get down to 0.30 with enough optimization. The main reason for this is that CT's side profile is basically in the shape of an aerofoil like an airplane's wing if it had to be planar. This makes up for the disadvantages of the sharp edges and the net result is the CT might be the most aerodynamic pickup ever, with only the Rivian R1T coming close.

1671733268044.png

Posted this chart with others on Tuesday:

1671734962906.png

And here we are:

1671734798464.png

I feel we have arrived at the 'bottom of the chimney' on the Santa Rally - a rally that took TSLA and many other stocks to the very bottom of their last technical support over the last year+. I certainly won't say "nobody saw this coming".......because there has been a hell of a lot of money made on the way down - just like there was on the 'Covid Dip' and the 2008/2009 crash, and there will even be more money made on the way back up by those that were in the know and that transitioned into the stocks that will be allowed to win going forward. I have HODL, and I am confident we are all in with one of the stocks that will once again come out on top.

Wishing everyone here a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. And safe travel over the next few days too!!!