Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening in Denmark and I just wanna be up to date regarding this thread

314EA0BC-E344-4DB8-9E72-30CB5DCBF807.png

My current trading strategy is now to apply for jobs. I can't know how long this nonsense will last, I've had a year off from employment, and I have passed my level of safety margin on liquid wealth outside tax-advantaged retirement accounts. I would much rather be aggressively buying than selling right now. I will pause posting or reading here probably for at least a week.
Lol, I've been working this whole time making a pedal (when not sleeping or on TMC). I have the machines, components, and materials to make quite a few, only I was thinking I'd soon hire someone to actual make them. Welp... I'm it until I can get costs down. Fun problem to have, tax free for quite a while, factory at home, Social Security while that lasts. 🤷‍♂️
64159FC9-C301-4699-ADDA-ADD0CB51E12D.jpeg

56B62399-1D90-4C82-BA94-DF6D5172404E.jpeg

Can still run it off grid!

Shorts have a great opportunity to get out while TSLA is down -70% off all time high $414.47
when, and not if, inevitable snap back rally comes, likely to be very painful to shorts
Stein’s Law “If something cannot go on forever, it will stop"

According to a WSJ article this morning, shorts are up $15 billion in 2022. What they didn’t say was how much of that gain was still in short positions.

Sounds like Andrew Left left and made out. I wonder if all of those short realize that they’ll have to cover the shares they sold short and there won’t be that many available at these low prices.

Shorts won't get wrecked, unless a miracle rally catches them off guard. Right now this is the perfect time for them. Like I have written before... Ken Griffen is gonna buy another $40m mansion in 2023, you can bet on it.
Really? According to the same WSJ article from this morning: "Tesla has been the most-purchased stock among U.S. retail, or nonprofessional, investors this year…"

Where, pray, do you think the shares the shorts need to cover will come from?

Me two. Bought more shares today in my Roth IRA at $125.
Me three. I bought 10 chairs at $124. Of course I recognize the SP may go lower still, but I want to someday show my grandchildren (if I’m lucky enough to have any) that at the end of 2022, with Tesla ramping on three continents, it was possible to buy TSLA below $125. That should be a good teachable moment.

Market is super confusing… I can see an argument that at $400 ($1200) TSLA was ahead of itself and didn’t price in JPow and the macro environment slowing, but at these levels it seems like the consumer is dead and Tesla won’t grow their deliveries at an impressive rate (still the best cars on the road IMO), plus no debt to worry about.

This has echoes of AAPL during the GFC dumping to $80 (at that time… something like $3, down from $7, when adjusted for all splits). However, AAPL had (hate to say it) more steady hands and a CEO that was only focused on one company.
AAPL wasn’t heavily shorted either. Though the iPhone was revolutionary and just beginning to make an impression.