Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Teslabot mass production? Just a potentially silly guess, I have no idea. Does the article say what the jobs are (paywalled for me).

Edit: honestly, I am waiting for the day when we see a fully automated factory of Teslabots making more Teslabots….
Leasing documents describe the building as a warehouse with more than 300 trailer parking spaces, a large truck court and docking capabilities intended to enhance efficiency in loading and unloading products.

Tesla is advertising a handful of job listings in the Brookshire area for warehouse and logistics positions, too. One position for an associate manager in production control advertised on social media platform LinkedIn describes needing someone to oversee cell materials production with experience in handling, logistics and supply-chain management in a manufacturing environment.

23 acres is only a square 1,000' on a side. That's a large warehouse, or a small factory (per above, possibly for battery materials)

Got a handy Google Street View at that address? I wonder what's there right now?

Cheers!
No street view that I can find. Here’s the satellite view of the address listed in the article.

EB83C602-DB64-46CC-826E-81DDF2EA802B.jpeg

Last edited:
Apparently almost all of the huge expansion Tesla was getting permitted for $700m was actually already underway and has been completed.

All this chatter about *new* permits and expansion at Austin is just echos of the existing work. Our man on the ground, Joe Tegtmeyer talks about these stories and highlights exactly what’s going on. He even highlights the 6 “New” projects on his video.

The media had it 180 out. These filings are mostly for projects which are very close to completion and go-live.

1673578009209.png

23 acres is only a square 1,000' on a side.
That can’t be right. Can it?

edited to add: apparently it is. From Chat GPT:

”23 acres is equal to approximately 968,752 square feet. To find the length of one side of a square that has 23 acres, you would take the square root of 968,752, which is approximately 984. Therefore, each side of a 23-acre square would be approximately 984 feet.”

Still strikes me as counterintuitive.

Last edited:
No street view that I can find. Here’s the satellite view of the address listed in the article.

View attachment 895060
There’s Streetview available from I-10. The building area is 1.03 million SF. Buffalo is 1.2M and Nevada is 1.9M. So it could be their smallest facility, but there’s definitely room for manufacturing.

08E1BC51-6270-41DD-B876-041A375039A4.jpeg

23 acres is only a square 1,000' on a side. That's a large warehouse, or a small factory (per above, possibly for battery materials)

Got a handy Google Street View at that address? I wonder what's there right now?

Cheers!
Lathrop is apparently 500,000 sq feet.

Seems like this could be the same size or larger?

If my source is right, Kato Rd is around the same size as Lathrop 506.409 sq feet.

They can always build something higher than Lathrop if building regulations allow that.

1 Million sq feet = Kato Rd + Lathrop,

Last edited: