Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember this am when ppl were so concerned about the slightly increased inventory? 😂
This is exactly what people commenting on the inventory trending up expected as a result of the inventory trending up lol

I personally never doubted Tesla would move all these vehicles, I doubted they would all move at those prices.

This is exactly what people commenting on the inventory trending up expected as a result of the inventory trending up lol

I personally never doubted Tesla would move all these vehicles, I doubted they would all move at those prices.
Yea same. I trust that they will do what they have/want to do whenever that is. But still this was a huge surprise and makes my little bits tingly!

TSLA Investor TMC Forum Meetups

The Seattle Investor Summit in November was awesome. Excellent discussions, fun and we learned that at least 11 of us are in fact actual humans.

Now I’m organizing some more events in other cities. Please DM me if you want to participate.

Locations and dates as follows. For those with multiple days listed, we can pick one based on availability.

Nashville Tue 1/17
Houston Thu 1/19 thru Mon 1/23
Austin Tue 1/24
Phoenix Fri 1/27 thru Mon 1/30
SoCal Wed 2/1 thru Sat 2/4
Bay Area Sun 2/5
Portland Tue 2/7 or Wed 2/8

We already have four members for the Phoenix meetup whom I’ve messaged directly, so that one is definitely on. Other cities TBD. We’ll pick venues and exact timing later once I know who’s attending.

Also, in two weeks, Seattle will be having an FSD testing caravan and postgame roundtable discussion. By “two weeks” I mean whenever we finally get V11.

Notes with takeaways from the meetups will be shared with the forum afterward. Hopefully we can improve the forum’s network with some extended face to face interaction and gain some insights from longer conversations. I think this also strengthens the forum overall and helps with what we’re trying to accomplish here in the long run as TSLA investors.

WOW, those price drops are massive! Looks to me like pretty much all of the 3's and Y's now qualify for the IRA? I expected some price drops this year but not this sudden! What a bold move by Tesla, but dang legacy auto must be crying tonight. How can any of them compete or match a flex like this? And how can the government pay out the HUGE amount of tax credits they are about to issue for new Tesla owners?

This will be great for Tesla selling cars, but let's be realistic, this is going to hurt margins for 2023 so this might be bad for TSLA (the stock price).

It will be interesting to see how Wall Street reacts to this in the morning, I'm really not sure which way TSLA will go on this news...

Right, my mistake.

I have no idea why they couldn't make one. It's all the same hardware barring the brakes and suspension. I assumed it was just a choice to limit the number of offerings.
Fwiw the rear luggage deck tray that the seats mount onto is different. It shouldn't be materially difficult I suspect.

That's freaking insane that they dropped the price of Model Y by 20%. That is a 13k hit to margins they just took. If auto margins were 30% on 65k wouldn't their profit now be $6.5k which is 12%? Rough calculations.
Production is constantly increasing though right, and is Tesla not in line for some good manufacturing credits from the IRA?

If the stock responds badly in the short term, that’s what I would call a buying opportunity for the long term.

I always assumed people would be smart enough to simply purchase FSD after buying the car if they wanted it in order to avoid going above 55 or 80K so they could get their 7.5K from the Feds, but the wording here tells me the software does not count.

Price Caps​

The vehicle price at time of delivery must not exceed the following caps. This price includes optional equipment physically attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery and excludes software features, accessories, taxes and fees.

WOW, those price drops are massive! Looks to me like pretty much all of the 3's and Y's now qualify for the IRA? I expected some price drops this year but not this sudden! What a bold move by Tesla, but dang legacy auto must be crying tonight. How can any of them compete or match a flex like this? And how can the government pay out the HUGE amount of tax credits they are about to issue for new Tesla owners?

This will be great for Tesla selling cars, but let's be realistic, this is going to hurt margins for 2023 so this might be bad for TSLA (the stock price).

It will be interesting to see how Wall Street reacts to this in the morning, I'm really not sure which way TSLA will go on this news...
All except the MYP at the moment, but that's still like 15K or something off the previous MYP price. Raise a beer to the eventual 7 seat MYP.

That sounds kind of preposterous to me, we've not heard nor seen any movement on a Roadster production line being built at all. CT line is being built now and it will take 6-8 months to get up and running, IF it goes smoothly. Roadster production line would need to start NOW to have any chance of any Q3 deliveries I'd imagine.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it, I just don't think it's realistic. Early to mid 2024 sounds more likely to me, if even that soon.
Roadster will have much lower production—easier to set up a line for that.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Production is constantly increasing though right, and is Tesla not in line for some good manufacturing credits from the IRA?

If the stock responds badly in the short term, that’s what I would call a buying opportunity for the long term.
From 19.5k profit to 6.5k profit. Tesla would need to produce and sell 3 times as many cars to make the same amount of profit. This is the Toyota argument but in reverse now.