Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what happens when you don't have a structural battery:

However, the most interesting thing about this story is the mainstream media's coverage of it as noted by DriveTeslaCanada:
Someday, after a few violent head-on collisions have happened between Tesla's and various other brands of cars, the press might still whitewash the massive life/death safety disparity between brands, but the neither the national safety institutes nor the insurance companies will be able to remain silent.

Most Teslas especially my S don’t fit all those tiny roads :)

It sometimes is necessary to dispute my own position. The photo is of me driving a Model X through an ancient arch in Bergamo Citta Alta. It can be done, although it would be generally insane to do it regularly. FWIW my hotel with Tesla Destination chargers was inside those walls in a mediaeval cavern turned car park.
1675360262424.jpeg

Exactly. They already have the demand. If they would just make more BEVs... they would sell. No need for Netflix

I would rather have GM focused on promotion than actually building the car.

Anyone who plays Call of Duty Warzone 2 or DMZ knows the EV Hummer is by far the best vehicle in the game.

And it even fuels up in the in-game gas stations (no joke).

This is a win win for everyone. Tesla does its best by making real BEV and GM does best by making virtual BEV.

I would rather have GM focused on promotion than actually building the car.

Anyone who plays Call of Duty Warzone 2 or DMZ knows the EV Hummer is by far the best vehicle in the game.
And it even fuels up in the in-game gas stations (no joke).

This is a win win for everyone. Tesla does its best by making real BEV and GM does best by making virtual BEV.

Speaking to Mary about GM...
iu

Someday, after a few violent head-on collisions have happened between Tesla's and various other brands of cars, the press might still whitewash the massive life/death safety disparity between brands, but the neither the national safety institutes nor the insurance companies will be able to remain silent.
We had a crash here in Germany, where the battery pack of the E-Tron was ejected in the same way-
guess the NHTSA has got to do some deep dive. Smells like the fastening mechanism is under dimensioned.

Thought I'd note that NAF (Norwegian AAA) has redone their biyearly range test for EVs. They do this twice a year one for winter and one for summer. They drive all the cars in a long line on a set route of normal highway driving until the car stops. At the longer ranges they start a fairly serious mountain climb so the first 250km is the easiest part of the route. They include every new car in the market in Norway the last year and some they might want to retest because they might have upgrades or some kind of "newness". I believe the article is not behind a paywall and you can find it here. The old range champion was Model 3 LR. Now it's Model S LR. Generally temperatures -5 to -10C but the Model S experienced down to -19C at the end.

The wierd heading: "500 km: forbruk-batteri-km igjen"is repeated for every 50km checkpoint and is consumption in kW /100km, battery percentage remaining and km range left as reported by the car.

So we are almost at the same place as the beginning of December. What we went down in December we went up in January (more or less)
Except this time I’m much better prepared for TSLA to run to $1T+ than I was the last time; thanks in large part to “not financial advice” I’ve encountered on this very message board.

Cheers to the longs indeed!