Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great tweet by @avoigt :
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 12.37.01.png

Background given by Alex:
  • Based on official VW Group and Tesla released data;
  • The chart includes the total and officially announced units sold by VW Group and Tesla;
  • Includes VW Group ICE units sold.

VW Group has a very difficult, if not impossible, task ahead to change quickly enough in order not to completely "go Kodak".

I'm a 'Glaswegian' by birth and upbringing, and now a Naturalized US citizen. Maybe we should all show the people of this Country how we feel about Tesla.View attachment 904712
Looking forward to the day they put a sticker on the back saying:

"Another Vehicle From America's Most Successful Automaker"

Elon and Tesla seem to view customers as humans, rather than dividing us into specific nationalities, so I'd assume it would sooner be "Earth's most successful Automaker" - you might have to make your own sticker.

I've had a "Made in the USA" sticker on the back of both our matching Model 3's for 4 years now. It's just big enough that people who pull up behind in stopped traffic can read it and see the colors. I think it's important because when most Americans see a Model 3 on the road, they tend to think it's a foreign car.

<...>

All three of our Model 3's look identical, all white, and all sporting Aero wheels. Now I just need one more "Made in the USA" sticker for the rear bumper!

100% concur with how much impact such badging could have on those observers of our cars who don't know much about the brand. Perhaps the ideal solution would be bold exterior badging by country / continent / planet for domestic vs export production? Something like:
* USA Production for USA delivery: "Made in the USA"
* China production for China delivery: "Made in China"
* Germany production for Germany delivery: "Made in Germany"
* Germany production for European delivery (outside Germany): "Made in Europe"
* All other export scenarios: "Made on Earth by Humans" (in homage to Starman)

It's not about the P/E it's about the market cap.

You guys are worried about Elon selling $4 billion worth of shares because there isn't enough people to soak up his share sales. Well if you think we can get to $2000 in 2025 then you better go find someone who can soak up $6 trillion worth of shares. Which country did you want to do that? Or do we have any trillionaires who are interested?
Elon's 2018 CEO Plan is 304 million shares, so 'only' $608 billion pretax @ $2k a share (excluding the exercise price of $23.33 per share).

Elon's 2018 CEO Plan is 304 million shares, so 'only' $608 billion pretax @ $2k a share (excluding the exercise price of $23.33 per share).
If Tesla is worth $2,000 a share in 2 years, I’m going to be too busy partying to worry about Musks compensation plan.

Hell I’m not selfish… $650/ share and it would be party central here.

Remember this one?​

U.S. probe finds no evidence of Tesla Autopilot use in 2021 Texas crash​

A U.S. safety board said Wednesday found no evidence a Tesla Model S was operating on Autopilot during an April 2021 fatal crash, saying the probable cause was the driver's speeding, alcohol impairment and failure to control the vehicle.

Shortly after the accident in Spring, Texas, local police said they believed the crash occurred with no one in the driver's seat, raising questions about Tesla's driver-assistance systems and prompting widespread media coverage.

View attachment 904896

Funny how much promotion and attention that story got when it came out (blaming AP). Yet how little the finding got. Actually, not really-just typical manipulation by the MSM.

Funny how much promotion and attention that story got when it came out (blaming AP). Yet how little the finding got. Actually, not really-just typical manipulation by the MSM.
Media on this occasion were merely reporting the words of a member of the local emergency responders. Perhaps Tesla should think about suing one of these idiots to discourage that sort of stupid speculation being dispensed as fact to media in future.

It's not about the P/E it's about the market cap.

You guys are worried about Elon selling $4 billion worth of shares because there isn't enough people to soak up his share sales. Well if you think we can get to $2000 in 2025 then you better go find someone who can soak up $6 trillion worth of shares. Which country did you want to do that? Or do we have any trillionaires who are interested?

10x from here in two years may be unlikely but in 2030, a market cap in the ballpark of AAPL + MSFT at that time would be more than adequate at 20M vehicles per year (plus energy and AI business). Sure, if Elon then sells his entire stake to fund his mansion on Mars, over a short period of time, at the market, that would make the Twitter dip look like a blip on the radar. But that's entirely separate from the fundamental valuation of the company.

205$ in pre market, futures are green. Would be fun to see how the rest of the week goes if the macros can stay positive!

It's fun to see how the sentiment has changed. Only a month ago there were talks of Tesla going to 50$, now people talk about 2000$. Personally I won't get carried away before we are at least back to ath, and that's still a long way to go;)

TSLA is at a 3-month high now, sure, but if you look at the longer chart of TSLA "on the way down from its high," it first fell to $208/$209 on May 24th 2022.

Buyers from back then are no longer underwater

(Assuming it doesn't drop from here)
On the opposite side, I bet many shooters starts to feel it by now. The next weeks could be interesting.

205$ in pre market, futures are green. Would be fun to see how the rest of the week goes if the macros can stay positive!

It's fun to see how the sentiment has changed. Only a month ago there were talks of Tesla going to 50$, now people talk about 2000$. Personally I won't get carried away before we are at least back to ath, and that's still a long way to go;)
You're... you're gonna wait until AFTER we get back to an ATH to get carried away???? I disagreed because one of us is doing this wrong... very wrong.

...or else we have very different ideas of "getting carried away"- (my idea is buying more BEFORE TSLA rises)

Reactions: insaneoctane

Attachments

• 5A0729FF-E8CA-4D78-8E29-9758AE6D24B4.jpeg
    5A0729FF-E8CA-4D78-8E29-9758AE6D24B4.jpeg
    467.2 KB · Views: 44
Media on this occasion were merely reporting the words of a member of the local emergency responders. Perhaps Tesla should think about suing one of these idiots to discourage that sort of stupid speculation being dispensed as fact to media in future.
Probably not a great idea because many people will just think "cover up". Best to just let it die and be forgotten.

Reactions: Pezpunk
What a relief to see $200. During the dip post SP500 inclusion I bought some $200 March 2022 call options that were then in the money, deep enough that they could suffer a 20% decline and still be worth something. It cost me 1/6 of my shares and offered the potential to buy a bigger house for my family while the children are still living at home. Back in November 2021 we were on track, then the endless series of force majeure's and the 70% stock price drop shattered the dream.
Now I can just about buy us a tent. Crossing my fingers the momentum continues over the final 5 weeks before expiration.