Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is 400 cars a big deal for the whole US?

Keep in mind Model 3 Highland is coming. I expect the process of selling Highland Model 3s might initially be similar to Austin 4680 Model Y.

If Tesla is going to ramp up Highland production, that may mean lower production of other variants, so some build up in inventory is perhaps a good thing.

Even if Tesla does a complete cut-over to Highland, there may be some delays in ramping production.

But we seem to be seeing more frequent price adjustments, so they probably are keeping a close watch on inventory.
I see inventory more as an indicator of the overall balance of production and orders, but we don’t know how many physical vehicles are represented by each listing as only one of each build spec is shown at a given location.

So we don’t know exact numbers and can only speculate, but the numbers are useful for more general trending. The trend is what can tell you where things are going and what might need to happen rather than merely where they sit right now. Even if it was possible to go out and count every single physical vehicle ready for sale at any moment, it wouldn’t give you as much of an appreciation for what might need to happen as rough numbers showing a trend — unless you counted those physical vehicles at regular intervals to track how the numbers are evolving over time.

And so far, along with some context, the trend seems to be a pretty reliable indicator.

Last edited:
Yah. Canada took a different approach. Here the government hires Tesla to install reliable CCS/Chademo facilities. They are co-located at superchargers. Upon completion they are turned over to FLO and FLO operates them. They are super reliable. Typically for every 8 supercharger pedestals there are 3 x CCS Chademo pedestals. If there are 12 supercharger pedestals then there are 4 CCS/Chademo pedestals. Getting pretty common across the country. We have one in our hometown.

View attachment 906365

View attachment 906366

View attachment 906367
I hope the Tesla chargers are closer to the bathroom, we need some recognition as pacesetters...

Speak for yourself here. My Model Y is tired of getting treated like this.

View attachment 906467View attachment 906468

Tell me about it. I have 2 CT on order. One for me and for my father. It can’t come fast enough. If curious, 15 mulch bags fit with 3 children cars seats, sub trunk and Frunk loaded. Could’ve fit 3 more in front passenger seat.

Attachments

• 99680BA5-04D0-4663-A3D4-F5309F985465.jpeg
    99680BA5-04D0-4663-A3D4-F5309F985465.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 112
Speak for yourself here. My Model Y is tired of getting treated like this.

View attachment 906467View attachment 906468
The U in SUV stands for utility. Owners shouldn't feel badly about utilizing their vehicle's capability. This makes more sense than also maintaining an ICE pickup until your CT arrives, unless you really need one.

30 sec spot

Right between when play had ended and the halftime show began. So probably a cheaper spot due to how many people are refilling snacks.

FWIW, watching with family friends that don't know much about Tesla, and one commented that his ad looked "fake as heck." I wouldn't be surprised if most viewers see straight through it.