Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sound like a broken record but TSLA and nasdaq composite setting up for a major breakout. Tomorrow’s CPI could be the trigger for major rally. I think we’re headed for $300+View attachment 906920View attachment 906921
I don't know what to make of all the squiggly lines, bars and candles. I listened to Corey from The Stocks Channel saying basically the same thing, that the charts were indicating a rally after CPI. Maybe not quite as bullish as you.

I sure hope you are both right.

I don’t know what any of those charts mean nor why you believe they represent a breakout. Can you explain it to me like I’m a Borzoi?
Short term intraday charts positioning for possible bollinger breakout with very tight intraday action. Of course, please take it with a tablespoon of salt since I could be wrong and if TSLA crashes and burns tomorrow then I already got humble pie baking in the oven

Bit of speculation on my part

I think the 750 kW Megachargers Pepsi is using is the Supercharger V4 (which isn't actually a V4, but a V3, and not the true Megacharger that will be used for long haul routes that will charge 10-80% in 30 minutes

My reasons are that given the expected Cybertruck pack size (~216 kWh by my latest dive into it, probably a bit more usable vs gross), 750 kW is in the ballpark of what we would expect it would charge at just extrapolating from previous Tesla models

Also, why would Tesla put the time into a 750 kW charger that won't used much once the also extrapolating from current vehicles 2.5~3 MW charger needed for the 30 minutes 10-80% charge time?

There is also the chance that Pepsi is time and time again misquoting the 750 kW charge rate

To go a bit deeper, on Modesto the cabinets looks just like V3 ones and there is 8 of them, each can pull 350 kW from the grid, so for 4 stalls it's 700 kW for each stall, but V3 can share a DC bus between multiple cabinets up to 575 kW, so each cabinet could pull 925 kW total if adjacent cabinets are not being used and from the Megapack they have there also, for a total when a maximum of 2/4 stalls in use 1850 kW, so that doesn't make sense with Pepsi 750 kW quote

Going a bit more, Supercharger V4 might be one Supercharger V3 cabinet per stall, that when paired with the output of a Megapack could supply 925 kW per stall, and considering you rarely will have vehicles arriving empty at the same time, one Megapack could have enough power 6 to V4 stalls

So a bunch of info and we arrived nowhere, how much do you guys think we need to pay a Pepsi driver to record a charging session undercover? 😃

Thinking about this March 1st event and really the only thing I think I care about hearing is that the 4680 ramp is hitting its stride.

Long term, future stuff is great, but most of the big things we’ve been anticipating rely on the ramp of the 4680. Earnings call made it sound like 4680 production is starting to take off, but I’d like some solid structure around that. When are the new chemistry changes coming online? When are the Texas lines going to become a significant piece of the puzzle (from what I understand the cars are all running Fremont cells). Is there a battery density improvement coming?

Gen 3, Cybertruck, likely Roadster, the Model Y cost reductions… everything on the auto side is kind of pivoting on the 4680 and it’s been on the cusp for 18 months or so at this point. I just really want some kind of solid confirmation that we’re on the rails and gaining speed here.

If that’s not the case, then the discussion of the Gen 3 vehicle feels premature. Perhaps that’s why the discussion of the Gen 3 vehicle is finally on the table again after it essentially got shelved after battery day. Regardless, that’s what I’m hoping for more than anything else.

Then we can hear about long term plans, lithium refining, and scaling to 3 TWh. Maybe this sounds like short-term thinking on my part, but a whole lot seems to pivot on this right now and the 4680 is very much key to growth in 2024-2025+. The Giga Nevada announcement to me felt very much like they are confident in 4680 production, but I would sure like to get a tiny bit more confirmation than just that assumption.

It DID matter!

Mary Barra Inducted Into Automotive Hall Of Fame​

Barra is commended for becoming the first woman CEO in the automotive industry, guiding GM through the ignition switch recall, and establishing gender equity and equal pay within the Detroit-based automaker.
I’d have been pissed if this had said anything about electrification of the industry.

That description though? Eh, it’s legit.

The European Commission doesn’t expect a recession anymore in the Eurozone countries:
The Eurozone is expected to grow 0.9% this year, with inflation coming down to 5.6%

So Elon was wrong in his recession prediction (at least for the Eurozone).
A little early to say growth is in the bag, don’t you think? I have no idea what’s going to happen. I think growth is more likely, but recession still well within the realm of possibility.

Damn, I just had this vision of the Optimi going fully sentient before humans arrive, claiming Mars as their own and annihilating humanity in a subsequent invasion before populating the galaxy. 😬😝

Damn, I just had this vision of the Optimi going fully sentient before humans arrive, claiming Mars as their own and annihilating humanity in a subsequent invasion before populating the galaxy. 😬😝
Yeah, that's exactly my optimistic assessment too!

also... WHY, OH WHY didn't I buy more a few weeks ago at $102! I mean. what was I THINKING?????

Last edited:

If this "vision" included an illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator, you might want to turn on the sleep timer on your TV before you go to bed:

Fears! ;)

IMG_20230214_094132.jpg

I think this is related to CPI data
IMG_20230214_094111.jpg

I don't know what to make of all the squiggly lines, bars and candles. I listened to Corey from The Stocks Channel saying basically the same thing, that the charts were indicating a rally after CPI. Maybe not quite as bullish as you.

I sure hope you are both right.
If CPI comes in cold -> rally, hot -> dump, on target -> flip a coin, but I would bet rally as the markets have been wanting to go up recently

The fly in the ointment is that they just decided to a) change the way CPI is calculated, b) revise half of last year's number upwards, so hard to compare the apples from here

Personally I don't subscribe to the recession narrative. Economy looks robust to me, inflation dropping, employment strong, but wages steady. As long as the FED don't feck it up we have a very soft landing and boom ahead

Not advice, I know nothing and am a financial idiot...

Last edited:
Ferrari complements Tesla and Elon-- may be courting Elon for co-development of the Roadster 2.0? With Cybertruck, optimus, FSD, model 2/robotaxi, as well as presumably multiple new battery and car factories needed to reach 20 million target, might not be a bad idea to work with ferrari or mclaren to do all the auto stuff for the roadster...
I still remember with fondness my Ferrari and other Italian cars. They all were exceedingly pleasurable. I'd probably buy a Ferrari BEV. The new CEO is thinking clearly. After all RACE is the only automaker that consistently exceeds TSLA margins. That Benedetto Vigna is a wholly different person with different background than have been other Ferrari CEO's is the point:

For him we must thank John Elkann. He has never failed to cope with the enormous challenges he inherited, and has done so without the histrionics other around him have displayed. He does have his grandfathers curiosity while making the most of his multinational character. Anybody who does not know him can search for his name. Note in particular the Silicon Valley types with whom he associates.

I know we are honor-bound to write off Stellantis so I'll not belabor that point. Ferrari is something "almost not not quite entirely different". Somehow Douglas Adams springs to mind...

Well, I was sort of bummed that, instead of buying some shares, I have to pay off the stupid car I just bought. But remembered I have a little money in two funds that I don't want to hold(I'm normally 100% S&P 500 index). Placed a sell order for those this morning. So I'll pick up a few shares when that goes through! Glad to be adding a few shares before investors day. Just wish I had done so a few weeks ago at $102!