Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news imminent? Que bueno!

Someone please explain to me Elon's over the top concern with a declining population. Hello!?! Tesla bots anyone...I mean, does he just purposely exclude it from his frame of mind or what? As investors, that's the whole point of being excited that this company is going down this road - Tesla sees the future and knows humanity will need help.

View attachment 907210
We'll need population to send to other planets. Earth will be the stockyard for expanding the species. Breed people, breed!

Maybe we'll soon be able to transfer consciousness to our Cyberbot?

Last edited:
Someone please explain to me Elon's over the top concern with a declining population. Hello!?! Tesla bots anyone...I mean, does he just purposely exclude it from his frame of mind or what? As investors, that's the whole point of being excited that this company is going down this road - Tesla sees the future and knows humanity will need help.

View attachment 907210
There's a whole school of thought out there that population decline in prosperous nations is going to cause a collapse of globalization, and therefore a crash or our civilization. I don't happen to subscribe to it -- I feel like that sort of thinking ignores the human capacity for innovation and change. But if you look up Peter Zeihan, he lays out his thinking on it pretty well, with a minimum of hyperbole.

TSLA long term chart is an amazingly beautiful and awesome sight- better than any piece of art in Louvre in my opinion. Far superior to Mona Lisa and more money maker than Da Vinci. as an added bonus, TSLA chart shortens time frame between shorts and financial bankruptcy, which no other painting in entire history of civilization has ever accomplished. Elon is the single greatest artist of all ages.
what a sweet day for TSLA longs and a day of reckoning for shorties
as close to poetry as i will ever come
back to regular programming
And the Oscar for cheerleading goes to ….

It is going to be very difficult for OEMs to not chase remaining ICE profits into bankruptcy...
  • Super bowl ads not really promoting any actual EVs you can buy
  • GM results on ICE only were pretty good
  • Ford results ICE/EV mixed
  • Ford stopping F150 Lightning
  • Toyota pivoting way too late
  • VW spins out Porsche...
  • Honda already in deep trouble

the Innovators dilemma is playing out in real time for legacy OEMs

Wow! Is this really your complete AA??? :oops:
Yes, ever since nearly 400 SP. :rolleyes: and about 80% (AA?) prior.
Fortunately, my wife has a separate 401K mostly tied up through her employer and very conservative. She buys TSLA when she can. She doesn't want to retire yet, it's a thing... maybe a good thing. 🤷‍♂️

There's a whole school of thought out there that population decline in prosperous nations is going to cause a collapse of globalization, and therefore a crash or our civilization. I don't happen to subscribe to it -- I feel like that sort of thinking ignores the human capacity for innovation and change. But if you look up Peter Zeihan, he lays out his thinking on it pretty well, with a minimum of hyperbole.
After hearing his asinine opinions on EVs and renewable energy, I can't take much anything he says seriously.

We'll need population to send to other planets. Earth will be the stockyard for expanding the species.
Interesting...thanks.

Yeah, I mean, if we can figure out the whole bot thing, then what's the phrase - "do more with less". We don't need 8b + humans in the future to survive and spread among the stars. A smaller population number with less needs expanding to other worlds sounds fine to me...

I wandered lonely as a short
Bereft of house, stuff, o'er cash
When all at once I saw I'd bought,
A host, of OTM puts, alas;
Beside the low, beneath the Ask,
To cover these, my eternal task

OK, not very good, but Wordsworth's hard...
Ha ha, really not bad!
I asked chatGPT, that always wants to be nice to everyone,

Shameless positive edit! After telling ChatGPT to get it right, lol

I wandered, lost in thought profound As lonely as a cloud unbound When Tesla shorts crossed through my mind Their delusions, oh so unrefined

For some see Tesla's future clear A world where clean tech has no peer With renewable energy in sight A future that's both green and bright

But shorts see only what's ahead A deluded view, no hope in thread A company they deem unfit A dream they think will never stick

Their shortsightedness leads them astray As Tesla's stock soars every day They fail to see the bigger plan And thus, they cannot understand

For Tesla is a vision grand A future built on nature's hand The shorts, they lack imagination And miss the scope of innovation

So, let them short and let them lose As Tesla's star continues to cruise For those who see the future bright Will reap the benefits of this fight

And I'll leave my thoughts to rest In Tesla's future, I invest For the shorts may never see the light But I believe in Tesla's might.

Last edited:
Production quality checks, incoming parts inspection, and supplier induced containment holds are real things that happen in the automotive world...
Agreed. But given the challenges in meeting Ford's quarterly numbers while the ground is moving under them, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a pure financial decision. It doesn't mean stop for good, just that there's a basis for wanting to slow things down. Battery supply and cost the obvious barrier. Do I have evidence? Only characteristics of ICE makers, history, and economics, with some science in there. (That and Ford tried to steal the delayed windshield wiper, not letting that go!)

I keep thinking... how can this truck not move a lot of air being so square? Seems like a safe compromise, a true blond, but it might not work out after a few dates towing a trailer. So that's why I think they're going with supply chain... I mean battery issues. It will help ease the burden, they're building them too fast. My friend in Utah just told me that they're all waiting up there for theirs. He didn't think they started making them yet. Well, not like they used to anyway.

Good news imminent? Que bueno!
Agave farm :D

TSLA's doing pretty good today huh?

CNBC have forgotten to cover it. 🤔 I wonder if they will do their usual trick of mentioning it 30sec before the close of trading, so no-one can act on the news.

Digging into this, couple things struck me:

1) this is "data labelers" per all reports, trying to unionize
2) apparently Tesla has like 1000 labelers up in the NY GF. Guess they are trying to keep the tax incentives up there. Concerns me about what production rates for solar and supercharger parts might be.

I think the "data labelers" see the writing on the wall. Tesla already had a massive layoff of this group of workers, when auto-labeler for FSD showed considerable improvements. This is probably not a very secure job position.

Digging into this, couple things struck me:

1) this is "data labelers" per all reports, trying to unionize
2) apparently Tesla has like 1000 labelers up in the NY GF. Guess they are trying to keep the tax incentives up there. Concerns me about what production rates for solar and supercharger parts might be.

I think the "data labelers" see the writing on the wall. Tesla already had a massive layoff of this group of workers, when auto-labeler for FSD showed considerable improvements. This is probably not a very secure job position.
Re concern in 2) It's important to consider the number of people hours needed for solar and supercharger products. A highly efficient low headcount manufacturing line is better than a high headcount low efficiency line.

Yeah, that's exactly my optimistic assessment too!

also... WHY, OH WHY didn't I buy more a few weeks ago at $102! I mean. what was I THINKING?????
My answer to that is, unfortunately, simple- because I don't have any dry powder remaining having bought many times, on the way down. I didn't read the tea leaves correctly and never thought it would get down to $10x. I'd have more shares if I'd been smarter. I felt $103 was a phenomenal deal. But I felt that way about $348.20, $284.14, $266.95, $262.72, $235.32, $231.98, $280.74, $245.45, $228.37, $223.08, $215.92, $212.54, $199.90, $170.84, $158.25, $150.70, $146.31, $112.77, $106.77 (actual purchases!)