Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok... Where is Master Plan Part 3? Did I miss it?

Is the joke in this master plan that there is no written plan?

Is the plan just "Electrify all the things"?

I mean it seems pretty clear the Tesla team is focused on a common goal. Looking around the edges of this presentation, it seems clear that the plan is to keep aggressively pushing the world towards sustainable energy, but... is there an actual clear written plan the way there is with part 1 and part 2? Can I link to Tesla's Master Plan Part 3?

Maybe something along the lines of turning this: "Earth can and will move to a sustainable energy economy, and will do so in your lifetime." into an action statement?

Just seems odd to me that there was no detailed plan laid out the way the previous 2 were.

Ok... Where is Master Plan Part 3? Did I miss it?

Is the joke in this master plan that there is no written plan?

Is the plan just "Electrify all the things"?

I mean it seems pretty clear the Tesla team is focused on a common goal. Looking around the edges of this presentation, it seems clear that the plan is to keep aggressively pushing the world towards sustainable energy, but... is there an actual clear written plan the way there is with part 1 and part 2? Can I link to Tesla's Master Plan Part 3?

Maybe something along the lines of turning this: "Earth can and will move to a sustainable energy economy, and will do so in your lifetime." into an action statement?

Just seems odd to me that there was no detailed plan laid out the way the previous 2 were.
Tesla never gives the market what it wants. Oh... except money every three months.

I believe there was some announcement of your settings/profile being tied to your account so they can follow you (for rental cars etc...). Wonder if that's implemented yet?
(not caught up while watching Investor day, so forgiveme if this was discussed already)

They just discussed this capability as current for all vehicles in your account and starting to roll out for loaners...

Elon wondering if he's Miles Dyson

1677719173327.png

100%. It already has a lot of the needed hardware and is connected to your panel etc. I know it's a simplification, but my gateway doesn't know if the DC power coming in is from my PW or my car and why would it care?
This is extremely important. And with the potential for V2G I think people will reconsider the value of their aging Tesla vehicles if they can repurpose them. I have followed the discussions here regarding the falling prices of used Tesla vehicles with interest, particularly the discussions around a 2017 Tesla Model X. We also have a 2017 Model X 100kWh, and we have a handful of Powerwalls to connect it to. And as we approach the time we might receive our Cybertruck later this year, I was debating whether or not to trade in our Model X.

The trade-in value by that time might only be half of the value of the 100 kWh battery in our Model X if V2G is enabled without limits (if we viewed it as the equivalent of 7.4 additional installed Powerwalls):

100 kWh/13.5 kWh per Powerwall = 7.4 Powerwalls. 7.4 x $13,500/Powerwall = $100,000

And if Tesla enables V2G with a limit of only using 60% of the vehicles battery capacity as was once discussed, then our 2017 Model X parked in our garage simply acting as 4.44 Powerwalls may still worth more than the trade in value when the Cybertruck rolls out....and we can take the old Model X for beer runs. Try doing that with a Powerwall.

Now consider the value of that vehicle when VPP comes to public utility near you. You will want every bit of storage that will successfully connect with your Gateways. $$$$ coming in while displacing natural gas peaker power at the same time. Obviously we are leaning towards keeping the Model X and using it for additional storage V2G with the hopes of VPP near us soon. This will get interesting IMO, as even wrecked Tesla vehicles may demand a huge premium for anyone with a Powerwall that wants more storage and/or wants to sell more to their grid operator.

Last edited:
This event builds anticipation but honestly was not needed. They could have used one of their fantastic quarterly earnings or sustainability documents to outline it. I love this company but this is going to be a self inflicted wound in the short term until March/April. IMO best case we trade around 200 for months. Tesla needs to get better at keeping things close to the vest till they are ready to show it.

With that said I loved the animations showing how they are going to build new cars....but we are going to have to wait 2 years or more to have anyone tear it apart. Tesla is the best because they are fearless in attempting to solve problems even if it seems too slow for us die hards. Most people are not like "us" and that will continue to propel Tesla as more and more people buy them because they are great, not because they have 48v wiring, or insane cash generating abilities. I do legitimately believe Elon when he says Tesla's have infinite demand and it's all based on price and value.

I was really, really hoping for a new model 3 as a reason to justify to my wife going into debt for a car. But looks like I will continue driving our paid off cars till the Cybertruck ships. All is well, carry on, enjoy the ride.

The Q&A shows how stupid these analysts are.

"Do you think Telsa will have enough models to hit the 20m run rate?"

View attachment 912793
He was not stupid, just malicious. Got handed his head on a plate..Elon: remember how many flip phones there were, how many remain...and how multiple models are simply variations of the same vehicle.. equally bad

And if Tesla enables V2G with a limit of only using 60% of the vehicles battery capacity as was once discussed, then our 2017 Model X parked in our garage simply acting as 4.44 Powerwalls may still worth more than the trade in value when the Cybertruck rolls out....

V2G would only be for new vehicles, with new power control components, which was what they mentioned was being completely redone right now, and thus why they expect NEW stuff within the next 2 years would all offer it.