Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The event was kinda boring but this dip is stupid. I disagreed with reactions by WS (traders etc.) after Battery day and AI day, but I at least understood. This though, it was all reiteration of Tesla's core business and highlighted their slavish devotion to improvement and efficiency. Elon over hyped it like crazy which is annoying, but still.

That's worth 8% down?

The event was kinda boring but this dip is stupid. I disagreed with reactions by WS (traders etc.) after Battery day and AI day, but I at least understood. This though, it was all reiteration of Tesla's core business and highlighted their slavish devotion to improvement and efficiency.

That's worth 8% down?

Imagine selling TSLA after 3 hours of incredible news for the company, just because it's not the exact incredible news you were expecting. It has to be algorithmic trading, right? It's hard to imagine a human watching that presentation and thinking they'd prefer to own less TSLA.

The event was kinda boring but this dip is stupid. I disagreed with reactions by WS (traders etc.) after Battery day and AI day, but I at least understood. This though, it was all reiteration of Tesla's core business and highlighted their slavish devotion to improvement and efficiency.

That's worth 8% down?
as we all know, Wall street actions are forward looking..quarter to quarter. It appears that based on info provided in the event, Wall street's expectations about factors that will impact Tesla financially in a positive manner over the next quarter, were not met. It's typical wall street.

……..

I guarantee when the next Munro Live video comes out he’s going to literally declare his love for Tesla and propose to it right onscreen.
Video with Sandy Munro, Cory, Dave Lee, Rob Mauer, Farazad, and others discussing the event after the fact.

Sandy did seem to be in love. 😏

IIRC, the discussion starts 30 minutes into the video.

Unlike typical WS analyists, Sandy and Cory know the implications of all the innovation in manufacturing and business process displayed. I bet the exec suites of all other automakers are s**ting bricks about now. 😀

GSP

I see "analysts" complaining that Tesla didn't "give enough details". Sorry, what? What do they need on top of what was presented? Can't these people extrapolate?

Having watched several of these presentations over the years, it seems to me that they could provide a review at the end to highlight the key aspects of the event.

Something where Elon, Drew, and/or Zach go over the bullet points for the presentation and speak a short sentence about the impact of each point. Making their way down the list with the bullets displayed and maybe columns with check marks indicating what is affected (Production Growth, Profit Increases, Saving the World, etc.) to further categorize/emphasize the expected impact over time.

This way, even the snoozing analysts might be able to answer their own dull questions and come away from the event with a Cliff's Notes to refer back to without having to actually take the time to mentally put the whole thing together themselves (nor wait for their more studied peers to do it for them).

The event was kinda boring but this dip is stupid. I disagreed with reactions by WS (traders etc.) after Battery day and AI day, but I at least understood. This though, it was all reiteration of Tesla's core business and highlighted their slavish devotion to improvement and efficiency. Elon over hyped it like crazy which is annoying.

That's worth 8% down?
Wall Street is just VERY short term focused, they don't care about 8 years from now right now. When they see actual results that will make money they will buy. I just bought more.

I'm in the process of converting a classic car to electric on my own. The DU (just motor plus inverter) I'm going to use has about 80 kW peak and cost me $5000. Sure, it's a retail price, but Tesla would roll over this market with ease. It would make a conversion interesting for much more people that can't afford a new car or even want to reduce their foodprint by using upgraded existing ones. Something for the mission, or not?
I don't think so, the market is too small and already covered by used parts. You can get a complete Tesla drive unit for $2,500 on Ebay and other places.

• Helpful
Reactions: GSP
I don’t get the concern about unpluging your car. First, it only applies during power outages, not for daily usage to avoid using the grid during peak hours. Second, most households in the US have multiple cars, so no big deal to leave one of them plugged in when the grid power is out.

GSP
Can't sell power walls if people don't need them anymore due to having 10x capacity at no extra charge with 2 EV's.

The event was kinda boring but this dip is stupid. I disagreed with reactions by WS (traders etc.) after Battery day and AI day, but I at least understood. This though, it was all reiteration of Tesla's core business and highlighted their slavish devotion to improvement and efficiency. Elon over hyped it like crazy which is annoying, but still.

That's worth 8% down?
Okay then. Tell me how exactly Elon overhyped world domination, multi Trillion dollar value, and a complete reboot of the world’s economies and way of life. I’m all eyes and I’m still sitting down from yesterday’s presentation.

Use mine on my 2013 S all the time as weather allows. Will miss it when I move on as well...
Cutting stuff like sunroofs is obviously about cost and complexity reduction IMO, and that's entirely in line with the philosophy. People speculating the next upcoming models might be leaning more into luxury features etc are a bit off the mark I think. The leadership team all about reducing costs, simplifying, streamlining, automating, and mass mass production.

Not to mention how small it looks...what is it going to be, a manufacturing plant for ants?
It needs to be at least 3x that big

Anyone that has ever looked at anthropomorphic challenges knows what the challenge is (hands/wrist in software and hardware)
No only someone such as yourself who has been fixated on this without acknowledging the advances that have been made in this area even after being repeatedly shown them in the past, as well as last night in the Optimus demonstration.

Okay then. Tell me how exactly Elon overhyped world domination, multi Trillion dollar value, and a complete reboot of the world’s economies and way of life. I’m all eyes and I’m still sitting down from yesterday’s presentation.

Good point. Converting the world to run on clean energy sure is a novel idea.

• Funny
Reactions: ZsoZso
I bet the exec suites of all other automakers are s**ting bricks about now. 😀
I bet they aren’t. They should have 💩’d their pants a decade ago, but didn’t. Too busy putting together a committee to assemble a committee to talk about doing nothing.

This morning they’re all laughing at the stock decline and patting themselves on the back - see WS knows it’s all smoke and mirrors; we got this. Carry on dragging our feet.

Last edited:
I bet they aren’t. They should have 💩’d their pants a decade ago, but didn’t. Too busy putting together a committee to assemble a committee to talk about doing nothing.

This morning they’re all laughing at the stock decline and patting themselves on the back - see WS knows it’s all smoke and mirrors; we got this. Carry on dragging out feet.
I hope the C-suites are too focused on the real business to worry about daily stock price movements.