Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Well, I can only offer my recent experience - that my TMY that I just purchased last month, when I asked Tesla for financing options, Tesla offered me a loan through Wells Fargo. Obviously, not a lot of research in that conclusion, but nonetheless what misled me.

BTW, Sorry to make you repeat the message, but thanks for taking the time to keep the issue straight.
When you finance through Tesla's online payment system, do you get the Title when you take delivery, or is that held up somehow until it's paid off?

Hey guys, thought i'd introduce myself briefly after lurking for a while here.

I'm probably younger than 99% of the users in here. First time I'd heard about tesla was during a trip in Croatia, where I saw 4 superchargers directly overlooking the sea (still one of the most beautiful SuC locations I've seen after almost 7 years!) though at the time I didn't know anything more about the company.

Fast forward to early/mid 2019 and, as my grandpa had some health issues and couldn't drive anymore (he loved good fast cars and driving them), we decided to test drive one of the first model 3 cars that arrived my country and brought him with us as passenger to check it out. Still have some photos of that day, good memories. Needless to say he liked the car a lot and decided to get one for my mom as a gift. Over time we got way more involved and he decided to buy a sizable amount of stock with the only caveat that we wouldn't sell until tesla had stopped growing. I will fully admit I didn't know anything about macroeconomics and similar topics at the time (who does, at 20 y/o, honestly?). Of course, none could have foreseen the explosion (and then implosion I guess?) of the stock the past few years. You can guess that part of the portfolio has grown to a sizable amount (but still a healthy %, such that if it went to 0 overnight we would not have any actual issues with our lives) and I've been actively getting more interested in the whole economic topics/subjects. It's a strange combination of fun and terrifying. I think everyone should study even a little bit of the topics but unfortunately, unless you actively teach yourself, none is going to. The covid time was extremely crazy, in retrospect.

Been finishing up a MSc in engineering in the meantime, still got a couple of years to go. Planning to go into the automotive/electrical industry after I'm done, will see what I can get done.

Anyway, long story short, I think most the people in here share our same beliefs that tesla as a company can do great stuff in the upcoming years and decades so I'm looking far more at what the company is doing than what the stock/macro is doing. As for Musk himself, I don't consider myself "smart" by any means but I think I'm smart enough to be able to recognize both his great achievements with his companies and his silly behavior lately.

Cheers.
Well immediately you got on our negative side having your life in front of you... Try and not poke the bear from here on out you young whippersnapper.

Rinse and repeat:

Beta on highways should eliminate a lot of the cases of people using cheater devices and then watching a movie on their phone only to crash into something.
1678372853250.png

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Interesting article about global BEV sales by Zach Shanan on CleanTechnica this morning:

Tesla doing what Tesla does...rapidly adapting. New supercharger layout at a WaWa (deployed a month ago). Notice the 2 spots that are SUPER WIDE (and a 3rd one utilizing the buffer as well):

Hello Cybertruck! Or maybe they'll get magic docks soon?
The new Supercharger expansion in San Clemente, CA also has a blank parking spot that fixes the wrong side charging port issue.

A loose Steering wheel coming off and a tesla collision with a fire truck,
versus an incredible investor day presentation and release of
fsd 11 single stack.

Winner according to Wall Street, loose steering wheel.
How stupid is this market.

Furthermore, cnbc commentators pushing GM stock.
Not just Teslas:

Not just Teslas:
Oh if we are in the business reporting steering wheel coming off.

Hey guys, thought i'd introduce myself briefly after lurking for a while here.

I'm probably younger than 99% of the users in here. First time I'd heard about tesla was during a trip in Croatia, where I saw 4 superchargers directly overlooking the sea (still one of the most beautiful SuC locations I've seen after almost 7 years!) though at the time I didn't know anything more about the company.

Fast forward to early/mid 2019 and, as my grandpa had some health issues and couldn't drive anymore (he loved good fast cars and driving them), we decided to test drive one of the first model 3 cars that arrived my country and brought him with us as passenger to check it out. Still have some photos of that day, good memories. Needless to say he liked the car a lot and decided to get one for my mom as a gift. Over time we got way more involved and he decided to buy a sizable amount of stock with the only caveat that we wouldn't sell until tesla had stopped growing. I will fully admit I didn't know anything about macroeconomics and similar topics at the time (who does, at 20 y/o, honestly?). Of course, none could have foreseen the explosion (and then implosion I guess?) of the stock the past few years. You can guess that part of the portfolio has grown to a sizable amount (but still a healthy %, such that if it went to 0 overnight we would not have any actual issues with our lives) and I've been actively getting more interested in the whole economic topics/subjects. It's a strange combination of fun and terrifying. I think everyone should study even a little bit of the topics but unfortunately, unless you actively teach yourself, none is going to. The covid time was extremely crazy, in retrospect.

Been finishing up a MSc in engineering in the meantime, still got a couple of years to go. Planning to go into the automotive/electrical industry after I'm done, will see what I can get done.

Anyway, long story short, I think most the people in here share our same beliefs that tesla as a company can do great stuff in the upcoming years and decades so I'm looking far more at what the company is doing than what the stock/macro is doing. As for Musk himself, I don't consider myself "smart" by any means but I think I'm smart enough to be able to recognize both his great achievements with his companies and his silly behavior lately.

Cheers.
Exactly this

When you finance through Tesla's online payment system, do you get the Title when you take delivery, or is that held up somehow until it's paid off?
The title is held by the actual lending agency, a partnered bank. I’ve done 2 to take advantage of cheap money when Tesla was buying down loan rates.

This thread is more active than any other! At least six new pages of posts per day. It is ADHD or schizophrenic as each page has many seperate topics being discussed. It is the Borg Queen of threads where a thousand voices can be heard discussing a thousand topics at once.
Huh? I was going to ask why it’s been so quiet lately. Usually 20 to 30 pages. We’re on page 20245.

The new red is likely an "easier to paint" or at least "California compliant" version of the deep cherry red coming out of Berlin. I am ASSUMING it is still a 3 stage paint process (as I think even the old "multi-coat" red was that). Oh and since this is the Investor forum...it costs $500 more than the old red. Note: the old red was a $2,500 upcharge on the S/X and $2K on the 3/Y.

As a "bright colors" fan, the old red (which was OK, but not awesome) has been my color choice (had it on my S and have it on my ordered MYP). I would definitely want to see the new red in person as I wasn't really a fan of the original Signature Red (too burgundy).

As the S and X come out of Fremont, I could see the Model Y Performance (also a Fremont only car in the U.S.A.) POTENTIALLY getting this color next...really comes down to just how different it is to shoot. Could just make it to all the cars shortly.

That brings up one other topic. Everyone talks about how "paint is expensive" (it is) and how the Cybertruck and potentially the gen 3 vehicles won't have paint. I will point out, however, that Tesla's paint upcharges are generally a LOT more than virtually every other car manufacturer (only eclipsed by high end cars or things like the BMW "Individual" Colors). As an example, the aforementioned Mazda 3-stage "Soul Red" is a $595 upcharge. While I agree "no paint" is less cost, Tesla's hefty premium on their paints surely offsets a decent portion of that...especially on colors like the red. The profit will, of course, be gone with "no paint". Now, will it still be more beneficial for Tesla? I'm sure the answer is yes.

Last edited: