Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently not.
My guess is $TSLA will fill the gap at around $186.60 today or tomorrow.

1680016356385.png

I'm excited for my Cybertruck, but not a fan of the 4 wheel steering. I'm worried that means more alignments and increased tire wear if the alignments aren't done regularly?
Not just that but simplicity or simplicities sake is a wonderful thing in a truck.

Curious to see where Ford is going with their new truck to be built at the all new purpose built facility in TN. We like our Ford Lightning. It could have double the range and we'd never move. So to me it really comes down to vehicle range. Kill all the extra crap...give me range.

I'd suggest the value is limited considering how few vehicles bother to implement it.
Yeah, not so much making point about the value vs. cost to implement as much as responding to the point of it's usefulness for vehicle of given size.

I also think that, once developed and put in to production for the Cybertruck, if Tesla can drive implementation costs down (as they aggressively do) their focus on safety may allow them to consider this on other vehicles.

"Cox Automotive found that during Q1, Tesla controlled roughly 5.1% of the overall market, placing it above brands like BMW, Mercedes, Mazda, Subaru, and even Volkswagen within the United States. This is a 1.4% jump compared to last year’s average, making Tesla the fastest-growing brand in this metric."

1%, then 5%, then...

I love the handy storage, but how the heck does this relatively sparse triangular structure with all it's doors and other cut-outs still manage to achieve anything resembling a substantial structural monocoque?
There is a big casting on the inside that bridges up from the wheel well to the rear of the passenger cage.

The "Exoskeleton" is only exo in some parts.

There is a big casting on the inside that bridges up from the wheel well to the rear of the passenger cage.

The "Exoskeleton" is only exo in some parts.
But I don't see any seams in the rear sail. Zero panel gap and an overlap might be expensive to machine. The image in that magazine also gave the hinges way too little tolerance - looks like they would rub. Maybe a mod coming, but not in the recent photos.

But I don't see any seams in the rear sail. Zero panel gap and an overlap might be expensive to machine. The image in that magazine also gave the hinges way too little tolerance - looks like they would rub. Maybe a mod coming, but not in the recent photos.
The casting is there, whether or not the sail pillar is is a whole other question. I hope so, but not holding my breath. As you suggest, recent photos don't show any sign of it.

Germany lifts veto to make way for EU fossil fuel car ban

While it was reported in February that the EU had voted for a ban on all new ICE cars starting in 2035, apparently there was one hold out, Germany. That seems to now be almost rectified.

The 27 EU member states approved Monday a deal between Brussels and Germany that lifted Germany's block on a planned phaseout of sales of new fossil fuel cars by 2035.​

A spokesman for Sweden, which holds the EU presidency, said ambassadors backed the agreement. Energy ministers are expected to give the final green light on Tuesday during a meeting in Brussels.

TSLA down 2.82% and Nio up 2.18% on the news that Tesla will have a record quarter while killing Nio sales.... :rolleyes:
So SNAFU as per usual. With news yet again that the EU will be banning sales of new ICE cars by 2035 (looking at calendar, gee 12 years or is that different in metric?) is everyone in Europe going to be driving VWs only after that? Cause the rest of the EV competition other than Tesla doesn't look all that competitive.

So SNAFU as per usual. With news yet again that the EU will be banning sales of new ICE cars by 2035 (looking at calendar, gee 12 years or is that different in metric?) is everyone in Europe going to be driving VWs only after that? Cause the rest of the EV competition other than Tesla doesn't look all that competitive.
But 12 years is way more than an eternity for Wall Street. They don't even have such calendars let alone columns in their spreadsheets that far out.
They will react to such bans when it happens in the next few quarters, at best a year ahead.

To put it another way: this news means to them, oh, ICE sales can continue just fine for the next 10+ years, no worries about regulators shutting them down soon enough to have an impact on their financial models.