Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love cnn.com.

Headline in red (among other things), says “Tesla faces seatbelt safety probe”.

Look at the details and they state 2 model X’s had issues and then of course is sure to include the autopilot safety probe and steering wheels that fall off.

Just have to rehash every issue on every article. I can just imagine their gloating.
CNN International seems generally less stupid.

Gotta love cnn.com.

Look at the details and they state 2 model X’s had issues and then of course is sure to include the autopilot safety probe and steering wheels that fall off.

Just have to rehash every issue on every article. I can just imagine their gloating.
I spend the winter in Florider near Tamper and this was on the TV news. Sadly this FUD is effective as my wife saw it and was concerned.

Lol, if every 6 years the time that separates from FSD level 4 is halved, for example 6 years ago were were 1 year away from FSD, today we are 6 months away, in 6 years we will be 3 months away etc. Is there hope?
Lol. Anybody thinks that we are close needs to go for a drive in an FSD car with the latest greatest software. 😂. Maybe a decade at best. It’s a great system and we enjoy using it every day. We probably do 95 percent of our driving with it. But it’s no where close to any kind of autonomous system. Kudos to the FSD team though. It is incrementally (tiny increments) better every time. It still fails pretty much every intersection it did a year ago and still can’t pick the correct lane if its life depended on it. But it’s worth the bucks just for the entertainment value. 😊👍.

Jmho.

Gotta love cnn.com.

Noticed that one too. A small recall is worthy of a front page tickler on CNN. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Someday in the near future, I can let my car drive my son to the airport without having to wake up at 4 AM. Nice!

I don't doubt your car will be able to find it's way to the airport. Possibly to the terminal where his flight arrives. But that terminal has a number of sets of doors. At which of these will it park to wait for him to find it? If his baggage is delayed how will it know it needs to leave the spot it found and drive round the airport until you tell it to park again? How do the police managing all the cars, car rental shuttles etc. tell your car to move along? Until artificial general intelligence is powerful enough to interact with a complex environment and people in that environment, how do robotaxi's and our FSD enabled cars become practical for these type of very useful but challenging tasks?

Noticed that one too. A small recall is worthy of a front page tickler on CNN. :rolleyes:

Except this isn't one. This story was based on only 2 complaints which can filed anonymously online, which the .gov website reflexively reposts. This setup is ripe for abuse, as happens when shortzes need a boo-scare to steal ur money. :p

I don't doubt your car will be able to find it's way to the airport. Possibly to the terminal where his flight arrives. But that terminal has a number of sets of doors. At which of these will it park to wait for him to find it? If his baggage is delayed how will it know it needs to leave the spot it found and drive round the airport until you tell it to park again? How do the police managing all the cars, car rental shuttles etc. tell your car to move along? Until artificial general intelligence is powerful enough to interact with a complex environment and people in that environment, how do robotaxi's and our FSD enabled cars become practical for these type of very useful but challenging tasks?
How about having a robotaxi parking lot next to long term car parking. The airport can charge a small fee to allow the car to park (one or two hours at most and then a higher fee would be applied) and one of those parking lot shuttle buses would take you to the lot after your plane arrives. This way you wouldn't have hundreds of robotaxi's circling the airport clogging up traffic.

Obviously, the information infrastructure will need to develop and grow, along with the physical "machine-friendly world".

CNN International seems generally less stupid.
Oh No.. exactly the same.

It is just that on the subjects that we don't that deeply we tend to think they are being more neutral and fair. Not even close. Lazy biased reporting is pretty much the same on international bureau too. They go out of the way to hire reporters who will write slanted view of the world that Americans cherish. I know..

Obviously, the information infrastructure will need to develop and grow, along with the physical "machine-friendly world".

Absolutely. All or much of real world robotaxi obstacles will be figured out with enough time. Optimus will eventually have the ability to understand and act/reply to more and more verbal communications. One day we'll be able to request a robotaxi plain or with bot to help disabled (or lazy) passengers exit and carry bags. The car will still drive but bot will be able to accept and reply to passenger questions and requests.

Lol. Anybody thinks that we are close needs to go for a drive in an FSD car with the latest greatest software. 😂. Maybe a decade at best. It’s a great system and we enjoy using it every day. We probably do 95 percent of our driving with it. But it’s no where close to any kind of autonomous system. Kudos to the FSD team though. It is incrementally (tiny increments) better every time. It still fails pretty much every intersection it did a year ago and still can’t pick the correct lane if its life depended on it. But it’s worth the bucks just for the entertainment value. 😊👍.

Jmho.
V11 - Many amazing improvements! Phantom braking (tree shadows across a 2-lane road, also on a 1-lane paved drive) is slightly worse. I love that it affords more clearance while passing trucks, but the extra clearance is somewhat unnaturally excessive IMHO.

Also, I think higher level FSD in a decade would still be amazing, even if not quite Robo-taxi level.

Last edited: