Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, a smart marketer might've picked one of those to use... but not everybody at Lucid is smart, as we can see from their financials

Agreed. If Lucid were smart, they would drop the price of their car to push volume.

Their only two claims to fame are:
1) it's not a Tesla (small but existing crowd to appeal to)
2) it's got 500+ mile range (on some trims).

Right now, if I were crazy enough to be looking to drop 150+ on an EV, it would be a MS Plaid with Carbon Ceramic brakes and Track Package. I would consider that more value than what Lucid offers, but even that is very questionable to be calling it "value". Highly subjective on value determination.

In that article both sides seem kind of silly. As a Tesla owner, or if I wasn't, I'd love a chance to test drive a Lucid. I wouldn't complain one bit.

Lucid, on the other hand, should understand the largest pool of potential buyers is with ICE drivers. Tesla drivers are a much smaller pool and more loyal. The only thing that makes sense about the strategy is people at a Supercharger are more of a captive audience than people pumping gas.

Agreed. If Lucid were smart, they would drop the price of their car to push volume.

Their only two claims to fame are:
1) it's not a Tesla (small but existing crowd to appeal to)
2) it's got 500+ mile range (on some trims).

Right now, if I were crazy enough to be looking to drop 150+ on an EV, it would be a MS Plaid with Carbon Ceramic brakes and Track Package. I would consider that more value than what Lucid offers, but even that is very questionable to be calling it "value". Highly subjective on value determination.
Lucid needs air suspension for such an expensive car, as well as given the nature of heavy EV. Floats and squats-- i test drove it. I have no problem in Lucid succeeding, but it is not an easy task. Some people will prefer the switchgear and interior look. It is not a mass market car, and the expensive sedan market can easily take on new offerings. If a Lucid buyer walks away from a s-class or 7 series gas guzzler, then that is a win, becuase we all do not need more emissions, carbon monoxide among them in the air.

I mean, a smart marketer might've picked one of those to use... but not everybody at Lucid is smart, as we can see from their financials
On a recent road trip to Texas, I came across a fella in a lucid at an Arizona SC. He had plenty of electrons to get to a 3rd party charger…but he was also on a road trip and was disappointed to find out the SC network is in fact not open to non teslas.

He claimed that the sales rep told him “most Tesla supercharger locations had a few dedicated 3rd party accessible stalls.”

I felt bad for him because I too have been lied to by car stealershops. Also this was a 60 stall 250kw station and it was nearly empty…sure seemed like a great opportunity to sell some electrons to Lucid customers.

Yeah, that’s what I thought when I bought my March 2024 LEAPs. 😬😬😬
I know we had a few years where the stock was basically flat but it's hard to imagine that will be the case considering our previous ATH vs current price. (famous last words of course)

Tesla will keep executing and even if the market doesn't start to rewards us with a richer PE ratio again just the growth alone should have the stock increasing steadily from here. 🤞

Robstown, Texas is 262 miles away from Gigafactory Mexico.
It's a great feeling to know that Tesla's in-house construction company will probably build this too. I hope there's reliable rail lines between there, Giga Austin and the other US Giga's.

FYI just outside of Robstown is Corpus Christy, TX, the 6th least literate city in the US. I hope some of Tesla's smarts rubs off on and benefits the locals.

Last edited:
I know we had a few years where the stock was basically flat but it's hard to imagine that will be the case considering our previous ATH vs current price. (famous last words of course)

Tesla will keep executing and even if the market doesn't start to rewards us with a richer PE ratio again just the growth alone should have the stock increasing steadily from here. 🤞
I think we are going to have modest share price strength from now until the end of the year. I think this because the Fed signaled they are done raising and Tesla just signaled they are done lowering. Assuming Tesla continues to come close to delivering on analysts estimates, these two things should carry us into the fourth quarter where the whole market usually goes into rally mode.

Unfortunately, I think these gains will be modest and the initial Cybertruck launch (or lack of) is more likely to hurt the share price than not. For these reasons, I think March '24 LEAPS are risky. Obviously this is shear speculation on my part and my life time investing record isn't great, so do your own due diligence.

Just for the record, I think the next big move will come from the CT successfully ramping and that could take more than a full year from now.

It's a great feeling to know that Tesla's in-house construction company will probably build this too. I hope there's reliable rail lines between there, Giga Austin and the other US Giga's.

FYI just outside of Robstown is Corpus Christy, TX, the 6th least literate city in the US. I hope some of Tesla's smarts rubs off on and benefits the locals.
Tesla's refinery property appears to have single-track rail access, but I don't think Austin has rail access yet. My guess is that Monterrey's cells will be supplied from Austin in order to obtain the IRA battery subsidies.

The feedstock for this refinery might have a lot of mass, but I don't think battery-grade lithium hydroxide is particularly massive. You could readily truck that out. By my back-of-the-envelope calculations, that would be at most 1,250 truckloads per year, or 3 or 4 daily.

Last edited:
Last I read, it was only for Bank stocks. Everything else would still be an open target. Crooks protecting their own interests.
1683559409904.png

Something I've always loved about Teslas is their traction control. At least with the ones I've driven, I never worry about wheel spin (unless it's icy or something, but that's just physics). I can't say the same for other EVs I've driven and I've driven quite a few. I haven't driven the Lucid Air, but this would really annoy me if it consistently does this when you floor the accelerator in dry conditions -