Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know that England is only part of the UK? This is the 2nd time you've referred to "England" when really you're talking about the UK.
I know the difference and I don't see any mistakes.
1. England voted for Brexit. Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't.
2. The only British car factories I know of are in England.
3. I believe the Irish level of dislike for England is not matched by an antipathy for Scotland.
4. England is one place. United Kingdom, and Great Britain, are not; they're multiple "countries".
5. England does not have a land border with Ireland.

When I write "England", I mean England.

Do you know that England is only part of the UK? This is the 2nd time you've referred to "England" when really you're talking about the UK.
OT: Almost all Americans are confused about the differences between UK, GB, and England. I'm still trying to grasp the relationship between the "members" of the UK. My understanding at this point is that's it lies somewhere between the states of the US and the countries of the EU.

For the UK it was calculated that just changing signs from miles to kilometers would cost 750 million pounds.

Switching sides requires repainting, moving and resetting road signs, moving traffic lights, and modifying a bunch of limited-access road exits and entrances. It's _much_ more expensive than it would have been years ago.

By population countries that drive on the left include #1, #4, #5, #8, #11, #21, #22, #23, 24.
Tesla RHD countries need Tesla to worm its way into India and to get into Indonesia and Pakistan.
It did start selling in Thailand this year, which added an RHD market and the changes in Australia have increased RHD sales as well.
Apparently, where there is a will there is a way.
In 1886, all the railroads in the US that were not standard gauge rail spacing converted from May 31 through June 1. And this was before automated machinery and done in one day! (Of course doesn’t include narrow gauge lines).

Last edited:
Nope. The rules that financial folks have to follow about insider trading (where you have to be hands-off) don't exist for congress. They should, but they don't.
I know there are no such rules - it’s been a long running non-partisan issue, BTW.

But it is likely that most of the reps/senators use investment firms.

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
The media put vastly overly negative spins on the Chinese "recall". It was referred to as huge and/or scary. They don't understand the meaning of regenerative braking. Over-the-air updates/recalls are actually marvelous tools that don't involve the costs of taking cars to repair shops. The ability is a big plus for Tesla. But emphasizing that would not be the sensationalistic clickbait desired by the headline writers, especially regarding a non-advertiser.

I know the difference and I don't see any mistakes.
1. England voted for Brexit. Scotland and Northern Ireland didn't.
2. The only British car factories I know of are in England.
3. I believe the Irish level of dislike for England is not matched by an antipathy for Scotland.
4. England is one place. United Kingdom, and Great Britain, are not; they're multiple "countries".
5. England does not have a land border with Ireland.

When I write "England", I mean England.
Yes - but you are advocating change from RHD to LHD and I don't understand the potential advantage. The UK imports nearly all of their cars and i'm not sure that it would be cheaper to change whether in Ireland, England, Scotland or the Isle of Wight!

Reactions: EVMeister
The media put vastly overly negative spins on the Chinese "recall". It was referred to as huge and/or scary. They don't understand the meaning of regenerative braking. Over-the-air updates/recalls are actually marvelous tools that don't involve the costs of taking cars to repair shops. The ability is a big plus for Tesla. But emphasizing that would not be the sensationalistic clickbait desired by the headline writers, especially regarding a non-advertiser.
Furthermore, Tesla added a warning when the accelerator is held down for too long, how many other cars do that? Honestly, what they added was safety features, not "fixing" and issue

Not sure how this would work out on the Autobahn tho'...

Yes - but you are advocating change from RHD to LHD and I don't understand the potential advantage. The UK imports nearly all of their cars and i'm not sure that it would be cheaper to change weather in Ireland, England, Scotland or the Isle of Wight!

Nobody watching the speed of robotaxi dev is wasting brain cells thinking about which side of the car the driver controls will be in the future. Correct answer is *neither*.
Edit: Also think this is why RHD X/S discontinued. They looked at the cost to make, the total sales possible prior to robotaxi and concluded insufficient time for payback.

Last edited:
So is paying extra to buy a RHD car, which pretty much has to come from England now, instead of a Berlin Tesla or other continental car. I think it's at least time to investigate the cost and benefits of making a switch. I don't know how much road infrastructure there is in Ireland.

It's also not necessary to switch the entire country at the same time; if the will is there, the switch can be carried out over many years.
There is ZERO clamor to make that change in the UK, Japan, India or Australia. What any outsider thinks is not really relevant

There is ZERO clamor to make that change in the UK, Japan, India or Australia. What any outsider thinks is not really relevant
This is so selfish of you. You should be thinking of the rest of the world when making decisions like this.

Honestly... this kind of choice should be made here in the US where we have a more objective perspective on the topic. /s

This is so selfish of you. You should be thinking of the rest of the world when making decisions like this.

Honestly... this kind of choice should be made here in the US where we have a more objective perspective on the topic. /s
The reason LHD exists is that Napoleon was left handed. (The U.S. was a French ally during that period). Canada is LHD because their main trading partner is the U.S. RHD are either Commonwealth countries or countries that had strong ties with the U.K. (e.g. Japan. Japan copied many things from the U.K.)

• Funny
Reactions: oldTAVguy and Ogre
If this is not a sign that the EV revolution is gaining steam, i do not know what other bullish signs y'all need!!

1683931740974.png

If this is not a sign that the EV revolution is gaining steam, i do not know what other bullish signs y'all need!!

View attachment 937173
It's Friday after-the manipulation period has closed so... let's frame this right.

Hasbro Partners LEAKs new Tesla Model 2 Design

1683932438601.png

I know it's not the Model 2... it's headlinese