Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s noticeable the difference in how many quality TMC posters that were here for last years annual meeting who are no longer here for this years meeting. The exodus was gradual, but now striking.
This low quality poster intends to post about it later today. Just you wait, just you wait. 🎵

I get aero is the reason why it now have a big flaccid hanging butt and a big chin at the front, but those will hurt off road performance quite a bit due to lower approach and departure angle

The first prototypes looked so much better due to that

tesla-cybertruck-at-giga-texas-quelle-https-insideevs.com-news-524156-tesla-cybertruck-preorders-exceed-1250000.jpg
That´s what I thought too, but seein last nights FRONT shots made me reevaluate my impressions. We have a perfect bull now. Looks VERY refined. Road Boss comes to mind:
IMG_0389.PNG

It's possible to be a fan of the company and their products while simultaneously not approving of every single thing the CEO does. The former outweighs the latter.
The company would not exist as it is without Elon being who he is. There are other pure EV companies to invest in if investing in EVs is your primary angle.

Sigh. Elon‘s role in the company does more for the shareholders than anyone else alive could, probably. His comments might dip the stock price temporarily but in the medium term, it’s all about company execution which isn’t affected by his tweets. So spare me your simplistic understanding of how the world works.
Thank you!!! It’s as if people forget that Musk built this company out of sheer force of will, and are now giving him crap for wanting to have free will in what he wants to say…

You got it twisted and are moving the goal post. Reread my post. I never said he was incompetent. If he were, I wouldn't have been able to retire and travel the world in my 40s. I'm here to add a voice of reason to what is supposed be a forum about analyzing an investment. Why are you here? I could reply in kind but I'll wait to see if the mods are serious about curtailing snippiness.
You consider his comment snippy? No wonder Elon’s words offend you lol

Yeah, Elon cared so little about the shareholder that he only dedicates 363 days out of the year vs 365 days trying to maximize cash flow for Tesla.

What Elon said is that no amount of money, power, crying shareholders, critics, God, his mom, or whoever can silence him. He will say whatever he feels is right. Good principle to live by because I know most people will shrivel up under pressure, or worst throws people under the bus/go against own morals and principles for money and power.
He is supposed to be maximizing the shareholder value. That's what he is supposed to be maximizing.

Thank you!!! It’s as if people forget that Musk built this company out of sheer force of will, and are now giving him crap for wanting to have free will in what he wants to say…
I am definitely grateful for all the work Elon and Tesla team has done. But it’s also “easy” for me as an investor because I got into TSLA in 2016. For people that first bought in these last couple years with a significant amount of money, it would be tough to hear that the CEO doesn’t care about losing money due to his tweeting. It’s one thing to say he doesn’t care about losing money short term in regards to the mission of putting more cars on the road. It’s another to have it due to just tweeting random things.

Elon definitely has freedom of speech, as he should… like anyone else. But he doesn’t have freedom from consequences. We certainly don’t.

I also find that his tweets do not always explain his viewpoint very well. It’s during these longer form interviews where he explains himself and makes a bit more sense on what he’s trying to say. He just should be a bit more thoughtful of explaining himself better in tweets. Make use of the long tweet option if he’s going to say something that could easily be misconstrued. I’m not a fan of easily avoidable unforced errors.

Last edited:
I'd heard Tesla Execs were visiting India again but now CNBC is suggesing they are considering setting up a manufacturing plant in India. I'm personally still sceptical as the tarif siutation hasn't been resolved, but we'll see if it has any legs this time.

TESLA IS CONSIDERING SETTING UP AN ADDITIONAL MANUFACTURING PLANT IN INDIA - CNBC-TV18, CITING SOURCES

He is supposed to be maximizing the shareholder value. That's what he is supposed to be maximizing.

Tesla is not that kind of company, and Elon is not that kind of CEO. If that is what you want to invest in there are many other companies who prioritize things like shareholder value. Tesla has other priorities.

So I guess even "investors" here think Tesla's share price is based on a random number generator decoupled from fundamentals.

You're right, Elon should tweet Tesla to 3 trillion market cap vs generating cash flow.

Why are you even here? Go have fun at /r/realtesla or on the TMC Elon forum.
I dont think this is helpful. This is an investors forum. not a fan club. Yelling at anyone criticising an aspect of the company (even Elon) to go someplce else is exactly how we make this an echo chamber and lose perpective.
I welcome opinions here that I may disagree with. Discussion is good.

It’s noticeable the difference in how many quality TMC posters that were here for last years annual meeting who are no longer here for this years meeting. The exodus was gradual, but now striking.
Implication being what, exactly?

I'd posit that it's because of the Mods draconian policies that drove away some of best thinkers here; what say you?

I'd heard Tesla Execs were visiting India again but now CNBC is suggesing they are considering setting up a manufacturing plant in India. I'm personally still sceptical as the tarif siutation hasn't been resolved, but we'll see if it has any legs this time.

TESLA IS CONSIDERING SETTING UP AN ADDITIONAL MANUFACTURING PLANT IN INDIA - CNBC-TV18, CITING SOURCES
This news lines up with the speculations that the tarif situation might be addressed by Tesla through a Gigafactory in South Korea supplying an assembly line in India through their Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement. The speculation was prompted by Elon meeting Yoon in DC and following Modi on Twitter a few weeks ago.

I dont think this is helpful. This is an investors forum. not a fan club. Yelling at anyone criticising an aspect of the company (even Elon) to go someplce else is exactly how we make this an echo chamber and lose perpective.
I welcome opinions here that I may disagree with. Discussion is good.
Yes, he does. He just don't give a F.
The problem in not different opinions.

It is statements presented as factual that indicate the poster's bias.

It becomes clear after many posts that one has a personal bias against either EM or the company.

IMHO when one has a glass half empty world view it tends to "spill over" and color everything with negativity.

The full hour long interview from CNBC.

The man’s humanity, intense honesty and extraordinary gifts are on display for all to see. I loved the pauses while he carefully thought about how to answer some of the tougher questions. Wide-ranging and excellent interview. I see why this interviewer was chosen, in a sense he set the benchmark for how interviewers need to proceed to get future interviews with Elon. Bravura performance, in part designed to spread the messages of the SM to a broader audience including people skeptical about Tesla (which is potentially the same strategy as Elon-style advertising).

So I guess even "investors" here think Tesla's share price is based on a random number generator decoupled from fundamentals.

You're right, Elon should tweet Tesla to 3 trillion market cap vs generating cash flow.
That's a perma ban wormhole topic right there so I won't go there. I think last years rout says everything that could be said on the topic.

Overall I liked last night...better than many previous. Keep the robots out of it though, great progress but given track record better keep it out until it can be sold. I wish they had discussed battery more...that's my greatest concern for the next 3 years.

he said (from memory).. I'll say what I want and if we lose money, I don't care. I'm not sure how else to interpret that other than him saying he doesn't care about the shareholders.
If you ignore the historical context of Elon's rather consistent stance with regard investors, and take that quote in isolation, you might draw that conclusion.

However, when you have watched and listened to him over the years, it's clear he values truth and honesty, and believes that "telling it like it is" is better for the company (and hence investors) long term, even if it causes perturbations in the short term. And given the company's performance, value, and outlook, it appears he's largely been right.

Overall I liked last night...better than many previous. Keep the robots out of it though, great progress but given track record better keep it out until it can be sold.

I disagree, I want to see more on Optimus. In fact I wish Tesla gave us regular updates on it's training and progress. Optimus is an incredibly promising aspect of both TSLA and Tesla's future, and I want to see and learn as much about it as I can.

In my opinion it has every right being front and present at a shareholder meeting.