Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About the most ill informed article I have ever read on EV's.

Uses a Lucid to go from NYC to Montreal. Plans on using overnight slow charging and still has issues. Not once does he mention the supercharger network. He states DC chargers are too rare and this trip could not be attempted before the Lucid was developed. Somehow references Aptera in the article as a light weight solution to improve efficiency for long range cars.

Articles like this is why many of us do not trust main stream media.

Without clicking on the WSJ article to read it in its entirety, I have to ask the question: was this some sort of non stop trip where, to prove some sort of anti EV point, the driver wears a diaper?

I think you overstate your case. I think that Americans who have accumulated funds in a tax-deferred account could trigger a 1-time tax event for more than $7,500 possibly by withdrawing as little as the amount needed to pay for the car itself. This makes the Tax Credit a DOUBLE-DEMAND Lever. :D
Most people who qualify as low income don't buy a new car and pay cash.

After hodling last 4years, Super bummed I had to sell a bunch early last month to close on a house. Will have to rebuy in at the next dip. Missed out this epic run last 2 weeks. Such poor timing.
@Nolimits
I would suggest the run was the last 3 weeks
1685815152930.png

Not to mention all the variety of accelerations one would feel as the vehicle performs it's various navigation maneuvers. Those G forces coming from random directions and completely unrelated to what you're viewing via headset, which prevents you from observing your actual surroundings with even your peripheral vision? To each, their own, but that sounds like turning RT into a VOMIT COMET! 🤢🤮🤢🤮
As someone who flew for three years (sub hunting) in the back of the Canadian version of the P3-C (update 2), I can confirm this observation.

Without clicking on the WSJ article to read it in its entirety, I have to ask the question: was this some sort of non stop trip where, to prove some sort of anti EV point, the driver wears a diaper?
I thought the article mostly fair. It is about the possibility of driving an EV to and from a destination without needing to charge along the way. The author picked the car with the most stated range (Lucid) to try to demonstrate. He does mention the Tesla MS as having the second highest range. His contention was that with charging for non-Teslas such a mess, it would be desirable not to have to charge along the way. His experience with the Lucid was that it could make it his 380 miles to destination, but just barely; getting just under 400 miles range in real driving conditions. The point of the article was not to praise or knock the Tesla charging network, but to see if another approach would work.

Most people who qualify as low income don't buy a new car and pay cash.

Likely accurate to a point. Though, over the years I've seen a disproportionate number of new cars parked outside of low-income housing.

This observation may be the exception rather than the rule, but it has left an impression that more low income folks may manage it somehow by shuffling their priorities differently than I do.

Personally, I fall squarely into your definition. After having owned 50-60 cars over half a century of driving only two of them were purchased new. When I buy my first Tesla that might make it three. :cool:

That's impressive!

Roughly the same number of motorcycles as well. (off-road and on)
Though of late I've stepped away from motorcycling and get my jollies riding an e-Mountain Bike on local trails I've maintained and built over the past couple of decades.

I really need to sell the two motorcycles and buy some more chairs with the money. 🤔

$10 Billion dollar bet that if this was a Tesla, it would be Global news.
Note, not once in the article do they mention the manufacturer or model.
Not even in the caption under the photos or video.
Ironically, one of the video clips was provided to the police came from Teslacam of a nearby Tesla. Correct, that wasn't mentioned either.
The children made it out alive thankfully.

Florida woman was shoplifting when her car with 2 children inside burst into flames, police say

Missed a chance to put Tesla in the title as that footage of it burning is from a white Model Y parked next to it.

notice the round steering wheel..
if Tesla's professional driver won't use a yoke, enough said
Funny you mentioned that. I reported to Tesla service that my yoke is showing signs of wear and they said they didn't have any replacement yokes in stock but would replace it with a round wheel at no charge. Or I can wait until mid July for a newer version they describe as having everything identical except for the materials.
I asked if I took the round one if I could keep the old yoke for a potential future purchaser when and if I sell. They said no, they keep it, but the price for a current version of the yoke is $1000, and the one that is being redone with different materials will be higher, but they don't know the final price.
Quite the predicament, keep the yoke or get a round wheel for free?
Not sure what I am going to do, as the ticket is still open.