Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yeah, I picked up my first Tesla at Fremont in February 2013, and used the Gilroy, Harris, Tejon, and Hawthorne Superchargers to get home to San Diego. Along the way, I took this picture:

1686336162310.png

The Eurozone is now officialy in a recession, Eurostat announced yesterday. But it’s a light one so far: 0.1% contraction in Q4 and 0.1% contraction in Q1 (revised downward). Inflation is not really letting up, fueled by huge wage increases (up to 10–15%) and the delayed effects of food and higher energy prices. The ECB is expected to keep raising interest rates. So Europe is doing worse than the US.

How does that affect Tesla? Sales so far this year are tracking much higher than last year. I’m not seeing discounts on Model 3 (which is remarkable, with Highland coming up). For Model Y I’m seeing only small discounts of a few hundreds euros, but most cars are not discounted.

Model S and X is a different story. After the €5k price drop at the beginning of Q2 there’s now an extra €8k discount on almost every S and X in inventory. There’s hundreds of them. Model S Plaid has come down from €139k to €125k and I’m seriously contemplating buying one. But Tesla’s trade-in offer of just €25k for my 5 year old Model S P100D is still holding me back, along with some other things.

Thanks. I was really scratching my head there for a while. How the heck was the US going to go into a recession and Europe was going to avoid one, which is what news stories were saying about 4 months ago. Answer: They were full of crap, as usual.

Pretty sure you can call them up and say "don't ever lend my shares" and they have to legally oblige.
Ya, I put it in writing, but I left off the cheese ball part. (If there's anything I learned from @Krugerrand - it's to always be nice if you want that other test drive, or to get the results you deserve! 🤣)

Happy Friday everyone. Summer's gonna be more fun now I think, finger's crossed.

Yeah, I picked up my first Tesla at Fremont in February 2013, and used the Gilroy, Harris, Tejon, and Hawthorne Superchargers to get home to San Diego. Along the way, I took this picture:

View attachment 945403

I did the same thing in February 2013. Had to hope that the single Supercharger stall at Harris Ranch wasn’t occupied back then…and it never was!

You all got a huge head start. No way I could afford one back then. But later, it was the drive on our Model 3 that cause me to severely invest in TSLA. I imagine/ the Model S was the same way. The future had arrived and you knew the secret that so few knew about! I imagine this keeps happening with every first drive, where the next topic is how to buy some TSLA.

BTW, with regard to Tesla suing Rivian and Rivian's likelihood of joining the NACS standard, I would rate it as highly unlikely unless Rivian settles its lawsuit with Tesla. Here's the latest update I could find about it ... basically the lawsuit is stuck in legal procedural hell with motions and counter motions going back and forth: Tesla sues Rivian: The Expanding Lawsuit.

I'm confused:

Tesla has the EV lead in tech? Thought it was GM or Toyota..CNBC admitting Tesla is the leader? Time to buy some lottery tix after work :)

View attachment 945104

Not surprisingly this is NOT Lora Presstitute Kolodny's article.

I'm just repeating what he's said, plus you can see it in several of his vids.

Oh well, I don't think we have too long to wait for Level 3 anyway. But I doubt seriously that Tesla's Level 3 (or more) will be conditional like MB. IMHO their "solution" is an accident waiting to happen... even if they pay for it
Nope. Lying is okay for journalists and media, but I guess we have some standards here.

On almost all of his videos I have seen in the last year or so, he has clearly identified where the interventions have happened (if any) and nothing to do with slight of knee turning the wheel.

BTW, with regard to Tesla suing Rivian and Rivian's likelihood of joining the NACS standard, I would rate it as highly unlikely unless Rivian settles its lawsuit with Tesla. Here's the latest update I could find about it ... basically the lawsuit is stuck in legal procedural hell with motions and counter motions going back and forth: Tesla sues Rivian: The Expanding Lawsuit.
this wont end well for rivian already a niche product getting further reduced ... while amazon needs to decide if EVs are a good use of capital relative to AI

Reactions: Drumheller
If the DJ is listening, I'd like to request some Whale song please.

Just hoping we don't have to suffer through another boring 3.x% day as we crank the number of green days up to 11.

EDIT: Thank you
whale-noises.gif

Wow, volume is just shy of 200 million today. 11 up days in a row and tied for the record.

Have a great weekend everybody! :cool:

Last edited:
You all got a huge head start. No way I could afford one back then. But later, it was the drive on our Model 3 that cause me to severely invest in TSLA. I imagine/ the Model S was the same way. The future had arrived and you knew the secret that so few knew about! I imagine this keeps happening with every first drive, where the next topic is how to buy some TSLA.
Same for me. S was not possible back then for me. Played with the stock in small ways in 2015-17 but wasn't until I took delivery of my P3 in August 18 that I started going all in. Would have been nice if I had waited until Mid 2019 as I'd have twice as much but hey, I can't complain.