Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People generally don't think "hey I want a $3 soda" and end up buying some gas. They need gas and get sold a $3 soda. By controlling the charging Tesla controls the customer. Given Tesla's fanatical desire to control everything, I don't think they'll be happy leasing out space in the corner of somebody else's gas station. At some point, they'll have a little free time to develop some kind of convenience store model and incorporate it into what, maybe 50K charging centers/RT depots/convenience stores. Lots of lottery tickets out there to be sold.:)

With pre-ordering from the in car screen so your order is bagged up and ready to go when you run in to use the restroom.

As production increases, inventory will increase at the same rate. (consider that inventory includes vehicles in transit on trucks, ships, and rail)

As long as the ratio of production to inventory is relatively consistent, no worries.

That data shows Inventory is doubling every quarter, is that what is happening to production also? Where is the data?

People generally don't think "hey I want a $3 soda" and end up buying some gas. They need gas and get sold a $3 soda. By controlling the charging Tesla controls the customer. Given Tesla's fanatical desire to control everything, I don't think they'll be happy leasing out space in the corner of somebody else's gas station. At some point, they'll have a little free time to develop some kind of convenience store model and incorporate it into what, maybe 50K charging centers/RT depots/convenience stores. Lots of lottery tickets out there to be sold.:)
If in 5 years this plays out smoothly, I can actually see Elon wanting to stick it to Buffett, create a new type of candy and sell it at the chargers ;)

Forward Observing

Reuters; Toyota Unveils Sweeping Plans for new battery tech, EV innovation ~ I bought my first Toyota back in 1975, beautiful Celica ~ looked better than a Ford Mustang; meaning it looked like a Mustang. Toyota moved forward to knock the socks off GM and Ford along with many other automakers of the day. Fossil fuel industry/complex was in full swing. Yesterday VW stated it would not compete with Tesla, and today Toyota has a new road map to whip Tesla’s assembly line.

Question ~ is Toyota a one trick pony or merely compete to hang onto something called market share ~ until now they competed in an unchanging world dominated by the fossil fuel complex.

Cheers

MajorBS

Last edited:
Times like these when TSLA up 13 days straight which has never happened before, i focus on weekly charts to see where we are at. weekly and monthly charts look real good to me and weekly TSLA going into major bollinger breakout similar to late 2019 or early 2013 . most inexperienced traders took profits too early during those times. $400+ very likely in my opinion within a matter of weeks to few months tops.
not trading advice

You are missing one point - once FSD is level 5, it will play out more like this “i’m in the mood of another $5 beer…”
Plus people will need many more bathroom breaks…

I don't see why everyone is so excited about so many up days in a row. We're still well below where we were 1.5 years ago. Give me another $150 and then I'll be satisfied.

Yeah, we still have a long way to go in this uncertain market. It doesn't feel like this recent run up will hold after July if the Fed hikes again, which they probably will. But this is all good preparations for a solid recovery in 2024 and a share price of over $300 sometime next year.

Of course, if we cross $300 in 2023 I certainly won't be complaining about it... :cool:

Utility access and land challenges aside, I'd think a convenience store at a lonely freeway exit would want to purchase or lease a Supercharger for some insurance. Tesla did this in the past with businesses (wanting some lower form of charging system, I forget the capacity).

(Edit: What am I thinking, Cortez Junction on I17 added SC to their Gas Station a couple years ago. They had the room in that case. )

Question is - should Tesla offer it if the gas station pays the install and land?
Does it promote ICE by keeping gas stations and junk food around longer?
Or does it help offer additional convenience and charging access for EV customers who must have a Big Gulp?

Last edited:
Elon is showing some love to our friend @Krugerrand
1686672182247.png

At some level I came to the same conclusion early in life and avoided the stock market entirely, not wanting to lose due to essentially criminals running the show. Instead putting my savings into metals as an inflation hedge.

It wasn't until I was reaching retirement age and began learning about Tesla that I saw the potential to invest into something that might overwhelm the headwinds faced against the advantages held by the insiders.
Perhaps you are unaware. As several of us here have pointed out over the past few years, the actual mechanics of trading by the "insiders/entitled" (i.e.,The introduction of the Madoff exemption in the early 2000's and the repeal of the uptick rule in 2007) are the "legal" tools by which these thieves manipulate. It is encouraging to see criminals like Citadel and others starting to be called out. Also, I believe there is a movement in the Senate to sh1t-can Gensler. Maybe we're witnessing the start of something good. GLTA