Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe Tesla will spin off its charging Network into a separate company and give tesla shareholders stock in the new company, any thoughts?
Only people I see wanting that to happen are those who would love to use the Supercharger network because it works but due to some twisted moral stance won't use anything that is Tesla

Not gonna happen, haters can keep going to EA and maybe charging, not saying this about you, just the general sense of the arguments that are against adopting NACS, specially from Rivian owners

Why would Tesla lose control?

Tesla is known for their vertical integration. Any proposal to spin-off the SpC network is counter to the entire DNA of the company as it constitutes only (selfish) shareholder short-term wants with zero long-term vision.

ZERO chance this happens. And I'm not rounding down, literally 0.000000000000000000000000000% chance.

This thread is about Tesla and TSLA. All posts directed toward news outlets will be strictly confined to affirming or refuting specific articles, headlines and topics.

There has developed a slow drip of posts asserting that there is something akin to a conspiracy of Fake News! that is at once repugnant, unseemly, off-topic and at a very long stretch, barely holding a modicum of truth. And as all know, there are one or two sites on the internet where such concepts can fester. This is not one of them.

All Moderators are directed to treat any more such posts with the opprobrium they deserve.

The only thing higher than TSLA today is is the Volatility Index VIX. Nice.

History tells us that whenever TSLA moves above the Artful Bollinger Bands, there is downward pressure on the stock. We are here again. Thank goodness I simply hold and don't have to worry about timing the market. Overall trajectory for TSLA remains positive. Drop if any should be temporary as TSLA grows into it's valuation.

Sea change in the markets is coming. TSLA is well prepared to handle the storm with many catalysts to drive higher.

View attachment 948954
I liked this edit of your chart better: Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable what has happened since then ? Do you still anticipate recession to kick in later this year ?

Only people I see wanting that to happen are those who would love to use the Supercharger network because it works but due to some twisted moral stance won't use anything that is Tesla

Not gonna happen, haters can keep going to EA and maybe charging, not saying this about you, just the general sense of the arguments that are against adopting NACS, specially from Rivian owners

But you say that like it's a bad thing...;)

Maybe Tesla will spin off its charging Network into a separate company and give tesla shareholders stock in the new company, any thoughts?
Yes. I have repeatedly suggested this over the years. I think it would be a wise strategic, and profitable, move. Side benefit would be the sweet smell of burnt hair emanating from those trying to locate shares that don't yet exist ( I.,e., if shares in a new company would be distributed to TSLA holders.)

Yes. I have repeatedly suggested this over the years. I think it would be a wise strategic, and profitable, move. Side benefit would be the sweet smell of burnt hair emanating from those trying to locate shares that don't yet exist ( I.,e., if shares in a new company would be distributed to TSLA holders.)
Terrible idea. We want people charging at Tesla branded chargers not some other company.

MASSIVE disagree from me on this one. Keep superchargers owned by Tesla, particularly now that they will be the standard in the US.

I think you are on to something! Once other manufacturers start using Tesla's Supercharger network, the media can start using that as suspect for all issues and recalls they are experiencing!

"Popular Hyundai SUV is shutting off out of nowhere on drivers...Tesla Supercharger network suspected as the cause "
or
"Ford recalling 18 electric F-150 Lightning pickup trucks after battery fire...Tesla Supercharger network suspected as the cause "

This stuff almost writes itself....

Apparently it is the Integrated Control Charging Unit that allows Bidirectional charging. It would be interesting to know the design flaw

Terrible idea. We want people charging at Tesla branded chargers not some other company.
I expected such an uninformed, simplistic response to the idea of a spinoff. Who said anything about losing the branded chargers? There is no reason why the spinoff company, made up of a majority of TSLA shareholders, can't be named Tesla Charging Network, Inc. Look up the history of Thermo Electron. (Probably before your time). They spun off several companies from their diversified holdings. All named Thermo "something", Inc.

Look up the history of Thermo Electron. (Probably before your time). They spun off several companies from their diversified holdings. All named Thermo "something", Inc.
So a company most people have never heard of is your example of "good branding" from a spinoff? No thanks, I'll stay simplistic on this one.

I expected such an uninformed, simplistic response to the idea of a spinoff. Who said anything about losing the branded chargers? There is no reason why the spinoff company, made up of a majority of TSLA shareholders, can't be named Tesla Charging Network, Inc. Look up the history of Thermo Electron. (Probably before your time). They spun off several companies from their diversified holdings. All named Thermo "something", Inc.

So answer this: what would be the benefit for Tesla to spin off the Supercharging network into it's own business?