Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Widespread naked short selling is a "loony conspiracy theory" according to Forbes. I don't know if they allow a small number of reads by non-subscribers.

For a trustworthy article a reference would have been been made to firms that have received a penalty by the SEC for naked shortselling.
But that would be contradictory to the 'naked short selling is a loony conspiracy theory' story, right? :rolleyes:

Widespread naked short selling is a "loony conspiracy theory" according to Forbes. I don't know if they allow a small number of reads by non-subscribers.

The mere fact that consistent proof cannot be brought makes most cases intended to address the negative aspects of naked short selling nearly impossible to win.

Add to this how people do have a tendency to place faith in boogeymen without expending the time and effort to prove it. It is easier this way, and satisfies a person's need to quickly explain the inexplicable.

Think of this as a corollary to "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." ― Arthur C. Clarke

Any complex system involving the vagaries of chaos theory will turn such an investigation into a "find the needle in the haystack" endeavor. Except that the haystack to be searched is also part of a tornado. The variables involved change faster than they can be analyzed.

Still, there is a fundamental problem in the very idea of being able to buy or sell imaginary shares. Granted, before millisecond data transfer was a thing, the time and distance factor for conducting a trade required a buffer. Carrying the order to the market by horseback certainly was a problem that had to be addressed in order for traders to participate from anywhere. Options offered a reasonable solution to that problem.

Perhaps a problem which no longer exists no longer needs a solution.

It seems the primary purpose of time-delay in trading today is often still being used as a buffer, but the mechanisms are different and have opened up what would otherwise be a fair market to exploitation by savvy traders whose motivation is completely detached from any interest in the fundamentals of the stock being traded.

They don't care about whether or not their trades cause damage to a company worthy of preservation, or, stoke the fires for a company which would otherwise go bankrupt if left to its own devices.

The problem is more one of ethics and conscience, or, the lack thereof. Another human trait that a subset of the race will gravitate toward because it appears as a shortcut to bolster their survival. This cognitive bias toward choosing to harm others in order to survive is a "path of least resistance" problem, and is the basis of nearly all criminal activity. This sort of problem cannot be solved in a courtroom, it can only be solved through education in adherence to the basic principles necessary for a polite society to exist.

Lets just say I'm not holding my breath waiting for this to be quickly resolved. Instead, I accept that there be dragons here, and do my best to avoid troubled waters. Doing so by avoiding falling into the trap of thinking I can demonstrate with fact the existence of a dragon, which will always remain elusive. By its very nature, the dragon exists primarily in the vast number of variables determined by individuals' choices.

I believe in people's propensity for making poor choices for what appears to them in the moment to be good reasons.

People, are a problem.

HODL

Last edited:
Current TA snapshot TSLA daily
50 day SMA at $194.80
200day sma $195.65
IMG_3075.jpeg

Even though the golden cross will happen quite soon, still seems clear to me that the stock is due for a pullback to the 225 area in the near term. Likely next week leading into the P/D numbers
i think pullback is already over $250 was pullback
but you may be right
i am mostly wrong in short term, right in longer term

$300 and subsequently $400+ is simply a matter of when, and not if. in my opinion, likely to happen within next 12 to 14 weeks, probably much earlier
$600 to $700+ could be in cards by September/October 2023
all this pure speculation on my part based on TA
50-50 probability, flip a coin
not to be taken seriously
not investment/financial advice

PS: NVDA was trading at $262 on april 25, 2023 and now at $431
but that will never ever happen to TSLA
so short away with great confidence

Sent out by Tesla? This is a TOGUK event but I don't know that Telsa themselves are promoting it.
Tesla email address ([email protected]). TOGUK (Tesla Owners' Group United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) - I'm not a member and I've never given them an email address.

Tesla and TOGUK working together at events (and also at Fully Charged Show I think) shows a slight change in approach and engagement from Tesla in the UK and I welcome it.

I've had 8 emails from [email protected] this year, but only 7 in all previous years (2021/2, nothing before). This is the only event email, but some for test drives, shop, Tesla inventory, Tesla support chat and how to use a Tesla (features, Supercharger). Considering how close to the event it is, it would have made sense to send out emails earlier.

Its crazy to me that AMZN has a PE of 300 and is up 3% today…yet people are screaming TSLA bubble at a PE of 76 🤷‍♂️ Don’t even get me started on PEG ratio comps

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 12.24.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-22 at 12.20.50 PM.png

P/E at time of this post:
F...........19.55
BLK......20.99
APPL....31.54
MSFT....36.52
DIS.......40.01
TSLA....75.46
BRK-A.101.98
NVDA.223.34
AMD...617.73

Specific to TSLA, link to historical P/E chart below. TSLA topped out at $1,120.11 on Dec 31/20 and was as low as $34.03 on Dec 31/22. IMO <$50 would be another good entry buy point. With each successive year for TSLA, the P/E should expect to drop, expect P/E of $25-$30 by 2030 when growth rate is expected to slow (Tesla will still be growing, but unlikely to be growing by 40% - 50% per year after 2030).

Tesla email address ([email protected]). TOGUK (Tesla Owners' Group United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland) - I'm not a member and I've never given them an email address.

Tesla and TOGUK working together at events (and also at Fully Charged Show I think) shows a slight change in approach and engagement from Tesla in the UK and I welcome it.

I've had 8 emails from [email protected] this year, but only 7 in all previous years (2021/2, nothing before). This is the only event email, but some for test drives, shop, Tesla inventory, Tesla support chat and how to use a Tesla (features, Supercharger). Considering how close to the event it is, it would have made sense to send out emails earlier.
Weird. I've never had an email from "[email protected]" despite owning 3 Teslas and being a member of TOGUK. I've had plenty of marketing emails from other Tesla addresses, but not that one.