Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New for me. UK, email sent out by Tesla in conjunction with Tesla UK Owners' Club event - but other events listed. I don't remember any similar emails, events might have happened before, but I'm not aware. Includes bookable Mobile Technician appointments at an event.

1687435141117.png

1687435331094.png

Widespread naked short selling is a "loony conspiracy theory" according to Forbes. I don't know if they allow a small number of reads by non-subscribers.

Tesla is a global business, wth global clients. Whilst the shareholder base is hugely US-skewed and so hugely US-markets and US-economy biased, there are non-trivial non-US shareholders and not all of them are in Canada.

US inflation may be about to fall sharply, but outside of USA inflation is by no means over. The UK is perhaps an outlier as inflation is still rising (and a recession cannot be ruled out; and UK has some particular gunshot wounds of its own making), but wider Eurozone inflation is not yet dead (and some key countries have flirted with technical recessions).

I appreciate that some around here are into political messaging with all the talk about "Darth Powell" (which is imho both childish and unwarranted) and seeking to make a direct connection between US Fed interest rate decisions and TSLA share price. Hence the focus on inflation data. Whilst in the short term there may well be such a share price connection, in the medium term the much more important driver of shareprice is business performance. That in turn is quite heavily influenced by overall economic performance of the key Tesla markets, and a good economic performance cannot be taken for granted at this point. I appreciate that a weak economic performance may relatively damage Tesla's competitors more than it does damage to Tesla, but in absolute terms that would still be bad for Tesla in the short and medium term (though perhaps not in the longer term).

Anyway ..... my underlying point is : keep an eye on what goes on outside USA as well as inside USA. The soft patch is by no means over yet. Don't over-fixate on the Fed.

Also, keep in mind how, in the end, Darth Vader did the right thing. 🤔

New for me. UK, email sent out by Tesla in conjunction with Tesla UK Owners' Club event - but other events listed. I don't remember any similar emails, events might have happened before, but I'm not aware. Includes bookable Mobile Technician appointments at an event.

View attachment 949817
View attachment 949818
Sent out by Tesla? This is a TOGUK event but I don't know that Telsa themselves are promoting it.

Here ya go, for all those wondering about different levels of FSD hardware. Yes, there will be continuous HW improvements over time. Shocking, I know.

So assuming we won't have Robotaxis before FSD is safer than a human, should we also assume that we won't see them until HW5 then? That also sounds like the dedicated RT and maybe new small car will have HW5 at launch.

Widespread naked short selling is a "loony conspiracy theory" according to Forbes. I don't know if they allow a small number of reads by non-subscribers.
Oh no, poor Wall Street. 😥

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: jkirkwood001
Banks that have investment ARM's make a nice living on naked shorting....until....they are about to go bankrupt, then they go crying to the SEC to put a halt on short selling on their bank.

Initial Jobless Claims and Existing Home Sales came in at around consensus (forecast).
This is good.
Higher jobless claims and lower home sales would have indicated higher risk of recession.
Lower jobless claims and higher home sales would have indicated more rate hikes to come.
Coming in at forecast is a goldilocks scenario, imo.

1687443329600.png

Initial Jobless Claims and Existing Home Sales came in at around consensus (forecast).
This is good.
Higher jobless claims and lower home sales would have indicated higher risk of recession.
Lower jobless claims and higher home sales would have indicated more rate hikes to come.
Coming in at forecast is a goldilocks scenario, imo.

View attachment 949832
Nice to see you back here!