Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the season is half way over and so far this is a much better year than last. Fresh off a 13 game winning streak, Tesla has now won 4 in a row. They are currently 24 games over 0.500 which is the highest number all season. Can they keep the mojo (not to be confused with GoJo) going in the second half of the season?

Today
Close:261.77
Margin of W/L:4.27
Volume:112,458,235
High - Low:4.56
Close/52 week high:83.2%
Season
Record:74-500.597
Total margin of wins:400.68
Total margin of losses:-262.09
YTD gain/loss:138.59112.5%
Best Win:17.63Jan 27
Worst Loss:-17.60Apr 20
Last 10:7-3
Streak:W4
Avg margin of victory:5.41
Avg margin of defeat:-5.24
Avg Volume:158,274,610
Avg Volume of Last 10:168,394,826
Avg High - Low:8.64
Avg H - L of Last 10:11.55

sroh

Ya, I'm still using donut cushions whenever I sit from the last time he tweeted something similar.

I really hope this is not a specific warning. Guess we'll find out on Sunday.

Strictly in regard to furniture, I remain steadfast in my aim to avoid steering conversation toward the current price of chairs and will find it quite acceptable should others follow suit.

Nor will I offer comment upon any particular direction of travel of same, and whether such is sustained, or not.

HODL
What about couches? I hear you can sometimes find chairs in your couchs (not like I would anything about that)...

That's the big one for me right there.

I don't know if Texas's grid has been fixed (?) in the last few years...but a good part of the state went down when it was too cold, and then months later went down again because it was too hot. If Tesla can buffer themselves for some protection from that sort of event, that would be great.

Whether or not Tesla has immediate customers for those megapacks, I'd say it's better planning for the factory as a whole, and therefore Tesla as a company/stock, to install as much solar and battery back-up as they need, as soon as they can. As Tesla fans and TSLA hodlers, thinking on it a bit, I think most of us would prefer Tesla forego $$$ in revenue now, in exchange for protecting a gigafactory from unpredictable (well, sortof predictable, if Texas hasn't fixed their grid), unplanned shutdowns.

I'm not hoping for another catastrophe for Texas...but imagine the positives if nationwide news is: "Texas without power...but Tesla factory still running, and workers PREFER to be there since they can't run their AC at home."
Also IMO, this is a great beta testing environment while still inside the North American grid system…if the kinks can be worked out here within a stable grid, then the template for uses in unstable grid environments will have been proven prior to a “live fire” exercise.

Okay, I want to review this quarterly game of guesses, just to make sure I understand the rules.

• A Consensus will be determined by many of the same analysts who cannot ever seem to understand anything about Tesla

• The "consensus" may or may not have anything to do with actual Tesla projections, actual Tesla production, or any salient facts at all

• After Tesla reveals the facts, which usually align with their annual projections, the analysts will judge Tesla against their own guesses

• If the guesses are higher than the actual facts, Tesla is determined to have "missed" (as opposed to what really happened, the analysts missed)

• If the guesses are lower than the actual facts, Tesla is determined to have "beat" (presumably, this means Tesla beat the analysts)

• Though the beatings continue intermittently it has been repeatedly demonstrated how, despite the frequency of the beatings, the analysts' abilities are unlikely to improve. Though the morale of the HODLers usually does improve post-analyst-shellacking.
Please let me know if I may have "missed" anything here.
Maybe you could get a job as a stand up comedian?

I might come out of early retirement and apply for this job lol. The shift hours suck though.

Seriously, this means FSD Beta is getting tested the world over. Worldwide launch is imminent (job description says its a temp job for 3 months).

edit: some discussion that this wouldn't be an in car view it might be an in phone app view?

Not sure why you'd want it to show all 5 at once in the car?

You can already get 3 of those 5 in car, at the same time, just by turning on the backup cam which shows the rear and side repeaters- and they're fairly useful for backing up/side clearance in reverse.... but otherwise-

The other 2 cameras that app view is offering are.... the front camera, which can't really see any better than you can if you're in the car... and the interior camera which...doesn't seem useful to display while you're sitting there?

Last edited:
Also IMO, this is a great beta testing environment while still inside the North American grid system…if the kinks can be worked out here within a stable grid, then the template for uses in unstable grid environments will have been proven prior to a “live fire” exercise.
Using your own product is a great way to find any bugs and get real world experience. And for a sales pitch they can say “ hey it has kept our factory running 24/7 even with the crappy Ercot power grid”

Aunt Cathie sold another 72K shares today.

Smh.

I don't understand the benefit of posting these kind of sales as if they are news. (same with Tesla employee routine sales)

Doesn't everyone already know that fund managers are mandated by policy to sell when a stock becomes too high a percentage of the fund? Kathie W. and Ron Baron have each explained this several times. As have others.

Perhaps this was posted to indicate it as a Bullish sign because the sale is due to the rapid rise of the SP. 🤷‍♂️ If so, well, that's okay, but, just say that. 🤔

Last edited:
I don't understand the benefit of posting these kind of sales as if they are news. (same with Tesla employees routine sales)

Doesn't everyone already know that fund managers are mandated by policy to sell when a stock becomes too high a percentage of the fund? Kathie W. and Ron Baron have each explained this several times. As have others.

Perhaps this was posted to indicate it as a Bullish sign because the sale is due to the rapid rise of the SP. 🤷‍♂️ If so, well, that's okay, but, just say that. 🤔
And even after this, TSLA is still 11.2% of the ARKK holdings (the largest holding). Cathy was keeping the max holding of any one stock to around 10% at one point.

Matt Risinger of The Build Show has expressed interest in reviewing CT. He recently did a solid solar roof review. Please give him some encouragement if on the twitters. Mod: DO NOT use this thread for ANY marketing OR promoting purposes, whether yours or others’. Not of any kind. I‘d really like to see tradies opening up a new EV segment, rather than CTs mostly going to existing Tesla fans. It’s about optimising the ratio of load carried electrically to load carried with fossils. Cheers.

Interesting, now we have some Nvidia's H100 performance review vs the A100.

Nvidia H100
700W TDP
BF16 performance compared to A100: 3.2X

Dojo D1 Chip
400W TDP
BF16 performance compared to A100(with Tesla compiler): 3.2X-4X

Looks like D1 Chip has similar performance as Nvidia's latest but using almost half the power. Performance going off chip will be magnitude greater with Dojo's chip on wafer design. This is actually pretty incredible!

Interesting, now we have some Nvidia's H100 performance review vs the A100.

Nvidia H100
700W TDP
BF16 performance compared to A100: 3.2X

Dojo D1 Chip
400W TDP
BF16 performance compared to A100(with Tesla compiler): 3.2X-4X

Looks like D1 Chip has similar performance as Nvidia's latest but using almost half the power. Performance going off chip will be magnitude greater with Dojo's chip on wafer design. This is actually pretty incredible!

🤩

Could you share the source where you got Dojo‘s performance from?