Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_2522.jpeg

The numbers for S and X are amazing! Big congrats to all TSLA hodlers 😃

View attachment 952723

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but when I look at these numbers I see Tesla in a beautiful position, a production doubling in waiting.
Texas and Berlin are lagging Shanghai by 180k each per qtr.
If project highland boosts model 3 capacity by another 100k per qtr , that’s 460k/qtr of untapped capacity.
The next doubling could happen fast, given no new factories required. Cell supply is back to being the limiting factor, yes?
Hopefully the earnings report will include some good news on 4680 ramp.
Cybertruck for show. FSD capable cars for dough.

Berlin could not do an additional 180k without new buildings (which are planned but not under construction). So while technically I guess you are right that no new factories would be needed, they´ll still have to go through permitting and building which unfortunately takes time. But less than starting new factory altogether.

WS loves beats. But this SP pop is about more than just 20,000 additional cars sold.

It’s a continuation of the Great Awakening that started when Ford and GM adopted the Tesla charging standard.

While some WS players still don’t get it, most now understand two key things we’ve known for years:

1) Tesla’s EV lead is not going to be erased any time soon;

2) Tesla is more than a car company.

The average WS Joe didn’t believe either of those things last year. But now that the fog is lifting, the greed is starting to twitch.

Cheers to the longs. We saw this coming.

The most interesting stat from June car sales in Norway is that people keep their old cars for longer. The number of demolished cars is down by 8% compared to last year.

Apart from that it's becoming repetitive - Tesla Model Y with 20.1% of the market with 3.127 sold, next in line is VW ID.4 with 7.6% or 1176 cars sold. 82.2% of cars sold in June are EVs.

ofv_june23.png

Most cars on this list are EVs - except for the Toyota's RAV4 and Yaris.

Source: Registreringsstatistikken

James Stephenson is so damn insufferable he's the Gordon Johnson of Tesla Bulls.
Now that is what I call an insult!

Am I the only one that can't celebrate today I celebrated previously at $300 $350 and $400 so now I can't celebrate those numbers again.
$420 is going to be an epic celebration for me and I'm guessing many others. May I suggest a TMC party.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the Moderator help. It seems most likely that the message I received was not sent from a Moderator at all, but was a fake. I feel as though I’ve failed to recognize a fake.
Another lesson I wish I’d never have to have learned.
Whenever you see a piece of email you don't like, always look at the full headers to be sure it comes from who you think it does. The IP address will give it away.

Whenever you see a piece of email you don't like, always look at the full headers to be sure it comes from who you think it does. The IP address will give it away.
Do moderator's direct e-mail?
I thought legit communication would be DM/ conversation/ notification and the only e-mail would be an alert of the convo/DM with link back to site.
Traceability and accountability.

True. Ones purporting to be from banks are ubiquitous in many countries now.
FWIW, this one was within TMC. As we all know fakes are becoming better and proliferating often using AI-aided tools. With a background including anti-fraud with banks I’m acutely aware and chagrined. Sad that such things can happen here.

Do moderator's direct e-mail?
I thought legit communication would be DM/ conversation/ notification and the only e-mail would be an alert of the convo/DM with link back to site.
Traceability and accountability.
That's what full headers are for, but the only one that is important is the one that is just before your mail server receives it (it's possible to fake others).

S/X sales were good so I am surprised by the decision not to produce RHD models. Anybody have any idea why they decided to do this?
I think there are a number of reasons that add up to it not being worth it:
  • Half the number of variants but only a small percentage of sales
  • FSD LHD in RHD market is more acceptable now even pre hands-off
  • Cybertruck coming will Osborn sales
  • Too big for UK and several other RHD markets
  • Simplifies offering in UK etc. by not pushing them online or in store
  • Don't need to put them in stores or promote test drives
  • Y and 3 are going upmarket starting with Highland

Reactions: EVMeister and MD70
That's what full headers are for, but the only one that is important is the one that is just before your mail server receives it (it's possible to fake others).
Yeah, I know about e-mail validation.
My query is whether mods would be direct e-mailing at all versus using the forum methods in which case there would be a username associated unless the message was only embedded in a post edit/ removal notification. In which case, the author may be anonymous, but still validated as a mod/ admin.

Put another way, is e-mail even in play?
@unk45 what medium was the message in?
I just received this message from a Moderator who chose not to be identified: