Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I've been constantly reading about is Tesla's "price war"....I originally thought it was just due to MM bias/spin. Now, this says Elon actually signed something? Correct me if I am wrong, but Tesla's "price war" is simply price elasticity and market conditions. Tesla has to adjust their prices to ensure that all their increasing production gets sold. You seek the maximum margin that moves all your product...isn't that way you're supposed to run a business? In the current economy, at Tesla's current production rates, 30%+ margins aren't possible. This is not a "war", it's common sense.
China is supposed to be a communist country still. I suspect BYD have asked the government to intervene. Great for Tesla as they will have huge flexibility. Worst case, margins will be huge and they will export more.

Has anyone seen or read the MOU to understand how Tesla could restricted? Will gen 3 be priced at any price but then not reduced?

Others will too much money and too little discipline invariably fail. It's strange that comfortable finance diminishes discipline, but it seems to be an absolute rule.

I'll be pleased if somebody knows exceptions.
Iā€™m sure thereā€™s an exception somewhere on the planet, but Iā€™m not privy. Look at all the lottery winners who blow it all. Trust fund babies.

If you havenā€™t had to work as a kid for an allowance, get a part time job before it was technically legal for you to work, pay rent to your parents, havenā€™t had to work hard and struggle a bit to feed and house yourself, make tough choices between needs and wants etcā€¦, you tend not to have a solid grasp of managing or valuing money. This applies to companies. More is not necessarily better.

Tesla wants tighter emissions rules, ensuring >69% of new US vehicles are pure EV in 2032.

Nope. TSLA ticker spelled wrong this morning. Would be much gooder if it was spelled LCID, RIVN, NKLA!? or even NIO.

Liars and Taggers and Bares, Oh my Oy vey! :D

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 954035
Are these chargers with the cables wrapped around the outside the latest 250KW chargers?
Given all info we have, those are V4 Stalls, not V4 Superchargers

Tesla was really careful with the language when they unveiled them, meaning that when V4 Superchargers launches, those probably will be the stalls used, but currently they still use the V3 backend, meaning for all practical purposes it's a V3 Supercharger

edit: I was wrong, as said above, the pic is from Urban SuC, but the point still stands, as far as we know there is no V4 Superchargers operational other than inside Tesla secret dungeon for testing

Tesla wants tighter emissions rules, ensuring >69% of new US vehicles are pure EV in 2032.

Er Ma Gerd šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³ Tesla is at odds with other auto makers? Say it ain't so!

You mean Tesla isn't aligned with the status quo? (as if this is breaking news šŸ¤Æ)

What will we do? Sell, Sell, Sell... or ...

Nothing to see here, just keep HODLing along little dogies. Yee-Ha šŸ¤ 

šŸ„šŸ®šŸ„ <-- Cash cows

If you made 8 referrals would you sell your vehicle (with FSD) and buy new (without FSD but 2 years of free subscription)?
If anyone needed to be more bullish on FSD... with the change of the referral program they removed the ability to outright purchase FSD. You could previously purchase FSD for like 150,000 credits and now you can only buy 3 months worth for 10,000 credits.

Last edited:
View attachment 954035
Are these chargers with the cables wrapped around the outside the latest 250KW chargers?
No, they are the urban 72 kW Super chargers. More info on them here and here.

The v4 Superchargers are much bigger and taller and say "TESLA" on them rather than just the red logo. Also, the handle/connector latches onto the middle of the pedestal when not in use on a v4 (because it is bigger) and not at the top like a Urban Supercharger.

1688756116542.png

Last edited:
TSLA current daily setup 8 trading days prior to ER looks somewhat similar to December 13, 2019
I have no idea what next 34 trading days will bring.
What is also interesting is that one YouTube analyst "Meet Kevin" just said yesterday morning that the recent trend of pre-market being red but then closing green is similar to Oct 2021.

Things might be looking bullish but who really knows what is going to happen now. šŸ¤ž