Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Goldman Sachs put the signal up when they set price target to 275 at the beginning of the week.

That's the only hesitation I have with staying invested in TSLA. The stock is owned by the banks and market makers. Will it always be that way?
If only there was some way to (legally) circumvent them. I expect this thought process road has been traversed by shiftier people than I
perhaps a good exercise for an AI to ponder to avoid poor outcomes

Actually, TSLA has a remarkably large portion of retail shareholders compared to its peers:

Goldman Sachs put the signal up when they set price target to 275 at the beginning of the week.

That's the only hesitation I have with staying invested in TSLA. The stock is owned by the banks and market makers. Will it always be that way?
Actually TSLA is one of the mega caps that retail owns a majority of. In the words of Barron's article 'Tesla is the stock of the people'. On low volume days <120m, I feel it can be pushed around easily with algos and market makers trying to make quick profits. TSLA is the most heavy/lucrative option market for a company stock. The next highest company is not anywhere close (aapl, NVDA, etc). That adds to price swings on low volume days.

Reuters through Yahoo - 2:12 pm EDT:
UAW wants EPA to soften vehicle emissions plan

Excerpts:

...The UAW said the "EPA must recognize that the current domestic auto assembly footprint is heavily weighted towards the profitable light-duty truck and SUVs that are tasked with funding the EV transition." Last year, nearly 60% of all vehicles produced by unionized automakers in the United States were pickups or SUVs...

...The UAW in May said it was not yet endorsing Biden for reelection, citing his electric vehicle policies...

Excerpts:

...The UAW said the "EPA must recognize that the current domestic auto assembly footprint is heavily weighted towards the profitable light-duty truck and SUVs that are tasked with funding the EV transition." Last year, nearly 60% of all vehicles produced by unionized automakers in the United States were pickups or SUVs...

...The UAW in May said it was not yet endorsing Biden for reelection, citing his electric vehicle policies...

...and here I thought that the EV transition would be funded by the buying public choosing something other than ICE.

Silly me. Always misunderstanding these things. :rolleyes:

Nice test of BlueCruise that DirtTesla did, honestly, with the amount of scrutiny Tesla gets from the NHTSA, how they aren't going after Ford with those obvious dangerous flaws? I'm not being ironic, just turning off with no warning is like 100x times worse than any behaviour FSD or even Autopilot ever had

Because not enough short sellers and journalists constantly mail them petitions of nothing burgers. Also the sample size of bluecruise is so tiny and the amount of roads are so limited that no one has died using it.

Nice test of BlueCruise that DirtTesla did, honestly, with the amount of scrutiny Tesla gets from the NHTSA, how they aren't going after Ford with those obvious dangerous flaws? I'm not being ironic, just turning off with no warning is like 100x times worse than any behaviour FSD or even Autopilot ever had

Strange that Munro just released a «pretty good» video on the same, what to believe these days?

• Informative
Reactions: MikkoJ and UncaNed
I was expecting a bit of a lift today from Mercedes announcing their adoption of NACS. Not sure if the market has already priced in widespread NACS adoption or if it needs some time to digest the news.

The decision-makers all did a long holiday this week and the interns had a three martini lunch and got back just in time for the run-up prior to the close.

Maybe next week they'll get the memo about that announcement.

What is also interesting is that one YouTube analyst "Meet Kevin" just said yesterday morning that the recent trend of pre-market being red but then closing green is similar to Oct 2021.

Things might be looking bullish but who really knows what is going to happen now. 🤞
Meet Kevin is an absolute clown. A millennial Jim Cramer, just making money off being entertainment, not anything of substance.

Oh, why not... I heard we were supposed to BTD (not Bite The Dust).

1688767540149.png

Interesting theory from a comment here

Most likely testing Model 2 components (suspension and drivetrain). It's common practice in the auto industry to adapt prototype parts for a new model into an existing body. Or adapt body panels from an existing model onto the prototype chassis.

This has different front brakes than current Model 3 production. The calipers are mounted in front of the axle, and they look like a one or two-piston slider. Also the rotors are much smaller.

With the calipers in front of the axle, it's a pretty safe assumption that the steering rack is behind the axle. So it's a completely different suspension. It also appears like the front suspension might be McPherson struts. You can see the bump in the hood where the shock towers are, plus in the second photo you can see the springs above the tire.

Rear wheel isn't centered in the arch. The only real explanation is that the suspension doesn't belong in a Model 3. Which is why the rear glass is covered. The floor is likely cut/patched to fit different suspension in it, and there's likely no seats or trim in the rear (because it won't fit).

NO HALFSHAFTS GOING TO THE REAR HUBS. This is a front-wheel-drive car!

This is very exciting! It means that they're pretty far along with the engineering on the Model 2.

So chart reading is definitely an art and is highly subjective and obviously imprecise
Having said that, I really like the current set up going into earnings report. I would be greatly disappointed if Tesla were to fall and fail to go up into and after the earnings report. Of course, I have made numerous predictions in the past which have failed to materialize. A few of them did turn out to be good and that’s where I ended up achieving my financial success. I am betting on Tesla going up, but should the reverse happen, I will survive and continue to live to fight another day.
Therefore, I am cautiously optimistic

In the last 27 weeks since Tesla bottomed in January 2023, there has been a steady accumulation of stock by institutional investors as this weekly chart clearly reflects. Notice the up volume is significantly higher than the down volume. Also, the stock stubbornly clings to upper Bollinger. Wanting to run up Bollinger band : all good in my book.

None of this is financial investment or trading advice.

Happy weekend, everybody
IMG_3211.png

Market thinks Mercedes US EV fleet is and will remain ~ zero

That could explain it. But you'd think "the market" would realize that BMW and VW won't be far behind Mercedes. Now maybe BMW won't make up a particularly huge slice of the N. American EV market either, but VW should/could manufacture a not insignificant portion, imo.