Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Grabbed another 133 shares. Couldnt resist.
Right on. I held off on more due to recent knife cuts on a certain finger.

I had the right play and right reasons, (got emo I guess🤣) and thought there was a chance Tesla pulls out a dancing rabbit yesterday (there is always that chance). Instead we got firm results with a cautious macro tone. OK, got the message. HODL. ;)

Anyway, upgrading CyberDeck today (packing stones in tighter), and adding CyberPath using polygon scraps of remaining Flagstone (recycled :D). Photos later today (because watching the stock is boring and Cybertruck is coming soon'ish).

Last edited:
Brian White | My Tesla Weekend - videos has examined the plans for Giga Berlin Phase 2, and determined that at 5M sq ft, the new Vehicle Assemby Building will become the new "largest building in the world". It's giganormus, at 700 meters x 700 meters. Brian says "Obviously, it will be to build the new Compact Car". :D

Giga Berlin = WORLD RECORD... oh, and also a Highland Sighting | My Tesla Weekend Channel on Youtube

Cheers to the Longs!

UK media has been wall to wall anti-Electric Vehicle FUD for a while. Very intense. Quentin Wilson, Bobby Llewelyn & their organisations now fighting back. People might see retractions, fact-checks, community notes popping up. Tesla related - fight the EV FUD, fight the Tesla FUD

In case anyone wondered who Howard Cox is...

But the report did not disclose that FairFuel UK’s founder, Howard Cox, also owns a business that markets a fuel additive called Ultimum5, for which he owns the trademark.

Brian White | My Tesla Weekend - videos has examined the plans for Giga Berlin Phase 2, and determined that at 5M sq ft, the new Vehicle Assemby Building will become the new "largest building in the world". It's giganormus, at 700 meters x 700 meters. Brian says "Obviously, it will be to build the new Compact Car". :D

Giga Berlin = WORLD RECORD... oh, and also a Highland Sighting | My Tesla Weekend Channel on Youtube

Cheers to the Longs!
Doubtful...need more sq footage to 'hide' the unsold cars!

/s

4680 represents a big risk to TSLA right now. They've been working on it for years and haven't got it figured out. At some point, you need to consider the possibility that it won't (and will never) work. If that happens, CT and Semi get pushed back a year or two ... not the end of the world but it'll hurt and we become reliant on Chinese battery makers for the foreseeable future.
How can that ever be a thing? We KNOW 4680s work, as there are model Ys with them in. AFAIK the only issue is yield. If its physically possible to create 4680s that are fine in current vehicles, then I have 100% faith in Tesla, or indeed anyone, working out the production process so its super-high yield.
I agree that 4680s do seem to be ramping slower than hoped, but frankly as an investor that just tells me that it will be harder for competitors to copy Teslas work in this area.
I'd be worried if there were no 4680 model Y's already, but we know there are. And in any case, they are not crucial to model 3 or model Y anyway. My 2022 model Y performance has 2170s and its an amazing beast of a car. Tesla got to #1 selling car in the world without 4680s.

UK media has been wall to wall anti-Electric Vehicle FUD for a while. Very intense. Quentin Wilson, Bobby Llewelyn & their organisations now fighting back. People might see retractions, fact-checks, community notes popping up. Tesla related - fight the EV FUD, fight the Tesla FUD

Hey now - that's our thing in the States. You can't have it. Give it back!

4680 represents a big risk to TSLA right now. They've been working on it for years and haven't got it figured out. At some point, you need to consider the possibility that it won't (and will never) work. If that happens, CT and Semi get pushed back a year or two ... not the end of the world but it'll hurt and we become reliant on Chinese battery makers for the foreseeable future.
While I think Tesla will eventually figure this out, I do wonder if the juice will be worth the squeeze, ultimately. Still, they look to be planning for battery production in Berlin and, presumably, if they thought they could just get M3P cells or whatever cheaper from CATL they would just do that. Sooooo....

While I think Tesla will eventually figure this out, I do wonder if the juice will be worth the squeeze, ultimately. Still, they look to be planning for battery production in Berlin and, presumably, if they thought they could just get M3P cells or whatever cheaper from CATL they would just do that. Sooooo....
Batteries are a core competency of BEVs. Outsourcing a core competency puts you in the same state that Legacy auto is in. Of course, right now all the batteries made are required, so outsourcing is necessary to produce the required volume. But eventually keeping the technology to be on the cutting edge of battery development will be required to be the winner of the BEV race.

How can that ever be a thing? We KNOW 4680s work, as there are model Ys with them in. AFAIK the only issue is yield. If its physically possible to create 4680s that are fine in current vehicles, then I have 100% faith in Tesla, or indeed anyone, working out the production process so its super-high yield.
I agree that 4680s do seem to be ramping slower than hoped, but frankly as an investor that just tells me that it will be harder for competitors to copy Teslas work in this area.
I'd be worried if there were no 4680 model Y's already, but we know there are. And in any case, they are not crucial to model 3 or model Y anyway. My 2022 model Y performance has 2170s and its an amazing beast of a car. Tesla got to #1 selling car in the world without 4680s.

There are thousands of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, but that doesn't mean it "works", where works is scalable.

The economics and capability of the 4680s has Cybertruck, Semi and New Roadster depending on it. It's also incredibly important for cost reductions.

Tesla has gone from buying commodity, to custom ordering, to working closely on-site with the manufacturer and now is trying to become a manufacturer.
If it's not a manufacturer, it's going to be just another customer of Chinese cell manufacturers, one of which is also a very large EV manufacturer.

Sorry, moderators, if this is deemed too political. But it could directly affect the demand for EVs, and may have an impact on the share prices for EV makers including Tesla. I'll understand if you choose to move or delete the post.

Politico - Thursday evening:
Trump vows to undo Biden’s electric vehicle policies
Most carefully responding... "mandates designed to force Americans into expensive electric cars."
Clearly we need anti-FUD teams preaching Highland affordability ASAP. This is the Tesla ad I'd like to see on Networks. Oh I can't wait!!!

Which motley fool came up with that graphic? If its goal is to give you a graphical representation of the relative sizes of the various groupings of money, it's a complete mess/fail. Look at the $2B wafer-thin "services and other" in the bottom right corner. It is dwarfed by several items in size categories like e.g. $335M

looks like "Automotive and Leasing" label was accidentally swapped with "Services and Other". Other than that, the bars appear to be to scale.

There was a good video about this on the Fully Charged Show recently. Good to see someone fighting the FUD:

Who's TRYING To KILL The ELECTRIC CAR? And What Can You Do About It?​

Sorry, moderators, if this is deemed too political. But it could directly affect the demand for EVs, and may have an impact on the share prices for EV makers including Tesla. I'll understand if you choose to move or delete the post.

Politico - Thursday evening:
Trump vows to undo Biden’s electric vehicle policies
Absolutely relevant in this forum. Choose whatever side you want and vote for whomever you want to but it's important to be informed of either party's agenda, as ill-informed as it may be.

Cheers to the longs.

Absolutely relevant in this forum. Choose whatever side you want and vote for whomever you want to but it's important to be informed of either party's agenda, as ill-informed as it may be.

Cheers to the longs.
Agree - political risk is (and has been) factually relevant to the investment. (Hopefully, we're all adults here and can avoid TWTR like diatribe and argument.)

They have a near infinite need for supply. So even if in house cells are 150% the price of outsourced cells (50% more expensive than what they can buy from a supplier) they'll still make a profit making more cars, trucks, or storage.

That will be true for years and years. So if cells are more than 50% over the cost of external for a few quarters but that leads to them being the same price or slightly more expensive than the supplier it's still worth it to increase production of finished goods.

There was a good video about this on the Fully Charged Show recently. Good to see someone fighting the FUD:

Who's TRYING To KILL The ELECTRIC CAR? And What Can You Do About It?​

More came to light, apparently heat pumps have been getting their share of FUD also. Liebreich tweeted this today:

The article he links to:

Screenshot_20230721_121834_Chrome.jpg

84 month financing now avail with Tesla. Should help with the higher interest rate and higher payment issue for some