Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Simple refresh"? It has LEDs and Air Conditioned seats! ($ cheap and $ cheap). /s
Do we know if it will have F/R castings, and how much cost that saves? Other savings (because we know that's what Tesla does)?

What's your estimate?

I was only being cute... What's your estimate?
Volume possibly in Sept, orders started... production started... 🤷‍♂️
My estimate is less than I paid for my Model 3 over 5 years ago, but not less enough to make me spend any Cybertruck money on a new one.

Yes, a simple refresh. Remember that Tesla is constantly reengineering their cars ‘under the hood’. The biggest thing left to change that actually requires conscious ‘introduction’ to customers are cosmetic changes.

Yeah, I know; I recorded it. I just wish I had captured the whole screen but at the time I was just trying to get the video footage to show to the trauma doc. (Everyone was pretty impressed that I was able to quickly locate the dash cam footage)

But I’m curious why it didn’t indicate that the vehicle had activated the pedestrian detection and applied the brakes.

Would be cool if there was some visual representation of this; I only know because the driver said multiple times that she “never saw the kid”…which would be a weird claim, considering you’d have just spared a childs’ life.
These systems never get bored, never look away, never check their phones. They will eventually drive better than we do.

✂️ Your car is a better driver than you are.

I needed this today. Tough week for my investments, but it’s always nice to have a little bit of a reminder of how critical the mission is.

The driver of this car said she never saw the kid, and the car braked on its own… I’m pretty sure the kids gonna be fine with just a few scratches on the elbows, but would almost certainly be facing a different outcome if there had been a different car in that spot. Note the car is almost at a complete stop at impact; and more importantly; did not run the kid over after impact.

The driver and mother gave me permission to share the video.

Does anyone know why there’s no audible warning? Or does the TeslaCam not capture audio (I’m embarrassed to not know)? I believe all the audio you hear is from the traffic passing in the background while filming.

A year ago Autopilot saved the life of a young deer that ran in front of my car at night. We were going 25 mph but the deer was less than 20 feet away by the time I saw it. The car had started hard braking before I saw the deer which saved its life.

It was an eerie feeling because I was absolutely certain we were going to ram into the deer. I knew I was braking too late. But I was wrong, thank goodness.

It was a weird night. About 2 miles further along on my drive I turned onto a 4 lane divided highway. A person was running across all four lanes into my path. This wasn't a close call like with the deer but it added to the strangeness of the evening. The street I was coming down is not often used and the person couldn't see my car when they started to cross the highway. I think they saw me after I turned onto the highway and then they started to run.

It took me a few weeks before I was comfortable driving again.

Am I the only one thinking Teslas launch events are getting a little stale?

Just ship one CT to each of the 100 or 200 or whatever largest showrooms to be put on display with no warning the same time everywhere. Do some ads that start appearing simultaneously with just the Tesla logo and saying 'It's here - deliveries start today' or something similar.

Let the tech writers and youtubers fight over who can find an early owner they can persuade to let them test it first.

Would probably get more attention than any launch event.

Eddie Murphy thinking
1692417091240.png

... And then I realised how painful it’s going to be switching from the yoke to the wheel+stalks and vice versa (We both drive both cars, depending on the situation).
So we’re going to wait to upgrade the Model 3 to a Y, hoping that the Model Y someday will get the yoke wheel too.
Wow, can you say "first-world problems?"

My wife and I have recently done a test drive with the Model Y with the idea of using the FSD transfer to switch her Model 3 to a Model Y. We’re also going to replace my Model S with a new one in the coming months. And then I realised how painful it’s going to be switching from the yoke to the wheel+stalks and vice versa (We both drive both cars, depending on the situation).
So we’re going to wait to upgrade the Model 3 to a Y, hoping that the Model Y someday will get the yoke wheel too.
As you know, I have the Plaid and wifey an MYLR and I have no issues flipping between the two

As you know, I have the Plaid and wifey an MYLR and I have no issues flipping between the two
Good to know.
It’s not the only reason. We would have 2 cars of the same technological generation if we bought the Model Y more or less at the same time as the Model S. Since we try to drive our cars as long as possible we would have two technologically obsolete cars after 5 years or so.
Although with the high battery replacement cost I’m thinking of replacing our cars before the battery warranty runs out and let somebody else do the battery gamble.

Good to know.
It’s not the only reason. We would have 2 cars of the same technological generation if we bought the Model Y more or less at the same time as the Model S. Since we try to drive our cars as long as possible we would have two technologically obsolete cars after 5 years or so.
Although with the high battery replacement cost I’m thinking of replacing our cars before the battery warranty runs out and let somebody else do the battery gamble.
Do they still have the 6 years supercharging offer, I don't see it on the site...? There are some good deals on inventory/demo cars right now

You know, there was a lot of up in arms about no display behind the steering wheel too. People shouting how it was dangerous to shift their eyes slightly right to see their speed etc. How they couldn’t learn a new way and hated it and, and, and.
The first time I saw a Model 3, (which was the day I took delivery of mine in 2018), I was very worried I would never get used to the lack of an instrument panel. That worry disappeared as I was driving it out of the showroom.

Do they still have the 6 years supercharging offer, I don't see it on the site...? There are some good deals on inventory/demo cars right now
They never had that in Belgium, only in the US. It’s one of the things that would make me order a new S immediately. That or an announcement that the price of FSD would go up in EU.

If neither of those 2 happen before my battery warranty runs out I’ll really have to make up my mind what to do with my current Model S. The lure of a new Model S is high.

I think the EU pricing of the S/X is way to high, given the US pricing and the current exchange rate. We’re only halfway the quarter and there’s a 10% discount on the inventory Model S/X. I’m expecting a price cut in the next 6 months or so in the EU. I still have 6+months of battery warranty, so I can afford to wait.

Last edited:
Good to know.
Battery replacement? Not sure I’ve heard about that…

Would be nice if we could find some statistics, I personally believe this to be very rare… - almost to the level «Drive a car?? No-no, people get hurt by doing that».

They never had that in Belgium, only in the US. It’s one of the things that would make me order a new S immediately. That or an announcement that the price of FSD would go up in EU.

If neither of those 2 happen before my battery warranty runs out I’ll really have to make up my mind what to do with my current Model S. The lure of a new Model S is high.
Indeed, the new MS/X look similar to the old, but they are completely different proposition, and some of these prices are very compelling - seems to include EAP too

1692453820629.png