Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disappointed the price didn't go up.

I mean all the hoopla about this car being a major cost reduction doesn't seem like a cost reduction. They have changed 50% of the parts, everything looks higher in quality and now there's a second screen.
Sorry but wow people here jumping to conclusions just because the influencers and car sites didn't mention Gigacasting and update batteries...which would be the #1 and #2 things that would reduce cost of the car.

I would be shocked if Highland isn't built on Gigacasting and we've had multiple reports (who were right about the date of release and details of the car) saying Gigacasting is being used and more efficient batteries going in. Maybe Tesla doesn't want to advertise the battery its using for Higland 🤷‍♂️

Surprised by the reaction 🤷‍♂️

Sorry but wow people here jumping to conclusions just because the influencers and car sites didn't mention Gigacasting and update batteries...which would be the #1 and #2 things that would reduce cost of the car.

I would be shocked if Highland isn't built on Gigacasting and we've had multiple reports (who were right about the date of release and details of the car) saying Gigacasting is being used and more efficient batteries going in. Maybe Tesla doesn't want to advertise the battery its using for Higland 🤷‍♂️

Surprised by the reaction 🤷‍♂️
Gigacasting's savings are off set by the number of parts now different from the Y. I mean I'm sure this car is probably not more expensive than the current 3 to produce, but I don't see "a lot less." The number of part changes was surprising.

Gigacasting's savings are off set by the number of parts now different from the Y. I mean I'm sure this car is probably not more expensive than the current 3 to produce, but I don't see "a lot less." The number of part changes was surprising.

You would not say that if you had had the rear bumper off of a current 3.

The number of welds is . . . impressive / shameful.