Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh Tesla’s strategy when it comes to FSD is so frustrating.

Keep the buy price at $15k, drop the monthly subscription to $149 or even $99.

Much healthier long term to get auto consumers used to subscribing for FSD and services in general.

Stock is gonna be interesting tomorrow.

Positive - Highland announcement with price increase

Negative - No US Highland for 2023, big price cuts S/X in China, FSD price cuts

I’m guessing Fremont just isn’t going to produce any model 3’s for Q4 because there’s no way they could sell a non Higland 3 now. I could realistically see TSLA taking a dump tomorrow
I think Tesla really believes the credit for the 3 (at least the SR3) will go away next year so they are going to use the tax credit as a lure for US buyers and then refresh 3 to drive up demand for next year if the tax credit goes away.

Considering the SR S/X were stupid products anyway since they were software locks (and provided zero margin improvements), this at least drives up demand, especially the X with the tax credit.
Agreed that the SR models were silly.

Still, we all know how this is going to be portrayed tomorrow and we’ll likely hear more from Wall St on the S/X price cuts than we will the Highland 3

I agree if the Shanghai Highland Production start tweet is right we should see an announcement within a month. Photos without disguise will leak sooner. As well as economy of production through large cast structures, Highland might see a further aero optimization, eking out perhaps a 5 percent improvement, perhaps a little more. It’d be very unlike Tesla not to aim for this. That might show up in either extended range or a slightly smaller battery pack capacity, further reducing cost.
I was wrong: It only has a 4.8 percent improvement in CD, from 0.23 to 0.219. Overall, though, they’re claiming a 12 percent efficiency improvement. Better tires, too, and driveline efficiency improvements. Tesla is apparently splitting the difference: slightly smaller packs AND improved range.

I'm guessing the reason for this is that with the new H100 cluster and V12 they want to increase data collection.
If that’s the case then the best would be to drop the monthly membership for FSD to $99 for 6months. That will bring way more data from more people willing to pay that instead of $12k. Many more will pay the $12k after and many will still pay the $199 after the 6months, I think.

Threads of the day:
Wiki - Selling TSLA Options - Be the House The other thread - pls don't clog up

Project Highland (Investor impact etc.) It's lux baby! (but not yet in USA)

MY 2024 Refresh - Project Juniper? Let the speculation begin!

HW4 & HW5 Discussion CT and Highland have bumper camera

EV and Battery Credits New Model X for $67,490 after incentives - anyone moving to Colorado?

FSD discussion FSD now $12k

4680 Cathode & Anode discussion for investors SiC is sick

Launch is Imminent Under the frunk look of dual motor variant CT

Last edited:
In Europe too, along with a hefty price-reduction... good time to order that new Model S @NicoV?

I will personally upgrade from EAP to FSD if they reduce that, it's still priced at €3700, but I expect they didn't get around to that yet

On the down-side, my Model X Plaid just lost around €30k in value...

And I believe that this will make the MX qualify for the $7500 in the US, no?

Considering the SR S/X were stupid products anyway since they were software locks (and provided zero margin improvements), this at least drives up demand, especially the X with the tax credit
Problem I have with this is that Tesla introduced this option, what was it, 3 weeks ago and now it's gone... Doesn't look like the whole thing was well thought out at all

But I'm glad to see it gone, was a dumb idea

Problem I have with this is that Tesla introduced this option, what was it, 3 weeks ago and now it's gone... Doesn't look like the whole thing was well thought out at all

But I'm glad to see it gone, was a dumb idea

The SR S/X probably didn’t increase sales enough. Good for us (people waiting for a price decrease).
Note that the new pricing is more in line with the S/X pricing from before the pandemic. With lowering material costs, Tesla probably still has nice margins on the new pricing. And if not, it’s less than 10% of Tesla’s sales, so not very material for the EPS.

Has this been shared amid the Highland tsunami? Power outlets CyberTruck are located in the Frunk:

IMG_6359.jpeg

Right in the middle you can see the panel, I have no clue about American plugs so have a look.

From this post on X

Reactions: Dikkie Dik
Wth lol. Way to overshadow your own product announcement Tesla. 🥴😅🙄

TSLA definitely dumping tomorrow
I seriously doubt that. I guess up $5-10. WS is going to love the looks and features of this refresh (which it's been wanting for a long time), and they're raising the price while reducing cost.

Yes and look at that nice red/black cable bundle with clamps! Or wait, those are perhaps part of the mesuring device with power outlets… (Really IDK, just a thougth).

I see what you mean, but the outlet box seems nicely fitted to that back strip. There are some loose boxes to the side and on top though:

IMG_6360.jpeg

I don’t know, seems like a perfect spot for outlets. Shielded from the rain, and outlets in the back could be obstructed by cargo.

Reactions: JoRoMo
I see what you mean, but the outlet box seems nicely fitted to that back strip. There are some loose boxes to the side and on top though:

View attachment 970032

I don’t know, seems like a perfect spot for outlets. Shielded from the rain, and outlets in the back could be obstructed by cargo.
Both locations is my guess. In the frunk they’re a big selling point for tradies who will use frunk as tool locker. By configuring a permanent tool battery charge station there they save set up time on every job that requires battery swap. Also prevents their batteries being nicked (accidentally borrowed).