Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Highland (Investor impact etc.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve heard they are removing the wood, and changing the vent exhaust a bit, that just looks like where the vent panel is going to go - sans a bump.
I admit another display would add costs, but that hole looks much bigger than what's needed for (old style) vents. That area of the dash is also covered in other pics and there's more to be revealed I believe. Same with CyberTruck as mentioned by Elon. If this is to be a splash, news of a display in there would take it to the moon! Maybe I'm just an Optimus.

Reactions: tivoboy
There maybe a lot going on under the skin...but that’s an awful lot of cloak and dagger for what looks like not much cosmetic change at all...if those photos are real
There is no way Tesla is making the Model 3 slammed to the ground like that. (Look at how little room there is between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender arch.)

Reactions: navguy12 and DanCar
There maybe a lot going on under the skin...but that’s an awful lot of cloak and dagger for what looks like not much cosmetic change at all...if those photos are real
I don’t think they are real. Remember, this IS X, and X is paying a lot more to “contributors” than Twitter ever did, so sadly the incentive is to create clicks/views/link tos, and you get PAID $$$.. this looks more like a rounder version of the current M3, I think the tail, rear quarter panels, FRONT QP, and FRONT A-pillar are going to be be different than current M3 and these all look the same.. and the front/nose cone and front fairing I think will be different than the one here.

And I don’t think there is going to be THAT much rear diffuser, even on the HM3P.. that looks like an EXHAUST

Nobody puts a 2nd HIP line, down at the KNEE line level, why would you? To create a channel between the HIP and now KNEE line? MAYBE, but it doesn’t really seem like the juice (body shop change and effort) would be worth the squeeze (MAYBE .01-.02 lower cD)

And those wheels, don’t get me started… the British have a lot of odd vocabulary, but the word here would be s…e

Last edited:
Reactions: DanCar
going to disagree... this looks legit.
assuming there are some mega hardware improvements under the minor cosmetic changes

The first image looks especially legitimate - it's a good fake if so. The others are suspect - maybe I could buy it if they were for internal use only. The wheels are also a red flag because they are unlike anything we've seen on test mules.

As for the rear diffuser, it looks a lot like the one on the existing S / X. I see the style cues from the S - I thought it looked surprisingly good. My wife looked at it and said she prefers the current Model 3, FWIW.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is generally accurate, but the final product looks a bit different.

Upon thinking about the Highland M3, I wonder if many of these interior changes are mainly to create separation between this and the upcoming "Model 2" compact car?

By adding vented seats, a rear screen, and interior LGB light strips, they create a contrast between this and the next $25K Tesla, which very likely will be super bare bones without any of those features.
Rob's update:

Great list:

Do the photon wheels have a plastic insert?

Also, what colours can you change the ambient lighting to? Can you turn them off?

Maybe US version will be different when it comes out?
Could have front gigacasting and structural batteries plus NMC batteries for a plaid version.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Optimeer