Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, many here may not know that Tesla is actually providing transportation to its workers that live 75 miles away. I see the buses heading for the factory in the afternoon (have friends that work in the factory, 10-12 hour shifts). This story is old, the number of buses is up considerably.

Cost of living in Austin is that high. Would not surprise if there are shuttle buses going throughout the Central Texas area.

Tesla could have benchmarked or taken apart any car in the M3 market or above, EV, ICE, China, American or European made. Or do we think Tesla worked on NVH only because of customer surveys, or did an Tesla engineer get up one day on the way the work, and wondered why the tire noise is loud? How did Tesla know it needed to upgrade its interior? What did Tesla compare the old interior too? Oops, I forgot my slogan, "All the above is a cost cutting exercise".

I guess Tesla buys competition tear down reports from their good friend Munro, because Tesla is above that sort of industry norm. Fine, lets agree to disagree,

No and no. Don't state your guesses as facts. That's all.

FYI, many here may not know that Tesla is actually providing transportation to its workers that live 75 miles away. I see the buses heading for the factory in the afternoon (have friends that work in the factory, 10-12 hour shifts). This story is old, the number of buses is up considerably.

Cost of living in Austin is that high. Would not surprise if there are shuttle buses going throughout the Central Texas area.

Aha! The Teslarati article mentions that

The driver added that the buses picked up local Tesla workers from a parking lot in a local shopping complex, Market Heights.

Although the map shows Killeen, there is a blue cone for a Supercharger location on Supercharge.info at the Market Heights shopping center in Harker Heights, TX.

That shopping center is about 10 miles from I-35, so doesn't seem like a great park-and-ride location except for workers living directly in that area. There is Fort Cavasos there, so maybe it's a good place from which to hire vets.

wonky.png

This is NOT how TSLA traded today, correct? Assuming there'd be more chatter if we went up $11 in the final 3 minutes of trading...

Aha! The Teslarati article mentions that

Although the map shows Killeen, there is a blue cone for a Supercharger location on Supercharge.info at the Market Heights shopping center in Harker Heights, TX.

That shopping center is about 10 miles from I-35, so doesn't seem like a great park-and-ride location except for workers living directly in that area. There is Fort Cavasos there, so maybe it's a good place from which to hire vets.
I know of two locations in Killeen where they pick up. Did not know about the Market Heights one. A lot of people are moving to that area, including Temple, and Belton because of the high cost of living in Austin. Smart move on Tesla's part, hiring charter buses is a cost but the pay back is a steady workforce.

On a side note, Tesla workers do not talk much about what job they do at the Austin factory. The workers that work there are tight lipped. However, the conversations I have had with them did go into detail about the Quality Control checks and the pride they have in the product they make. Reassuring to a stock holder.

So SP panic and angst on Friday because S/X prices reduced and over-shadowed Highland release.
Last week's panic was the result of a full-court press by the MSM against Elon, which inevitably fooled some of the people... People who live in glass houses shouldn't own news outlets, don'cha know?

Tuesday, the next trading day, SP right back up and I’m waiting for the *explanation* -
Shortzes only let the SP go up so they can short it back down. They're basically playing Snakes'n'Ladders.

No, don’t bother. I know what happened and it had nothing to do with Tesla anything Friday or today.
It's no bother. I'm here all week. ;)

Cheers to the Kool Kats! :D

That's not a backfire - that's the point. As polarizing as it may be, that person wasn't going to buy a CT anyway. But, that same person looking at a Plaid S and realizing it's also a Tesla may consider it. Your example suggests that someone would only know what a Tesla is after they see a CT. I don't think that person exists. My 81 yo father can't wait to look at one when they come out. He has no time for my M3. Anyway, you either believe that a high profile product is a positive or you don't. I guess we may disagree about this one.
I hope you're right.

MK
No and no. Don't state your guesses as facts. That's all.
Every vehicle company I've worked for or visited (many) buys competitive vehicles for benchmarking, both performance (acceleration, range, NVH etc.) and in construction details. I'd be shocked if Tesla didn't have at least a small fleet of appropriate competitive vehicles, and a small group of engineers rating Tesla vehicle performance versus the competition. I can tell you exactly how certain companies cheat on EPA noise requirements, as an example of the type of thing you learn.

I don't think we will ever know. Tesla has always kept its take rate secret.

The FSD price drop is weird though. The only explanation I can think of is that they want to increase the take rate because they need the data from more drivers using FSD on Hardware 4. This would also explain why Tesla suddenly allowed FSD transfers.

But none of the motivation is clear because Tesla ain't talkin'.
If functionality in HW4 lags HW3 and soon HW4 is all you can get, maybe Tesla views it as fair to reduce the price as the functionality is further in the future. Or 🤷‍♂️

The 32k Model Y number for Europe in Q3 might not be complete. Did all countries report? Was Turkey (sorry, official name now Türkiye) included? A lot of Model Ys are going in that direction.

In Taiwan, 554 Model Y were sold in August (along with 329 Model X and 55 Model S, Model 3 numbers unknown).