Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

So Elon’s really secret master plan is:
- osborne the competition’s EVs by enticing them to support NACS
- while at the same time driving prices down so that the competition looses even more money per EV they make
- so stalling the progress of the competition for a couple of years
- so that Tesla can 2x their economies of scale by the time the competition has NACS capable cars.
- so that the competition has to fire their UAW personnel.

How close am I?

Screenshot_20231030_090217_X.jpg

That's what I meant exactly. Yes, they were after the stops @ 200.

After having transferred shares at zero tax from Rollover to ROTH earlier, I couldn't pass up this opportunity to send some more across in the 12% tax bracket.

The math indicates how the SP will have to rise by as much as a whole dollar between now and April 15 in order to cover the tax burden this causes. It seemed like reasonable odds for a bet to move as many shares into the ROTH at an affordable tax rate as I can.

I ain't skeered!

HODL

So Elon’s really secret master plan is:
- osborne the competition’s EVs by enticing them to support NACS
- while at the same time driving prices down so that the competition looses even more money per EV they make
- so stalling the progress of the competition for a couple of years
- so that Tesla can 2x their economies of scale by the time the competition has NACS capable cars.
- so that the competition has to fire their UAW personnel.

How close am I?
Close.

This has been semiobvious the whole time.

Who will want to buy a non-NACS car next year? The resale value on any non Teslas for models before 2025 will drop more than 2025+ models. Adapters will not change that.

I'm not sure how many prospective buyers have figured this out yet so hard to know if the recent slowdown has other reasons but the closer we get to 2025 models the harder it will be to sell the 2024s.

Days like this make my buy! Especially with the latest FUD.
Including a few weekly loto tickets. (Not advice)

(Edit: I should clarify my Calls bought so others don't go and blow their savings. My weeklies are in very low quantity/price and I can afford to lose it. We're talking <$300, but it controls mucho shares hence the loto ticket. OTOH, most of you are still here because you already know this ;)

Last edited:
A bit dated (22 hrs) but in case you didn't see this on debunking Cybertruck Pricing yesterday. James here makes a great case IMO.
My question is whether there's any reason to allow this to propagate by Tesla without a single X tweet to correct it?
My conclusion is this could be intentionally allowing the market to be misguided for a moment. I don't know why, so it's just a floating theory for now. Maybe keep off some pressure while some UAW dust settles? IDK

No comments... either very old news or everyone believes the Cybertruck pricing? If so, how?

Close.

This has been semiobvious the whole time.

Who will want to buy a non-NACS car next year? The resale value on any non Teslas for models before 2025 will drop more than 2025+ models. Adapters will not change that.

I'm not sure how many prospective buyers have figured this out yet so hard to know if the recent slowdown has other reasons but the closer we get to 2025 models the harder it will be to sell the 2024s.

why wouldn't an adapter change that? if it worked the same either way, i don't get why someone would care.

No comments... either very old news or everyone believes the Cybertruck pricing? If so, how?

The first thing that came to mind for me is "all publicity is good publicity"

Tesla not offering a response will likely generate more Tesla interest than having quashed the rumor would.

Stir the pot, keep the mystery alive, the more speculation the better. It doesn't cost Tesla anything for the coverage.

Could you imagine Ford Motor Credit? The auto dealers seem to hesitate in lowering prices. This is why... default loans would skyrocket as people would wait for further price reductions until inventory is gone.

So when is the race to the bottom coming for high dollar ICE?
why wouldn't an adapter change that? if it worked the same either way, i don't get why someone would care.

Their plugs are outdated tech being retrofitted with a second bulky connector. Ergo issue with some. Just sounds bad for others. What was wrong with the old... lots of questions come up. Losses in the adapter, what's in the adapter, what if I forgot my adapter, no that's the wrong adapter, how much for the adapter, etc... It's electronics - Boo!

I would draw the conclusion that this is especially unfair, even if an automaker would be found to not have gotten subsidies in China, he would be subject to the same duty when importing to the EU :(. I guess this is probably a result of the fact that duties are usually applied to imports from a certain country, not for a certain manufacturer.

Agreed.

Reactions: hobbes
it’s almost definitely nothing.

…but “scary fast” Apple event tonight going to show off a car and someone knows? Someone always knows something.
It is most likely new Macs with "Scary fast" chips. Or maybe the Apple Television set that everyone was absolutely certain of over a decade ago.