Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool :). Can you point me to the most recent source for production rate that I might have missed?
The last ER-call declared continuing significant production improvements.
And clarified that the past production numbers were based on a single production line, with a second line now starting as well. With 2 more being prepared.

So they are now scaling both on yield and parallel ramp-ups.

Darn, maximum-pain.com site is down:

1699631155526.png

Now we actually have no idea what the short-sellers will manipulate the SP to end up at today!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Speaking at the level of his audience? Rogan is a bit of a clown, and I suspect a good chunk of his audience are also mouth breathers.
Disagree for calling Rogan a clown. The guy trains twice a day, has a multi-hour podcast with interesting, accomplished people almost everyday and he is always full prepared for them. During his podcasts he stays 100% engaged, is always respectful but is also willing to challenge his guests and call out BS. He also manages to have a full and adventurous life on the side. Please explain how he's a clown, and while you're at it, what are your days like?

Disagree for calling Rogan a clown. The guy trains twice a day, has a multi-hour podcast with interesting, accomplished people almost everyday and he is always full prepared for them. During his podcasts he stays 100% engaged, is always respectful but is also willing to challenge his guests and call out BS. He also manages to have a full and adventurous life on the side. Please explain how he's a clown, and while you're at it, what are your days like?

Meh.. the few times I've listened to him (primarily for his guests), he's not particularly insightful. His critical thinking skills are rather lacking and he often seems astounded by relatively basic things (or ones he should have been familiar with interviewing a guest).

He also seems to be a big on conspiracy theories... I've heard him opining a bit wildly without much in the way of solid evidence on: JFK, Hitler, Fake moon landings, alien technology, 9/11, magnetic poles, time travel, etc...

I've got a friend who's a fan, and he sends me stuff from JRE, and the excerpts I've listened to have convinced me I don't need to hear much more.

Not quite sure how his MMA interest/training makes for a compelling interviewer outside that narrow subject, but OK. My opinion of him being a clown isn't particularly based on that.

My days are good, thanks for asking.

(as not particularly investment related, feel free to start a new thread if you want to continue... or drop me a DM)

ON EDIT: Based on disagrees in my original post, seems like there are a number of Rogan fans here... honestly a bit surprised....

Last edited:
The coffee bot is all over Twitter but I fail to see its significance. It’s a nice novelty/gimmick nothing more.
In the same way everyone failed to see the significance of glorified golf carts, huh?

Everyone also failed to see the significance of a new charging standard or a fast charging network that didn’t fill electrons as fast as pumping fuel.

Lots of things Tesla has done started as a ‘novelty’ only to turn into something significant.

It all has to start somewhere. Skynet probably started out as a novelty too.

Last edited:
In the same way everyone failed to see the significance of glorified golf carts, huh?

Everyone also failed to see the significance of a new charging standard or a fast charging network that didn’t fill electrons as fast as pumping fuel.

Lots of things Tesla has done started as a ‘novelty’ only to turn into something significant.

It all gas to start somewhere. Skynet probably started out as a novelty too.

All they ‘ve done is program an industrial robot to make coffee. The same robots are on the factory floor doing tasks a hundred times more intricate.

In the same way bears fail to see genuine innovations from Tesla, some bulls tend to hype up mundane things

CT in NYC. CNBC is sending a camera to the CT to give it a closer look.

Ron Baron saying SpaceX could be doing over a trillion a year with StarLink and launch services if I got it right.
It's a good time to get in on some BPTRX, which holds SpaceX and X Holdings (along with TSLA). Probably gets you exposure to Starlink, X, X.ai, etc.
I increased my holdings yesterday.

All they ‘ve done is program an industrial robot to make coffee. The same robots are on the factory floor doing tasks a hundred times more intricate.

In the same way bears fail to see genuine innovations from Tesla, some bulls tend to hype up mundane things
And if this Robot is not 'programmed' or 'teached' the tradtionial way and learned it's skills by simply watching a real Barista?
And if the generated model is running on the hardware of a Tesla Model Y?
Wait until this simple machine is replaced by Optimus!

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
So.. in that tweet-thread somebody asked Tesla if that press was for them.

That seems like the obvious conclusion, but up to this point Tesla's bought from IDRA, which is LK's subsidiary. Any thoughts as to why this even bigger press is by LK, and who this press may be slated for?
Both LK and IDRA have tended to produce the same products, depending largely on the source of orders. Of course opinions may differ, but we do know that Chinese manufacturers have been more rapid than have Japanese, European and American OEM's. If Tesla is ordering those we'll find out soon enough. It does seem quite likely that these will be even more difficult to commission that have been the 6000 and then 9000 ones.

1. Just imagine how much expense can be excised from larger vehicles with this machine!
2. Then imagine just how demanding will be the physical facility required to how this thing!
3. Then realize that it's highly probable that this one could not be retrofitted for an existing factory.
4. Then think how many OEM's are cap[able enough to manage the technological challenges of filling this monster, cycling it and removing the finished product.
5. Finally, which OEM's can deal with the materials required to enable the process.

If the answers are all the same company (ies) then we know who the customer(s) are.
TSLA is one. How about SAIC, GWM, BYD ?
Historically BMW has accomplished some arcane skills. BMW Technik has delved into unusual solutions.
I admit to possible bias since I owned a Z1 for several years, one of those that did yield some later widely deployed technologies, notably the rear suspension. Still, they've not been adept at manufacturing cost efficiency. Nearly all other OEM's seem incapable to manage the technological complexity of state-of-the-art Gigacasting.

Seems like a cool project for the automation apprentices. Gets publicity, goodwill and it saves the expense of a barrista...

Both LK and IDRA have tended to produce the same products, depending largely on the source of orders. Of course opinions may differ, but we do know that Chinese manufacturers have been more rapid than have Japanese, European and American OEM's. If Tesla is ordering those we'll find out soon enough. It does seem quite likely that these will be even more difficult to commission that have been the 6000 and then 9000 ones.

1. Just imagine how much expense can be excised from larger vehicles with this machine!
2. Then imagine just how demanding will be the physical facility required to how this thing!
3. Then realize that it's highly probable that this one could not be retrofitted for an existing factory.
4. Then think how many OEM's are cap[able enough to manage the technological challenges of filling this monster, cycling it and removing the finished product.
5. Finally, which OEM's can deal with the materials required to enable the process.

If the answers are all the same company (ies) then we know who the customer(s) are.
TSLA is one. How about SAIC, GWM, BYD ?
Historically BMW has accomplished some arcane skills. BMW Technik has delved into unusual solutions.
I admit to possible bias since I owned a Z1 for several years, one of those that did yield some later widely deployed technologies, notably the rear suspension. Still, they've not been adept at manufacturing cost efficiency. Nearly all other OEM's seem incapable to manage the technological complexity of state-of-the-art Gigacasting.

Thanks for the info...

Agreed on the difficulty of implemenation. Given Tesla started with much smaller capacity presses and worked their way up, it would seem unlikely for the other manufacturers that are behind to leap-frog them with a 16T press...

It's almost like the macro market doesn't see the vision (and reality of its probable successful execution) where robotics will automate all the old jobs from the fossil fuels and pre-internet marketplaces, make everyone wealthy enough to (at least) meet basic needs through the returns and social income (i.e. sustainable) from taxes on profit margins and cost savings, and while innovation in the space + internet (across all industries and especially healthcare) creates all the new jobs...

...why not start to create the rhetoric around what those new potential jobs are to be created? Is it not known?

I'm guessing that the market would need to see the robotics + AI market really get into production and displace current jobs as well as space to see real progress for Elon Musk's vision become a reality in the markets.

My 2 cents.

I guess the answer to my question, and really any question about v12 (and later) is "more training."
Yes, theoretically, v12 and later should be able to solve any driving problem and become a much better driver than humans. To me, what is still unknown is how much training that will take and how comprehensive would the neural network need to be.

According to Elon, most of Tesla's future value is from FSD. So an investment in Tesla is a gamble that they can throw enough data and computing power at the problem to get it solved.

I think it all looks very promising and I've never been more excited to try out a new FSD release. V12 can not come soon enough!

Last edited: